The Guardians of Hyrule

737 posts in this topic

Posted

Rurik nearly leapt into the air as he heard this, bringing up his axe quickly, but hesitating as he realized the mysterious figure had known his name. How? His heart pounding in his chest, he thought about that voice that had spoken to him. It sounded so familiar... "Uh... Who... Who're you?" he questioned, still panting a bit as he was struggling to catch his breath and calm his racing heart from being spooked.

------------

Blaine shook his head, trying to think of what to do. Everything was happening so fast, it was messing up his thinking. He needed to just relax and try to think straight. "Mm... Hm... There should be a place somewhere close, I think... but with those things, the place may not be so defensible."

Posted

She stood a little taller, as something more regal than before as she approached him, "I think it is apparent to you who I really am. I will not say here, for we know not who is listening to this very conversation." Her blue eyes glittered jut barely through the fabric covering most of her face as she stared at him as if she were trying to look right into his mind, "Sir Rurik, Where has your brother gone? It is imperative that we find him at once, there is little time left before we can no longer save him from his surely impending doom. The castle is no longer safe, and as you have no doubt taken in, neither is Caste Town."Though there was urgency, she still held a calmness in her words to not ignite the situation or scare him with the unknown.

Posted

( Yeah. :3 Just be careful of shoulder placement and that finger he has pointing upward. It looks a little to fat at the end like it's swollen. While the head is good in proportion with the body, you may want to raise his hairline a bit if his eye is going to be that big, otherwise it looks like he's lacking a forehead. Good job, though. They're looking nice.))

Posted

((OMG! Is that Zelda who is talking to Rurik?! Either that or I'm completly wrong. :)

Why is it that Stormsworder, Pumpkin, Gerbil and myself are the only ones who post now?))

"Danielle, what about you?" Liz asked quickly, her thoughts returning to the previous battle they just had, warning her about still lurking danger. "We must hurry. We cannot dwell here any longer."

((Again, short post. I'm sooooooooo tired, had soccer at school today, tennis training and not to mention the beep test *Shudders*)

Posted

Rurik's jaw dropped slightly, but quickly he recovered and informed the figure of all he knew. "Cale's heading towards the castle... I think he was planning on finding some way to slip in there by himself, but I'm not sure how well that will go... He'll either get killed... or worse, caught by those fiends."

--------------

Danielle just shook her head slightly. "I'm not really sure where would be safe, either... I never really paid attention to the area just outside of the town for any good hiding spots. But right now we're just easy targets unless we at least find some place to take cover. I would say we should hide in a building just inside of the town, but... that's incredibly risky, too."

((I'm not sure about Umbreon, but I think Ryu took a break... no idea where Adn is. Ivo has no internet. Lego just left because he didn't understand what was going on [no real loss there I suppose], Teto just chooses to moderate...))

Posted

"Mmmm... yes, I agree." Liz took a step backwards and turned her head, looking around her. Nothing in her vision caught her attention. "We might need to wander... have a look around. There should be somewhere around here where we can stay." She looked back towards Blaine and Danielle, her eyes narrowed very slightly.

Posted

(( I just don't know how to go about the cave of ordeals since Umbreon and Ivo are both on hiatus and I thought they would run into the fairy at the first fountain as they came in... But people wanted to go through the levels..

EDIT: Okay, to make things simpler for everyone (meaning myself, since I was asked nicely to take care of multiple characters at a time) I'm going to lump the encounter together and get us moving out of the desert so everyone in this part doesn't feel so stuck.))

To sum it all together, Mera and the bulbins lead Mugo and Natu down the long winding corridors, killing off small enemies on the way until they reached the magnificent great faerie in her fountain. Mera and Mugo pleaded with her for help, and feeling pity for the unconscious severely burnt man, she mended his wounds. Not only that, but she healed the wound completely and gave Natu back the gift of walking. For this gift, she asked nothing in return of them and bid them farewell once they all had rested for a short time in the coolness of her chamber just before the first door. The party had done what they had come for and got a much better outcome than they had thought they would end with and left the cave of ordeals in a much better mood. Though, there was still a far more pressing feeling that they were in far more danger than a badly wounded and possibly infected leg as before. Something larger and far more deadly sat on that horizon, mocking them in their hearts as they looked upon it.

------

The young woman followed him as they started to move, whispering to him along the way, "I have another working with me. She'll no doubt try and intercept him before he reaches the inside. Lets only hope that things do not grow hostile between them when she stops him."

Posted

"I dunno... he's pretty jumpy right now, but I don't blame him... everything has just spiraled out of control for us it seems..." Rurik murmured, heading towards the exit of castle town by the same path he took to enter.

---------------

"I'm just worried about straying too far from the exit in case the others come out..." Blaine frowned, folding his arms and looking around.

---------------

Azathoth stared down at the defeated royal knight who he had caught trying to sneak into the castle, smirking behind his helmet as he recognized the young man from the Arbiter's Grounds. "You... Ah yes, the young whelp from the ruins. You put up quite a fight this time..."

Cale scowled, unable to believe his bad luck that he had been spotted by this creep of all things. "Shut up, you monst--" He was cut off as Azathoth's gauntleted hand wrapped around his throat, the figure lifting him into the air with ease.

"Monster? You Hylians... are the monsters, the abominations to this land." He tightened his grip, Cale struggling against him. "Tell me, where is Princess Zelda?"

"Ah... tch..." Cale scowled, still gasping for air.

Posted

In a low voice, Azathoth was given an answer from the shadows before a flashing, flaming light streamed for his face, crackling energetically and screaming as it zipped around him and threatened to hit him, "That information does not belong with you, traitorous lecher." As the powerful figure was distracted for a very short amount of time, Juna leapt from the shadows for Cale and grabbed a hold of him where she could, tugging him back with all she had before he could pull back and protest this escape plan. "Come now!"

Posted

"Boy, time flies when you're in a coma." Natu observed as the group left the cave. "So...where exactly are we going?" he said as if nothing had happened. He took his sword off of the horse's saddle and noticed that it was still pitch black and covered in soot. He wiped it off on his tunic and strapped it to his waist. He felt much more comffortable with it than without.

((Please note that Natu's personality unintentionaly changes with my mood. I just can't be mideval sometimes. ^^' ))

Posted

"Yes... I am too. But we made a deal. It would be wrong to break it." Liz took a step forward, squinting and trying to look for a small cave or dwelling. "Time is short, we must leave."

Posted

Azathoth scowled, losing his hold on Cale as the light blinded him, the beast swatting at it before glaring straight ahead. Cale was already gone, taken by that figure. "Grr... Foolish mortal. Your time will come soon enough..."

-----------

Cale didn't really have the strength to protest much as he was dragged through the streets by his mysterious savior, gasping for air and rubbing his neck, wincing in pain. "What... who..."

-----------

Blaine sighed, rubbing his eyes slightly. "Yes, I guess you're right, let's--"

"Blaine!!" Rurik's voice suddenly called out, startling the young strategist. Rurik was running out of the town now, panting slightly, being followed by the strangely clad figure that had found him. "You guys okay?"

"More or less... you don't look too good yourself, though."

"Yeah, well... I had a bit of a rough time in there. Our rescuer here says someone's already going to find Cale."

Danielle turned her head slightly, looking at the figure that had helped to wipe out the attacking force of monsters earlier. Just who was this person? Apparently the two figures could be trusted, seeing as how one of them had gotten Rurik out safely. "Mm..." Still feeling exhausted, the youth exhaled heavily and looked to the distance.

Posted

As the woman pulled him down the street by the arm she spoke very briefly about where they were going before they could see the gates of the city not too far ahead of them, "The princess is safe. That is all I will say for now on this accursed ground. Follow me and we'll meet with your companions soon enough." she breathed this last part as she attempted to sprint, knowing it wouldn't be long before they had a trail of enemies running behind them and aiming from tall towers. Juna couldn't take all of them on by herself, and Cale most likely didn't want to face another beast when he knew there was safety outside of those walls.

------

"They shouldn't be long." the young woman mentioned, glancing over her shoulder at the gates.

------

Mugo seemed taken aback by Natu's sudden change of character, but tried to ignore it as euphoria for having his leg and life handed back to him by the grace of one of the most powerful faeries in Hyrule. "Well, the next stop would be to go back home and gather what we can, but something tells me we won't be able to make it that far without another creature coming after us along the way." His grayish blue eyes squinted across the bright burning sands, shielding those weak eyes with a rough hand from the blazing sun above as he tried to see what landmarks they could find to see how far they were from the exiting path. "Well, Mera?"

Posted

Cale had managed to catch his breath by now, breaking into a sprint after her, although he was nowhere near as fast. As he heard a strange animal cry rise into the air, he knew that their time was running out.

--------

Danielle shuddered as she heard that strange cry from within the town, hunching over slightly as she grasped the mark on her forehead that was hidden beneath bandages. Her head was pounding in pain right now, that odd cry seeming several times louder as it echoed in her head. "Ngh..."

Posted

Juna glanced back at Cale, slowed only enough to grab hold of him roughly, and proceeded to sprint again with him tagging behind her until they made it to the gates and nearly skidded to a halt nearly trampling the carcasses of the enemy that lay strewn over the entry. "We have no time to lose, not a second." the Sheikah turned her head and spotted the group not far off, rushing over toward them and stopping for only a small while. "We need to get out of here. Now. I know a place to take the wounded, but you'll need to trust my judgement." Without another word, she pulled her mask from her face, revealing tan skin, red eyes and stark white hair. The other woman did not desire reveal herself so soon and so close to enemy territory, which in itself showed who she was to the quicker people surrounding her.