The Guardians of Hyrule

737 posts in this topic

Posted

Yeah, sorry, I've been playing a lot of Guild Wars and S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl. I'm with kicking this back up... so far we have myself, Ivo, Drottingnu, Rai, possibly Jo... next time I see Pumpkin on MSN I'm going to bug her to get back on here, but I haven't seen her in a while. Either she's back into Fallout 3 or she's just been spending time with family.

I've heard rumors about Hyrule.net possibly going down or something... if so, I dunno if I'll move this to some forums I admin at that have been rather dead for a while or if I'll try to move to fanfiction.net version... but that involves changing of plot somewhat and characters... It's considerably behind compared to this one.

Ivo, you have... Shad, right? He's with Ashei and Telma in a wagon heading in the direction of the Hidden Village. The main group in the desert... I think they got done visiting the Great Fairy and are heading back to Hyrule Castle and the overtaken town.

Posted (edited)

((PHEW!! FINALLY!! What a read. I've finally caught up, and understand where the story is, where everyone is headed, and where I might be able to fit in. I'm going out on a limb and assuming that it's alright for my character to have a reason to high-tail it to the Hidden Village, because it appears that mostly everyone else is going there as well. I understand, however, that there are some characters who aren't, and Stormsworder said that no one from Castle Town is going to the Hidden Village. However, my character starts out in Castle Town, and I have a perfect plan to get him over to the Hidden Village. So, below, I'll post my character, his exposition, wait for Stormsworder's approval and/or remarks, and edit accordingly.))

Name: Marcus

Race: Hylian

Appearance: About an inch taller than the average man. In the field, he doesn't care too much for looks, and his short-to-medium length hair becomes ruffled and uncombed. His beard begins to grow past his normal shaving point. In the field, he wears a leather cuirass with chainmail under it over a simple, long-sleeved white tunic. His trousers are normally dark. This is in stark contrast to his appearance in Castle Town, where he cleans himself up. He bathes, combs his hair, shaves, has his tunic cleaned and pressed, and instead of a cuirass, wears a neat, red button shirt. He leaves his shirt unbuttoned to the bottom few buttons and wears light-brown trousers. Marcus isn't too muscled, but he has enough muscle to show that he's fit and is a regular combatant.

He always has his crossbow on him. In the field, he uses a clip on his strap to hook it by the trigger guard, letting it hang on his back. When he cleans up and dresses nicely for town, he uses a clip on one of his belt loops to keep it on-hand.

Weapons: Marcus uses a short blade and his left hand for close-quarters in lethal combat. In non-lethal combat or when absolutely necessary, he uses his hand-to-hand skills. For long, medium, or, occasionally, close-range, he uses his crossbow.

Personality: Marcus is easy on those who are kind to him, and hard on those who aren't. Normally working alone or with only a few other people, he has developed a mindset for guerilla warfare. People who haven't worked with him before would probably find his ideas, strategies, and confidence odd, or even insane. To those who don't know him personally, he comes off as a nice guy. He still comes off as a nice guy to those who know him, but some don't appreciate his own personal sense of honor, which he never sits down and actually explains. He also has a cynical sense of humor, but things that aren't likable about him are usually forgotten in the face of his compassion and respect.

On a side note, he is in love with women, and not entirely in a sexual way. The only sexual love that he has for women comes from his heterosexuality. He loves women for their personalities, their beauty, and their kindness(when kind ones come around). His outlook on women is shared by Edgar Allen Poe, if that makes it easier to understand.

Home: Mostly Castle Town, he travels and adventures a lot.

Bio: Marcus was an ordinary Hylian in Castle Town until, as a young teenager, he daringly climbed his first building. Ever since then, he's had the sparkle of adventure in his eye. He abandoned ideas of an ordinary life and an ordinary occupation, and instead took up adventure and thievery. In his late teens and early twenties, he was a thief in Castle Town, stealing from the rich and not giving to the poor. He became an accomplished climber as he escaped from guards and became an accomplished fighter in different bars that would hold fights. Fighting other thieves and criminals in the city, he learned how to use the short blade, becoming very skilled with "practice," and mixed in the slashing and stabbing with different hand movements and hits using his off-hand.

After leaving town, he took up the crossbow and began hunting and practicing until he became skilled enough to hold his own with it. He began to adventure, going to places like Faron Woods, Snowpeak, and even Gerudo Desert, before the Twilight fell over Hyrule. When Twilight did fall, he was among the crowd that weren't hurt in Castle Town. After it went away, he was one of the few that sort of liked the "new" Hyrule, seeing it as more fun and challenging. He lost some of that enthusiasm, however, a few months ago when he became one of the few to travel to Arbiter's Grounds and return. He saw things there and in the desert that haunted him for a long time after the journey. During Azathoth's invasion of Castle Town, he was enjoying a nice drink and a woman's company in a Castle Town tavern, when the monsters attacked. He didn't have time to see if anyone made it out as he escaped to the second floor. Alone, unarmored, and, for the most part, unarmed, he jumped out of the second floor window, onto another building's roof, and began his escape.

((I begin there, of course. I'll need to explain it, though. This is happening shortly before Stormsworder's party arrives in town, and he escapes Castle Town while they're in it so that it doesn't interfere with anything that they did at all. However, I'm going to click on the post button and take a little break before I begin.))

((And you may have caught the fact that he's leaving the tavern without his equipment. Marcus doesn't hang out in the same tavern/inn that he has a room in. This is in case something happens, and he ends up getting thrown out. We wants to be able to go back and sleep without the hassle of having to break in to get his stuff back.))

((Also, I'm sorry, Stormsworder, but I may end up controlling a monster.))

Marcus landed continued running, jumping to another rooftop, then another. He swiftly drew his crossbow and turned around, checking his six. No monsters had come into the room that he had escaped out of. Good. That means that they were too busy killing all of the others to notice him escape, which also meant that he was in the clear. He didn't ease up, though. He spotted some monsters in the streets and immediately went prone to avoid detection.

Damn, it ain't gonna be long until they post archers on the rooftops. I might be screwed if that happens. Hmm...

He looked and already saw the skeleton-like archers climbing ladders and setting up. He also couldn't help but notice other monsters with sheathed shortswords climbing the buildings.

Well, 'they' certainly move weird, but whatever. I have to get past them either way.

He saw no other choice. There didn't seem to be a stealthy way past the archers on the rooftops or the footsoldiers in the streets. There sure as hell wasn't a way past those shortsword-wielding ones, which he named "Seekers," for strategy's sake. He readied his crossbow to fire at the first archer who noticed him, and ran. An archer's bow snapped to, aiming perfectly at him and tracking. He took no time in pulling the trigger, letting the bolt fly. He didn't watch the results. He knew if hit, and he knew it would buy him time whether it killed the archer or not.

As he ran to the edge of the roof, the rythimic pit, pat! of footsteps flowed into his ears from behind. It had to have been a seeker.

He leaped, clearing the lengthy gap over a narrow street. He knew he'd hear the seeker land behind him, though, and sure enough, it happened.

Marcus stopped and spinned, smacking the seeker in the left-jawbone with his bow. The seeker was caught mid-pounce, but all it did was cause it to spin and kick Marcus in the jaw. He doubled back and turned to escape, only to have the seeker latch onto his back. He heard the shling! of a sword being drawn, and fell back to slam the seeker on the rooftop. It loosened it's grip on Marcus, who got up and kicked it into the street.

No time for celebration now, though, 'cause two more were comin' at him from the rooftop he just jumped across from.

So, he took the only sensible choice. He ran.

Running and running, jumping and jumping, he finally reached the familiar tavern that he had checked into - the very same tavern where his equipment lied. He took a dive of faith through the window, using his forearms to guard his face from the glass.

Of course, he was in the wrong room. He kicked the door open, and sprinted down the hall to his room, slamming that door open as well.

Finally!

He didn't waste time worrying about comfort. He frantically wrestled into his leather cuirass, leaving the chainmail in his bag.

It'll do for now...

He strapped on the sheath for his shortblade(with the blade in it), his quiver, and "holstered" his crossbow on his belt loop.

Thinking quickly, he slipped his pack on, picked up a chair, and tossed it through the window. He climbed down and, snatching his only bomb out of his pack, turned to face the two seekers who caught up. He primed it, threw it at his feet, turned around, and made a mad sprint for the east gate out of Castle Town.

He sprinted restlessly until he stopped and dropped over brown, dead grass.

Oh Goddesses... What... was that back there?

...Why did that happen?

Seeing that the monsters weren't pursuing out of town, he finally looked up and saw it. Smoke. Just billowing out of the castle.

"Wow..." he breathed. "Just... Wow."

He had to move. He remembered one place that might be safe, an old, desolate town who's only inhabitants were snakes and dust. He found it one day during his travels, and it was there that he buried a stash near an odd, hollow stone. He had a long trip ahead of him, so he started moving.

He couldn't fight the feeling, though. Maybe that place was just as messed up as Castle Town, though. I didn't matter. He'd fight whatever wanted to kill him there, and then he'd just move in. It's not like he had anywhere else to go. He had to get there.

And that was all that mattered. If the world was screwed up, his life was survival from here on out.

((I'm gonna go ahead and post his entrance into the Hidden Village and see if that's alright. Sorry if I'm going too far with this, it's just tat I'm really anxious after reading for so long t catch up.))

So this is it...

Marcus stopped in front of the cave leading to the abandoned town. The cave was somehow promising, but ominous all the same. What will be waiting for him past this cave? Will he find it abandoned, or will he be riddled with arrows? He figured the best he could do if it turned out to be occupied would be to hide and scout out what he could, but he'd have to be quick.

No... There's no way they wouldn't see some Hylian walking right through the front door. Oh well, if I live, I live. If I die, I die fighting.

Marcus had already stopped along the way and took his neat button shirt off, replacing it with cold chainmail. He hadn't changed trousers, though, and his crossbow hung by his belt loop. He fingered the clip and raised the bow silently, scanning the cave.

Here it goes. Let's do this.

He started off in a stable trot down the cave.

Light began to break as he saw the town. He quickly scanned the buildings, not seeing any movement.

Good.

He dove into the building on his right, rolling to his feet and immediately sighting all corners of the building. He relaxed, lowering his weapon steadily. Something moving in his peripheral...

Marcus! Think!

He snapped to, firing in the direction of the movement. The bolt zipped through the air, piercing the body of a snake.

Well alrighty then.

He reloaded and walked out the backdoor, which led to a small section of grass which seemed to be hidden behind these buildings for no reason. Marcus looked in a corner and found his shovel.

Right where I left it. Nice. I guess no one's been here.

Relaxing and taking things in stride, he holstered his bow, picked up his shovel, and proceeded to dig in front of a hollow stone.

Edited by Jo-Bengt (see edit history)

Posted

((Stormsworder's decision to make, Jo-Bengt, but I think it was fine.

And, Stormsworder, I'm completely lost with the RP, so could you be the first to update for the group in The Hidden Village place?))

Posted

((I certainly hope so. Somewhere, though, I feel like I crossed the line on what might be acceptable or maybe my post wasn't good enough or something. I've never been pressed for literacy in an RP before, and I'm not too much of an experience RPer. I'm mostly experience in DA chat RPing. Thanks, by the way! I've been reading this for a long time trying to catch up, and the regulars here have been good at this, and have been worth reading. I hope my posts can be on par with y'all's.[Yeah, I said y'all. It's in the dictionary.]))

Posted

(( What's up dudes and dudettes? I've been on a fallout 3 kick lately, but I will come back any play with y'all soon. I'm sorry for being gone so long. I just sort of hit a snag with my writing...))

Posted

((Seems that you're not the only one, Pumpkin :/ ))

Posted

((For real :( . We really need some activity in this RP))

Posted

FINALLY! The internet has been restored!

Aghhh...

I am beyond sorry for disappearing the minute I said that I was back for good. I had just gotten the internet connection back when we lost it again- this time the phone line had been disconnected all together. I couldn't even come in to tell anybody that I'd be gone. I hope I'll be able to actually get back into the RP. It's been so long sense I've posted anything...

Posted

((Dude, it's been so long since /anyone/'s posted in this rp. I wish it weren't true, but whatever. :( ))

Posted

((Okay, so I've got Jo, Ivo, maybe Drottingnu [no idea on her internet situation], possibly Umbreon or whatever name she goes by now... Once again, Pumpkin is missing, and no idea where Beguiling is....)

Posted

((I haven't seen the Bard at all since a I got back... nor most of the RPers for that matter. Umbreon has been logging on fairly regularly though, so that's good news.))

Posted

((If anyone has any contact info, we could email those folks and ask them to come back.))

Posted

Okay, I'm back, but now I have no idea where Stormsworder is though :/ Without her, this RP doesn't work.

Posted

((I'm still trying to find out where the HECK Pumpkin went off to. She just has random spurts of vanishing... dunno if there's a family issue or what that I haven't seen her on. Also don't know where Beguiling Bard went. Me, I'm busy with college and mostly just lurk on NSider 2 and deviantART. Pumpkin is kinda my co-owner... so I do need her.))

Posted

((Judging by the recent influx of new members, which is awesome, I'm pretty sure Pumpkin might end up drifting back here. :) ))