The Guardians of Hyrule

737 posts in this topic

Posted

((Have Mugo run into Mera somehow... interception...))

Posted

King Bulbin watched the Sheikah as she walked off with out even looking back at them, slightly angered by the lack of trust in her words, but releaved to finally be allowed passage. He sneered at the guards.

"I guess you'll have to let me in then, ay?"

The guards stared after Mera like she had just told them to deface the sacred Triforce then dround them selves in the mote. The Captain turned to King Bulbin and spoke through gritted teeth.

"I suppose so. Excuse me sir."

The guards stepped aside, allowing the party entry. The massive Bulbin laughed, his whole body shaking as he did. The other Bulbins snickered as well, guiding thier boars to the city entrance.

"Wait! They can't come in!" the Captain shouted.

"Sorry, but if I go in, so does my entourage. I won't enter with out them. Of corse, if you object you can take it up with her...." the King replied, gestureing to Mera, who was quietly rounding a corner, seemingly melding into the shadows.

Once again the Captain relented, giveing a short 'Fine' and moving away, showing the band no further trouble.

The Bulbins rode across the bridge, still snickering, all too happy to have spited some Hylain knights. They casually made their way to the town's great doors, two archers jumping down to open them wider.

You could hear the screams of terror echoing for miles and miles.

The King laughed harder, urgeing Lord Bulbo to move forword. He gave one last glance at Eskill, who looked back at him with an apologetic expression.

"You were brave to face me like that, warrior." he said quietly. "But know this. If that were to have been a true fight, I would have crushed you!"

He kicked Lord Bulbo hard in the sides, and rushed into the gates of Castle Town.

Posted (edited)

Eventually, the guards took this thin fisherman seriously enough to direct him to look for 'the Shiekah, lady Mera'. When he posed the simple question of where her location was exactly, he was given a shrug and then told 'somewhere within Castle Town'. He gave the unhelpful guards a reproachful glance before he turned his way and started back for the town. If it hadn't been for the fact that a young girl's life was in peril, he wouldn't have bothered to go on a wild goose chase for this Sheikah who called by Mera. He'd only ever heard tales and seen drawings of the Sheikah, and drawings in story books wouldn't help him now, they looked nearly the same as the Hylians aside from the eyes and hair.

After a few minutes of walking on, there was a sight that he obviously couldn't miss, and now knew what people were looking worried over, and even what some shrieked in terror over. He'd barely made it down the street that lead to the town square when he saw a large and heavily armored Bulbin on a great boar also adorned in it's own protective armor, a few smaller Bulbins on smaller, but still frightfully large boars road around seeming rather pleased with themselves. Cautiously and for quite a good reason, he watched as the Bulbins followed what looked to be their leader. A Bulbin that monstrous in size sure wasn't going to be the shoe buffer in a group like that, and certainly held himself and was dressed in a way that showed he was in a higher rank than the rest by far. Or.. He supposed it was a 'he', he'd never really bothered to linger on that thought too long before he carefully followed behind them in a way as not to bring too much attention to himself. They didn't look like they were causing trouble, but certainly did a bang-up job of making the commoners loose their wits about them by simply being there. A young Hylian man followed behind the Bulbins and didn't seem to fear them for the most part, but up in front he couldn't see for the life of him who it was that was directing the rather impressive group of Bulbin. Damn his poor eyesight. However, this didn't hinder his thirst for wanting to know more.

Was it possible this was part of the group that came to call to the queen's wishes? To have such a historically violent, yet completely docile group such as that in Castle Town walls spoke volumes to Mugo in particular.

((Interesting. Spell check didn't feel it necessary to tell me eventually was spelled wrong))

Edited by Pumpkin (see edit history)

Posted

"You've been looking for me?" A voice came from the shadows, "I was sent after you by Telma. If you'd like to join the rescue party then by all means follow the bublins. Currently they, and and the one hylian following are your party."

Posted

With a swift intake of breath, he turned his head and instantly got a crick in his neck, resulting in something very uncomfortable as his blueish eyes searched the shadows in which he was very near to. Though, it was if the voice had no body at all, and he simply nodded and grumbled more to himself than the shadows "What a way to sneak up on an alley." he sounded a bit agitated, but knew not to go too far our get too impassioned about something so trivial as sneaking around at this point. from what eh could gather, what spoke to him was Mera, the Sheikah he was told of. He supposed he'd eventually meet her, seeing as she had melted from what shadows she apparently stood in and looked as though she was out in front of the group again to lead them along. then again, his poor eyes might have been playing a few tricks on him, Or she could have. He knew enough to know the Sheikah were a very mysterious race, with even more mysterious powers at their control. A force he most assuredly didn't want to reckon with if he wanted to keep all of his limbs. Sighing heavily, he rushed up to the rest of the group so he wouldn't be left behind, calling ahead, "Will there be time to grab my horse and cart?"

Posted (edited)

"Certainly." She said with a gentle charm to her voice. "You could retrieve it now and tell the guards at the castle Mera sent you, If they don't believe you show then this." She pulled a necklace off, it was in the shape of an eye and made out of a purple semiprecious stone. likely amyethyst. "It's really important to me so don't lose it."

Edited by Umbreon (see edit history)

Posted

"Oh yeah?" Eskill said to King Bublin "What about that guy Link beating you so easily, four times?"

Posted

"What?!?" King Bulbin roared turning around on the spot. In his angry laps of control, he steared Lord Bulbo into a stall selling cheep foreign trinkets, apparently maned by certain "Roark", as the sign indicated. He ignored this, and rounded on Eskill.

"First of all, I've have grown much stronger sense then! I am double what I was two years ago! Second of all, you can not compare yourself to the mighty Link! He is by far the most powerful warrior in all of Hyrule!" the King boomed, his admiration of the Hero so great it showed through even his own pride.

"Third of all, I sware I was only beaten three times! Er, or was it four? Uh...." as it was, numbers weren't his strong point. He struggled for a moment before shaking his head.

"Bah! Like I was saying, Link is unrivaled and there is no way you can defeat me! You shall see my strength as we procead on this quest!"

((Not trying to be mean, just staying in character.))

Posted (edited)

((*feels really, really dumb now*))

He took a moment to look the necklace over, it was so lovely that he almost was afraid to take it from her. Of course, whens he held it out to him, he let his fears of being skewered for dropping the necklace subside and simply put the jewelery around his neck for safe keeping, giving a passing word of thanks to Mera before he rushe din the opposite direction to retrieve his beast of burden and the now empty cart. To his disbelief, the barrels that he had left had only a few fish swimming around in the bottom of either one. Not one that wanted to waste good barrels, he transfered all of the water and fish over into just one of them and stored them all inside of the back of his cart again, making sure to fasten them securely as he had earlier that morning before going on the move again, passing nervous people along the city streets that had no doubt seen or gotten word of the Bulbins trotting around inside their home. he supposed he should have to look on Bulbins a bit differently from that time on, but still had a uncertain feeling in the pit of his stomach, which was probably but there by all of those rouge Bulbins he had been forced to slay to save his own skin over the past two years. Little did he ever know that encounters as bloody and unpleasant as those would come in handy in this chapter of his life. They had reached the gate after a time, and he stopped his cart and shire horse for a moment as he hopped down to come around the large beast and held out the dangling amulet to one of the guards, explaining himself and his business to them politely, and was eventually let in through the gates with his cart and horse. Or course, they had to inspect what he had in the back first just to be on the safer side of things, no matter how unthreatening he seemed to them.

He didn't take his horse very far on, stopping at a comfortable distance from the final destination where he noticed the others and stopped themselves as well, possibly in hopes of waiting for others to come around before they planned on leaving for sure. he sat at the front of his cart and toyed with the reigns in his hands nervously as he waited along with them in silence, forgetting the fine chain that rested around his neck and carried Mera's cherished stone.

Edited by Pumpkin (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

((I have deleted another post by me))

Edited by LegoBonez (see edit history)

Posted

(( Er.. I think that they'd like to play their own characters. Especially for those bits. you may want to hide that post before she sees. ))

Posted

I meant take over as Zelda.

Posted

((*looks up from playing RF Online* ......Where the heck was it established they were going to the throne room? ....Meh. *goes off to finish up some things*))

Posted

(( eh, I suppose it was a good deal my mistake that happened. I figured that because he was given Mera's necklace to let him through the gates, he would be entering the castle as well and meeting Zelda. I assumed waaay too much. I can change it for what's really going on, once I know for certain. ))

Posted (edited)

((that didn't go well.))

Edited by LegoBonez (see edit history)