The Guardians of Hyrule

737 posts in this topic

Posted

Cale glanced back at the Gerudos as he rode towards the Arbiter's Ground, frowning just slightly. His mission took precedence over negotiating with a childish prince, especially when he thought of whose life was at stake.

-----------------

"Hey," a gruff voice spoke near Roark, a helmeted knight approaching him. "That's no way to treat a lady, young man."

Posted (edited)

"OMG WAT" Roark said, with a face that was totally like 'WTF, dewd?".

((This is out-of-character for him, by the way))

Edited by Teto (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

(( Oh, I have a response to your last Telma post, Stormsworder. It's at the bottom of the last page so it's kind of hidden. ))

Edited by Pumpkin (see edit history)

Posted

"OMG WAT" Roark said, with a face that was totally like 'WTF, dewd?".

((This is out-of-character for him, by the way))

((.....?))

Posted

Telma frowned, thinking to herself for a bit. "It's a young girl that I took care of for a while... her father died two years ago in the invasion, and her mother died when she was a child. She hangs out a lot around a few of the royal knights, so she tagged along with them when she came here. A dear little girl with a heart of gold, that one. Braver than even some of Hyrule's soldiers, that's for sure."

Posted (edited)

((.....?))

((It was a joke.

But still, yeah, he'll be taken to the castle and that.))

Posted

Ryu peeked out the large hole he assumed was the door and looked for the Hylians he had seen earlier, they had made good progress, and were nearly there. He motioned with his left hand for his guards to come out, a wave type signal. One crept out and, upon seeing the Hylians, began moving from shelter to shelter. When she had gotten halfway there, she waved for them to start following.

"Come now, stay behind me." She said, darting outside. Ryu dashed along with her, trying hard not to throw up sand and alert the Hylians of their presence. When they reached the other Gerudo, they stopped for a while. Watching the Hylians from behind a large rock. They dismounted their horses and began working their way up into the rockier paths too narrow for horses, this was their chance.

"Now is when we catch up to them." The smaller one said, creeping around their rock shelter and moving closer. Once the Hylians were out of sight, Ryu and his other guard began following, less stealthily and faster now that the Hylians could no longer see them. Which was good because Ryu tripped over a rock and made an awful racket when he knocked over his guard.

Once they made it to the Hylians horses they stopped so Ryu could admire the Hylian-made saddles, armor, and purebred horses. They nearly had to drag him away once he found the Triforce engraved onto one of the saddles.

Posted (edited)

It was a joke.

But still, yeah, he'll be taken to the castle and that.

((Yes, I know.))

((Well, finally we're all together now. Except for the two people whose responses I need to do anything-_- Maybe King Bulbin should faint do to mushroom piosoning again....))

Edited by Ivo-goji (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

((Maybe King Bulbin should fiant do to mushroom piosoning again....))

((Fiant: A warrant addressed to the Irish Chancery for a grant under the Great Seal.

??????))

Posted (edited)

An odd question came from the young hylian's mouth, or at least odd for him seeing as he never delved to deeply into the woman's personal life before, other than the common chatter casual business partners. How's your day? Business going okay? How's the weather been? How you been feelin'? Any fish in particular for next time around? But, something came over him for the moment, the usual friendly expressions he exchanged with his words had vanished, though the expression he wore now was not one of anger or aggression, but an uncommon look of concern, his eyes staring ahead as if in deep thought while he spoke, leaning against the side of the table, one of his worn hands holding his chin as he rested an elbow on the wooden surface. "Where exactly did they go?" His voice was not one of friendly banter, but was created of something that sounded strange when held in his own vocals, one of decision over a great matter, feeling like it should have come from somebody much more traveled, somebody more experienced, somebody that was nothing like this young man. A risk taker, a man of valour and great strength, somebody like the hero Link who almost singlehandedly defeated the evils of this land all on his own. Mugo expected Telma to roar with laughter in his face and tell him to even forget about going out to save a young girl when much more experienced palace guards fled or possibly died fighting whatever it is that might still have her captive.

He took his gaze from the nothingness from which he stared into and looked Telma in the face, his brow knitting as his young face became more serious, "In all my years with doing business with you, I've never seen your face so grave, and can see that this girl means a great deal to you simply the look in your eyes. I know you'd think of me as a man without very much gall, and I suppose it's my own fault for that over our many short meetings to seem as nothing more than a young and foolish fisherman when compared to just about any other man you have laid eyes on. I couldn't confidently say I could fight one of your men and get out of it without some injury, but I have heard tales about the hero Link. Before the Twilight took over Hyrule, wasn't he just a silly little farm hand that nobody would have taken seriously with a sword?"

He sighed and shook his head, pushing himself up from the counter top and scratching his neck as he stared again at Telma after a time.

"It's recklessly arrogant to say that I would be anything close to Link in battle by any stretch of the imagination, but I know enough to kill off rouge bulbins and ward off bandits and have obviously lived through all of those encounters, if that's any consolation." He awaited the large woman's response to this, and somehow felt that she'd still laugh at him after all he said and tell him to go home to his little boat and keep fishing.

Posted

Telma tilted her head slightly towards him, mulling over her words before a slight but serious smile crossed her face slowly. "The soldier was saying how I should send anyone who would be capable enough to head into the Arbiter's Grounds his way... If you're really looking to help, then maybe you should ask one of the soldiers about joining the little band that will head to the desert and look for any survivors."

((Meh, sorry for dropping quality... I'm split between a whole ton of stuff))

Posted (edited)

(( Hey, it's cool. I know how it can be. ))

A bit surprised that the smile didn't turn into a hearty laugh at his little speech, but somehow grateful at the same time that she was taking him a little more seriously with the task of finding the girl she cared so deeply for, he smiled grimly and nodded his head as he thought back on what was said, and what could befall him when he came to the desert lands. It wouldn't do much good to bring his cart with him, once he got there, but his horse could fly him fast over the sands without much trouble, he thought. Straightening himself up a bit, he muttered to Telma,"I'll try all I can to keep the girl out of harm's way, though how you talk of her she'll probably be doing the same for me when I find her." he chuckled softly, making sure not to say 'if' he found her, for he didn't like to think that the mission for the girl's safety was already out of his hands. Giving his friend a bit of hope by not already deciding the outcome helped his own morale a bit, too. He began to leave, then stopped about half way between Telma's counter and the door in a brief pause, turning back to look at her one last time, "I know it's not kind to think of such things, but if I don't return from this trip, send word to my parents in Kakariko of me?" He only asked it of her because she was one of the few who knew his parents and knew Kakariko enough to find them herself. That, and she'd most likely be the last familiar face he would see if he didn't return back to the safer regions of Hyrule. With a curt nod, he turned back and made for the door with a quickened pace, hand on the hilt of his short sword as his mind swam with thought and he left the bar.

Once he got out on the streets and back to his booth, he noticed a few customers and attended to them more quickly than he usually would, cutting down on the friendly banter he was known for and closed down shop rather early, only having a little over half of his haul sold when he figured in the fish be carried off to Telma. It would have to do, though. Feeling that he'd rather have the fish go somewhere rather than have them all rotted later on to attract birds and vermin, he scribbled out a sign, set the barrels int he front of his booth, and left what was left to whoever wanted it, all of it now up for grabs, only taking a few of the fish himself and wrapping them up after killing them. maybe they would stop later and he could cook them. A meal in his belly could possibly do a bit more for his feelings about what he was about to do. He left his horse and carriage where they were, but made sure to give the stallion something to hold him over while he waited for his master to return to him.

Mugo found himself not ten minutes later at the front of the gates where two surly guards stood watch. He cleared his throat, standing as tall as he could without feeling ridiculous, and spoke,"Can you tell me where the group for the desert is meeting?"

(( Just to clarify, he went to the gate before the castle, not to the gate before castle town. Otherwise he wouldn't have walked up so calmly. lol. ))

Posted (edited)

Liz, Cale, Blaine and Rurik dismounted the horses and began to climb a steep and narrow hill.

"how much futher do you recon, Cale? I've been here only once and do not know my way very well." Liz looked at Cale, expecting an awnser.

(Sorry it's short!)

Edited by Zelda Drottningu (see edit history)

Posted

((yargh, being told to go to bed... Man, wish I wasn't on such a different time schedule from you, Zelda. I'll be back on in about... 7 and a half hours.))

"Not much farther to the ruin itself, but once inside... Well, it's a bit of a labyrinth now, so finding our way through won't be easy. There's no telling where any of them could be once we're inside."

Blaine nodded, holding his lance with the shaft resting against his shoulder. "Yeah... and splitting up inside will be too dangerous, especially since we have no idea what we're up against."

Posted (edited)

(Same, I agree with you Stormsworder. Are you on daylight saving time? I'm not yet.)

Elizabeth nodded as she heard Cale's words. She drew her sword from over her shoulder, the Emerald in the hilt shining in the sun, and looked at the blade. Sparkling on the middle of her blade were the words, "Elizabeth is my master," and on the other side, ending the sentence was, "Unite us, and foes shall fall."

Liz looked up at Cale and remembered the reason why they can here in the first place. Danielle, if you are still alive and out there, then please, stay where you are so we can find you. She looked down at the hilt of her blade and saw an exact match of her eye colour in the emeralld there.

Liz looked up at the sky, thinking of Danielle and Zelda, and had a sudden thought. "Cale,what do you think of 'Nenya' for the name of my sword?"

(GRRRR!! It's annoying being on when no one else is. :( I'll try to go on during my lunch time at school. Oh, did you know I'm only 13.:( I feel lonely)

Edited by Zelda Drottningu (see edit history)