The Guardians of Hyrule

737 posts in this topic

Posted

((Gerbil... if you're planning on getting good marks in English, your writing needs to be vastly improved over that... That's just... It hurts to even read it -_-))

"Dangit, these things are too fast!" Danielle shouted, sidestepping a blow that was meant for her head. She lashed out quickly, but the slight nick to its arm barely even fazed it. A second one leapt forward from behind her, pinning her down to the ground as it went to drive its blades through her shoulders.

Blaine rolled to the side, and picked up his lance, an arrow catching him in the back of his left leg. He hissed slightly, the chainmail lessening the blow where he had been struck, but it still hurt. One of the beasts tried to come at Liz from behind, but he swung his lance and caught it in the chest, flinging it away. There's too many... we're overwhelmed!

((Edit: Spiko, no, just NO. You're not running into my group, especially not if you're controlling the events and the monsters that are under my control. No.))

Posted (edited)

((sorry stormsworder))

Leaf thought that he'd had it, "how do i kill whats already dead?"Leaf turned around and started to run. He wasn't fast enough to out run them, "what do i do? wait that's it!" Leaf jumped inside a deku flower and headed for lake hylia.

((sorry about my writing, litracy isn't my strong point))

Edited by Teto
Double parenthesis is important (see edit history)

Posted

Natu ate what he could, which wasn't much. It hurt to swallow even a small bite. This is bad. he thought, There must be an infection, and it's spreading fast. He realized that he had trouble moving, which meant he was more exausted than anyone, or the infection was paralizing him.

Natu struggled to speak, "We...have to...hurry...I...won't...last..long..."

((It was much more entertaining for me when I was able to do something other than sit there and wait.))

Posted (edited)

Stormsworder:((Gerbil... if you're planning on getting good marks in English, your writing needs to be vastly improved over that... That's just... It hurts to even read it -_-))

(( what do you mean by this?))

Edited by Teto
Double parenthesis is important (see edit history)

Posted

((Wait. I'm confused. What's happening with Leaf and Gwain?))

Liz let out a cry of frustration, swinging her sword around at a skeletal beast beside her, her limp arm following uselesly around. "Danielle?!" She looked over, just to see her pind to the ground. "Move!!" She cried out, knowing words will make no difference anyway.

Running over to the youth, Elizabeth was about to strike it, when instead it chose a different target and leaped away from Danielle, landing on her, knocking the eighteen year old to the ground.

Posted

((Sorry, now that I'm in school again, i have to wait until after dinner to get on the computer D:))

Darren Suddenly Awoke "GAH! WHO ARE YOU?!" he shouted at Gwain, but before she could answer, he saw him holding his book "NO! GIVE THAT BACK!" he said, then he snatched the book away.

Posted

((My Mera's weapon is more tempered then enchanted, and that's bemuse it's a normally Fragile, and flimsy Rapier... I want the sword because I know how it's used properly, and it;s the right sword for me in real life, but it would be illogical for a Sheikah to have a weapon that's break easily in heavy battle...)

Mera turned to her bublins. She had already made it to the entrance of the cave. "Are you ready? Because I'm going in." Once inside there was a great decease in vision from the sudden drastic change in lighting. Mera's blood red eyes made quick work of adjusting, and she could see as if there were several torches on the wall. She drew her blade and awaited the bublins.

Posted

((Damn...I really wanted a hammer...Oh well, I'll just have to get rid of it, I suppose.))

Well, here it is:

Name: Adam

Race: Hylian-Sheikah mix (He doesn't know that he is a mix, though; he thinks that he's just Hylian)

Appearance: 6ft, dark brown (with a hint of blond) hair, yellowish-green eyes, three black shirts, and dark blue pants.

Weapons: A long sword with a sapphire-studded hilt.

Personality: Loyal, friendly, and kind. Almost always willing to give a helping hand. Though he is very standoffish if he doesn’t know someone, and can seem hard, distant, even cold from uncommon time to uncommon time. Adam also is very intelligent and knows how to manipulate people if he must.

Home: In a small hut near Castle Town.

Bio: Adam was born to Gregory and Anna 10 years after his older brother, Vixen, was born. Unfortunately, Anna died while giving birth to Adam. Since then, Gregory has blamed Adam for her death and turned to alcohol (if they even have that in Zelda; if not, fermented milk does the trick), and beats Adam weekly, with both fists and leather belts. For 12 years after Adam’s birth, Vixen has taken care of him, and taught him many things, including how to defend himself and manipulate people for a living [since they were very poor and their father did nothing but drink and such]. On Adam’s 14th birthday, his father was more drunk than usual and started to rant and rave, while holding a very large butcher knife. Gregory lunged at Adam, but Vixen pushed him out of the way, taking the hit to his left eye. The father then dropped the knife, temporarily horrified, and mumbled some stuff about it being Vixen’s fault he (Gregory) had just hurt him (Vixen), and started to beat him (Vixen). Adam stared on in shock, and shakily took the abandoned butcher knife and slowly crept up to Gregory. Adam then slowly stood up and slipped, jamming the knife into his back and right through the spaces in his bones and into the heart. Vixen, who had still loved their father despite everything, just sat there, then got up and slowly turned to walk out the door. Adam, who was now crying, crawled to Vixen and grabbed his right leg. Vixen stopped abruptly and put his right hand to his forehead. He then lifted his left leg and bashed Adam’s head, causing him to reel backwards and fall heavily back to the floor, his head thudding loudly, now unconscious. Vixen stared at Adam, shocked, then ran out the door, never to be seen by Adam again. Adam spent the next two years living in that small hut near Castle Town, and when he couldn’t stand the place holding 16 years of bad memories, packed up his stuff and left. For 2 years, he braved the wilderness…

Is this good? Bad? ???

Posted (edited)

((God, that was a bit of a carry on. I deleted the whole conversation except for this.))

Pumpkin - "(( I highly doubt she'd let you guys have enchanted items when we are all basically dispensable side characters in this Rp. How would a fifteen pound sword be more effective as if it were swung like a one pound sword? The whole point of it being weighty is the extra force into a blow, your character would still be quick about it if he were used to using it all the time. Weight, if used properly, doesn't decrease the speed of an object. It can actually increase speed, if anything. Recovery time for a novice swordsman between strikes would come into play, however. That is, if he didn't know how to use that time properly. Heavy swords like that can help deflect shots of other lighter swords if the person wielding the other sword doesn't put enough force to hit at their opponent... I think I'll just stop there. lol. I get too far into this sword/dagger fighting junk

EDIT: Also, I know you guys are trying to be funny, but could you please take all of this OOC banter somewhere else that doesn't take up pages of the actual RP? I'd really like to keep the reason for pages building because people are playing, not talking out of character with absolutely no contributions after going back and forth twenty or so times.

Double edit: And.. I just have to ask this, because it makes absolutely no sense to me. Dr Dimension, if your character's parents were wealthy and probably in their mid-twenties or early thirties when they started having their children.. How could they die a peaceful death so young when they are well cared for with their wealth and obviously amiable lifestyle? I mean, my mom had me when she was getting into her mid thirties and she's still alive, and I'm almost twenty one myself. She's certainly not going to die "peacefully" at her still very much young age. Now, if they had him at sixty and they died at eighty, I could see it, but then you're getting ridiculous. A couple in good health and with enough money to take care of their children as well as themselves would not die in their fifties "peacefully" as if they were some old decrepit ninety somethings))"

((Read and re-read it.))

((If you'd like to talk about RPs or the Rules of RPs, use the RP Chat thread and Rules thread on the main RP forum, not the RP itself. Anymore posts like this will me moved or deleted. This time they were deleted.))

Edited by Teto (see edit history)

Posted

Mugo heard Natu's plea and began to feel helpless as he watched him there looking exhausted and in pain. The salve would have most likely lessened the horrid burn to the leg, but he couldn't have been feeling very comfortable with the other lesser burns which hadn't been numbed. He waited until the Sheikah and Bulbins began to travel down into the passage first before he took his own way down with Natu into the dark, cool passage. He murmured close to the other man's ear, "It won't be long now. I'm sure we'll just have a little further in before we reach the fountain. Just be glad we aren't burning in the sun anymore, friend."

===

A figure leapt from the shadows, grabbing one of the archers and hooking it around it's bony neck with the nook of the figure's elbow and yanking the monster back before it could react properly into the shadows again, a horrible shrieking cry gave way, the silence again. Another figure, though thinner in frame and shorter in stature didn't seem deterred by a monster who had noticed them and was preparing to shoot their way. The archer fired once, and only once, before the arrow whizzed off and clattered against a building when it missed and the figure overcame the archer, come into close quarters, then managing to take the monster into a hip toss to the ground, the bony frame of the monster clattering against the cobble stone as the assailant mounted it instantly as it lay on it's back, then as it tried to turn over and push the figure off, the figure grabbed it's head and pulled back with such force that it broke the head from the exposed bony neck with a sickening crack from such leverage that the mysterious opponent had at their hands. The other figure from the shadows appeared again, dagger glinting as it advanced on the four legged beast with a low growl.

Posted

((Also, Vadarth, I removed your rant about not being allowed to have the light hammer. Sure it's only light, but it puts you at an advantage against anybody with a normal hammer, therefore making you more powerful if you were to weild it. I honestly don't see why people make their character super powerful if you have the control to make them win every battle anyway. If you don't want them to lose a battle, they wont. So why make it so that they can kill anything and everything in sight? It's ridiculous.

Furthermore, Stormsworder is the RP starter, so she sets her own rules for the RP. DOn't walk in here following rules set by somebody else. Check hers over and make sure what you do is in line with both the rules of the individual RP and that of the forum itself. Respect the OP and you'll be fine. Don't, and you're out of the RP.

Got any arguments with this, take them here.

I'll stop interrupting the RP now, carry on.))

Posted

Blaine looked up abruptly, seeing two strangely-clad figures that landed on the grass not far from them. The abominations that had been attacking the three looked back slightly, distracted by the figures that had so easily taken out the archers on the wall.

Danielle rolled over, gripping the hilt of the Champion Blade tightly. While the creature pinning down Liz was momentarily distracted, she scrambled to her feet and plunged the tip of her sword down into its chest, causing it to hiss slightly in surprise. Before it could try to finish off Liz, she pulled the weapon sideways and flung the rather lightweight beast from her friend. It rolled slightly and came up in a crouch, its gaping wound showing light blue flame inside of its body. "Ngh!" She rushed over to Liz, trying to help her to her feet as the creatures now decided to quit playing around, rushing in to attack the three before the newcomers could interrupt them any more.

Posted (edited)

((So...Is my character approved or not?

@Teto: I just wanted a hammer that my character could hold, without my charcter having to be super strong or the hammer be a tiny regular hammer. Not a super strong one or anything like that. Just a light one. But whatever; I'm over it now.))

Reply:((Good to know. And if you wanted him to be able to weild it, you should have made him stong enough, adding details such as an age at which he would have been able to gain sufficient strength to do so and then forming a backstory so that it all makes sense. There's a way around your problems, so just find out how.))

Posted

Laying her sword on the ground quickly, Liz reached up and took Danielle's outstreched hand, cursing her limp arm for lack of use. Getting to her feet again, she bent over and quickly snatched up her sword from the ground, before bringing it up to face her opponents.

The Fire! That's the fire that Danielle had in her when we...She faltered, now knowing what they were up against. Moving to the right, she dodged the skeletal creature that was closest to her and brought down her blade, aiming for the creatures head, only for it to slice into the dead and dry grass.

((Dam. I'm sick again. I was sick only a few weeks ago. -_-.gif

Gerbil, you should know what to post. I have a few blanks every now and again, but I still post something.))

Posted (edited)

(i can't think of anything to post, come on guys think of something)

((D:

i did post something, but appearently Teto deleted it, thinking it was OOC

but then again, Vadarth said it was horrible, so second chance here i come!))

Darren and Gwain just stared at eachother, but then Darren said "Sorry about that, this is my fathers study book, but he passed away, and i am continuing his research...."

(((now i need you to RP, so i can see how your character would act...))

Reply: ((It was a pretty horrible post is why it was deleted. Not like I can't fish it out of the trash acn for you, though.))