The Guardians of Hyrule

737 posts in this topic

Posted

Eskill heard shouting and some monster voice yelling something, from the east gate. He quickly ran to the gate and saw a bunch of guards making a barrier around the gate and a large squad of Bublin! He quickly drew his sword and sheild and ran to defend the city.

((cue Ivo-goji))

Posted

They're not hostile. They're on our side.

Posted

At the young man folding his arms, Telma just raised an eyebrow. She wasn't the least bit intimidated by him, having face much worse with some of her tavern patrons. "Well, acting like you're going to stand around until I give you answers isn't going to get you any, young man." She frowned, leaning against the counter and staring out across the tavern. "But I'll tell you anyways. Seems a buncha soldiers went missing out in the desert... and a very dear friend of mine was among them."

------------------

The commander looked at King Bulbo like he was both stupid and crazy. "You? Answer the call? What kind of fools do you take us for? And how did you even find out about it!?" the commander barked right back at him, although he was slightly intimidated by the powerful-looking warrior.

Posted

Mera appeared out of the shadows as was known of her race. "Your help is appreciated, but you must know if you double cross us you'll up against a Sheikah. A fight you're very likely to lose." She then extended a hand to be shaken.

Posted

He realized how foolish he must have looked to a woman who was the leader of the group that had helped the hero Link restore their world to what it was now, having faced bulbins, the opression of Zant while on his doorstep (or rather their own, but it was taken hostage by the fiend for a while during that whole ordeal), and everything else involved, a small framed fisherman wasn't at all intimidating to the much stronger woman who stared back at him as if he were insane to take her as one who could be coursed by the likes of him. Looking apologetic and humbled by his own idiocy to forget for a minute who this woman was, he didn't seem at all like he was trying to get something out of her now, but was just there to listen. Thankfully, she told him a bit of the story, and for that he was grateful, but also more curious after that small bit of information. Feeling rather stupid, but still wishing to know all he could he asked, "Soldiers in the desert? Now? What could they have been looking for?" he noticed the look in her eye, and knew that it was as stupid a question as he thought. As if Telma was going to know every dealing of the guard and kingdom. So, he moved on instead of dwelling on an answer that she wasn't exactly able to give him herself. "Is it too nosy of me to ask who this friend was?"

Posted

King Bulbin gritted his teeth, surrpressing the urge to pound the guard to a pulp with his club. He couldn't actually tell him how he found out. It would ruin any chance of him answering the summens. So he lied.

"There was a rumor going around. One you just proved, insolent human! Now move out of our way, or I'll-" he didn't get to finish his sentence.

Just then, a wild looking young man ran out from behind the guards, holding a sword and sheild.

"Get back you filthy beasts!" the young man cried at the top of his lungs.

"By Bellum!!!!??"

((King Bulbin is pretty slow. Eskill gets the first move.))

Posted

(( Read Mera's post, Ivo-goji ))

Posted

((I was typing when she posted -_-))

King Bulbin looked over at the Sheikah as Eskill's blade bounced off his shoulder pad.

"I'm sorry, were you speaking to me?" he said dummly.

((Ok. Now you can attack him.))

Posted

(( Sorry. :/ I didn't mean to make that sound mean or bossy like it came off. ))

Posted

"I'm jus' glad he fergot bout me!" one of them mumbled, holding his club as tightly as he could.

((You made me Lol XD))

Ryu sighed, sitting atop a ruined pillar, staring into the distance. The attack of the Moldorms had taken it's toll, four warriors dead. Naturally, his bodyguards survived, not even a scratch. But the four that did die were their younger sisters, the whole rest of the day they had sullenly done their duty, barely registering the fact that he had escaped them twice to sit alone. They had yet to find him again.

He was staring at a sillhouette of a very old, very large, building. He had heard legends of it, no more. The shape was unmistakable, the Arbiter's Grounds. Long ago, the Gerudo lived very near to it. and then, after the banishing of their previous leader, Ganondorf, they had been driven deep into the desert. Half the population had died off before they reached an area habitable.

That temple would be their next destination. And he would be the first Gerudo to have stepped inside since the ancient times.

Ryu smiled. Being a leader was incredibly boring, but it did have it's occasional treats.

Later, after being found yet again by his persistant bodyguards, they started moving. Ryu in the dead center, as usual. It was the safest place for him. If any attacked, they'd have to make it through nearly his entire army to reach him.

They crested a large mound of sand, giving Ryu a perfect view of Arbiter's Grounds and the surrounding area. He saw a small horsed group, steadily moving along. He could see the sunlight glinting off their Hylian armor. Practically giggling with exitment, Ryu burst into a run. He shot past his body guards and began moving through the rest. They both dropped their halberds and shot after him, leaving 3-feet high blasts of sand in their wake.

"Wait my Prince!" They called in unison.

But Ryu wasn't listening, he was running faster than he ever had before, and he wasn't about to stop. Not when there were Hylians not 50 yards away.

He skidded to a halt 25 feet away, panting from his long run, persperation dripping off his face. Then, pulling himself up to his full height and looking as Princely as possible, he bowed. "Greetings, Hylians. I am Ryu, Prince of the Gerudo. I come with offerings of peace." He said. His bodyguards came up and stood to either side of them, hands tapping on their sword hilts.

Ryu awaited an answer.

Posted

Cale brought his steed to a stop now, a bit surprised to see anyone else in this desert. After all, with most of the monsters roaming about, even adventurers and treasure hunters were choosing to keep their distance from the ruin. "Eh? Prince of the Gerudos?" It took a few seconds for this to register in Cale's mind. The Gerudos had been forced out of Hyrule, exiled before even Cale had been born. "Well, as much as I'd wish to trade formalities, I'm on a rather important mission."

Blaine shot Rurik a curious glance. The Gerudo had returned to Hylian lands? He had not expected this... but of course, things just seemed to be getting stranger and stranger.

Posted

Ryu was almost shaking with excitement now, he could hardly supress his grin. They had actually talked to him! From the corner of his eye he saw his guards relax a little, but just a little.

"Important mission?" He asked. It was his chance! "What type of mission? Would it have anything to do with the Arbiter's Grounds by any chance?" In his eagerness he had abandoned all majesty and reverted to a childish way of things.

Posted

Cale resisted the urge to groan in frustration. Apparently he was dealing with someone who was still but a child, and he didn't have time for this. "Yes, it does, and we are on a tight schedule, so there is no time for idle chatter." Motioning for Rurik and Blaine to follow, he urged his steed on forward, heading toward the ruin.

Posted

Ryu coughed, ashamed to forgotten his place. He had disgraced himself in front of Hylians! He would never forget this moment. He had it make it up... somehow.

"Tell them to make camp near the ruins, and keep a sharp eye out for Moldorms, they attack too often in this area. After you're through return to me." Ryu ordered.

The smaller of his two bodyguards turned and raced back to the troop. He saw her directing and shouting for a minute until they started setting up, and then she came running back.

"If you plan on following them, my Prince. It would be best to wait a while and then sneak closer when it starts to go dark."

Ryu considered this and what he had in mind, analyzed, compared, and then scrapped his own. Hers was far better.

"Yes, lets wait over there. He said, pointing to a roughly built wooden structure. It would provide a small amount of shelter from the heat, but not much.

Posted (edited)

Roark stood beside the stall, surrounded by shoppers entranced by the foreign tat strewn out over the shoddy stall. Yet they stared, oblivious to it's native reputation as common nick nacks. He stared at them, swarming around it like flies to dung. Each one as unlikable as each other. Each one as pampered and care-free as the one stood next to them. So generic. It sickened him to see people so soiled with an unaware innocence about them. Their eyes glazed with wonderment, their faces stained with crinkling grins.

Finding himself almost distraught with an unworldly fear, he dropped his hands from behind his back and looked to the stream of Hylians. The everlasting flow of noise. The thunder of the footsteps, the cackling laughter, the screaming of children and the crackling of conversation. The sun glared upon him, the people passed under it unphased as it stung at his flesh. The passing glances of every bystander gashes in his face.

He held fast his breath, the claustrophobia of the street setting in sharply around him. The heat, the noise, the rushing sight of blurred faces and suddenly the crash of a plate.

He blinked one and turned his head calmly to the woman at the front of the stall. The broken pottery lay at her feet, shattered against the stone. He tilted his head and looked at her a moment. The woman's bewildered eyes watchedhim, her face still with shock and a little embarrassment. Roark glanced from the shards to her face, and put on what was obviously a forced grin. "Oh dear." he spoke smoothly and calmly in an almost patronising tone. "We have made a mess, haven't we?" pausing, he blinked slowly, drawing out her embarrassment as long he could. "Now, pick it up and put it back on the stall. Don't worry about the cost. This rubbish isn't worth my time. And I'm sure I'd rather pay for it myself than spend any more time talking to the likes of you people." he continued, smiling sweetly.

"Ah- I- I can't- I might cut myself-"

"No matter. Wounds heal. And trust me, if you would not adhere to the procedure, you could leave with much more than a tiny flesh wound to show for it." the woman's eyes widened. "Now. Pick it up." Roark said again, his voice shaking and his complexion snapping under the strain.

The woman hastily scopped up the shards of pottery and laid them on the stall. She let out a small squeal as she splintered her palm. Roark took a deep breath and with a sigh, smiled again. He looked away from the woman again and returned to his post. Caught up in the chaos once more. He saw the woman hobble through the crowd, her stubbly legs too little to mover her efficiently from one place to the next. He scoffed at the pethetic Hyrulian. How their race had come to survive so long, he hadn't the foggiest idea.

((If you didn't get it from the post, he's an insane racist, by the way))

Edited by Teto (see edit history)