The Guardians of Hyrule

737 posts in this topic

Posted

Through the corner of her vision, Liz saw Danielle hunch over slightly. "Danielle?!" She turned her head quickly, looking at the youth with concerned Emerald eyes, before hurrying over to her. "What's wrong..." Her gaze followed the hand pressed against Danielle's forehead, finally settling over the mark on her temple.

Posted

Cale paused, his eyes flickering to the rest of them. They were all exhausted and tired, and they need to rest. He had no idea where they could go right now, but if their rescuer did... They had no other choice but to go with this mysterious pair. "Yes, alright... Lead the way then. Rurik, Blaine, we'll focus on protecting Danielle and Elizabeth."

"My... my head... it hurts... so much..." she hissed slightly.

Posted

Reaching forward, Liz gently removed Danielle's hand from her temple. "On the mark, you mean?" She frowned slightly. Why would it hurt so long after their encounter with Azathoth.

"Blaine, Rurik. Let us leave... now! Before anyone else comes."

Posted

((Okey, now I'm back for real this time. Read everything that transpiered in my absence. At last we're getting out of that desert! Gotta love Pumpkin's ingenuity!))

((Having looked over all of these character submissions..... I'm glad I just used an offical character!^^ So anyway, I'll wait to see what the others do before posting IC. I need to get back into the swing of things.))

Posted

Juna nodded and looked to her silent companion before she turned to the guards, "Neither I nor my companion have a horse to ride, and going back into the city would be a mistake at this point. We'll need to double up of we want to move quickly." The Sheikah woman looked between the guards and waited for a response, once one was given, Juna and the other woman saddled up with willing knights. Juna began to direct the knight she sat with, having him lead the way out of the field and toward the canyon passes.

Posted

Cale had Juna behind him, while Blaine sat with the silent figure. Rurik had helped Elizabeth and Danielle onto their steed before climbing onto his own, following after his older brother while Cale followed Juna's instructions.

I can't believe we're fleeing the castle, our home... I hate this, not being able to do anything... Cale thought, a scowl on his face as he gripped the reins tight. He urged his horse on, sending the tired steed in a gallop across the fields with the others close behind his.

Posted

Elizabeth's arm which gripped Danielle, who sat in front of her, shifted slightly around as she turned around, watching silently as Hyrule Castle sped away from her. Her home for her whole life, yet they were fleeing it. Odd, how we come back and think we will be able to rest, only to flee again, this time from our homes. Her thoughts darkened as she remembered that they had no found Zelda.

She sped her steed up quickly, hurring to Cale's side. "Cale, where is the Princess? I thought that you might have found her." Despite her age, Liz sometimes still acted immature and too expectant.

((Sorry. I was bearly on this week coz' it's the last week of term 3 (2 days 'till the end of term *runs in circles due to happiness*). I'll be on more during the holidays... I think. smile.gif ))

Posted

Cale's eyes flickered slightly as he glanced over at Liz, a grim look on his face. "She's safe, don't worry... But right now, it's not safe to talk about it, not until we get to safety..."

Danielle frowned slightly as she looked at the royal knight. He was hiding something, she knew it... Did he know where the princess was? Did something happen to her? "Mm..." She shut her eyes tightly, still holding a hand over her temple.

Posted

Liz's eyes narrowed as she looked at Cale. He's hiding something. That is for sure. But what he's hiding, I do not know. She closed her eyes. I only hope he is saying the truth.

Posted

((I love having a player's guide with the un-mirrored Hyrule maps in them :D))

Passing over the bridge north of castle town, they continued on towards the pass into Eldin Province. Cale still wasn't sure as to where they were being led by Juna until he noticed a small cave in the face of the cliff. Hm? Is there a safe place beyond there for us, then? I don't even know myself what is back there...

Danielle let out a heavy sigh, feeling completely drained and exhausted. She just hoped that they could finally rest for a bit instead of constantly being on the run...

Posted

Mera led her troops out of the desert. Contemplating their next move as she knew they could not simply return to the castle. "Well." she said turning to the others, "Were do you think we should head."

Posted

Mugo was just about as lost as the Sheikah in that respect, not having any idea of where they should go aside from Kakariko Village or Lake Hylia, but those were most likely completely over run if the Castle was already taken. He could feel his chest tighten before he opened his mouth, "I put my trust in you to pick. My way will most likely lead us into more danger if the spirit's tale holds true." He sighed and tried to ignore the sweat beading on his brow, wishing for a breeze to cool him while they waited for the verdict.

'Will my parents be alright? Is it too late to try and save them from the village?'

=====

Juna motioned for him and the others through the pass, luckily a few years back it was cleared of the Bulbins that inhabited it and was simply known as a city for stray cats from that point forward. Only a very few people knew of this old village, one on the back of Cale's horse, the others very few and far between, scattered across the land in secrecy. One, fate would have it, was the hero of time. As they moved through the cool cave and into the small city, Juna gave a warning, "Be careful, there are barrels of explosives set in places. I wouldn't recommend lighting any fires unless you talk to me first or know your explosives." Something about how she spoke told the others that she wasn't joking in the slightest, and sure enough as they came in, they passed a barrel marked with a warning on the side.

"You can check the buildings for jars of preserves that may be left intact, but I wouldn't do it alone. The Bulbins are gone, but there are still scorpions and snakes."

Posted

(Mera's a Sheikah..... would she know of the Hidden Village/Old Kakariko? Why don't we go there?)

King Bulbin let out a slight groan, urging Lord Bulbo to go faster.

"If I might be so bold as to make a suggestion...", he drawled. "There is a well hidden village some where east of Hyrule Town that my forces occupied for a breif time, durring Zant's invation. I didn't see much of it myself, but it's totally surrounded by high rock walls. The entrance is difficult to find."

"However," he said uneasily,"It's about close enough that what ever enemy that may have reached Kakariko could have found it, as we did."

The king looked up to the mountains in the distance.

"It's also a long journey. We could be overcome before we even get there..."

He looked at the others of Mera's party, wondering if mentioning the place would only get them in more danger than they had already encountered.

Posted

"Scorpions and snakes, huh? Well, it could be worse I suppose." Pulling up his horse near the back of the town where the more intact buildings remained, Cale dismounted his steed and looked around, frowning. "But other than that, there aren't many supplies around here?" he questioned. "We'll be hard-pressed if we barely have anything..."

Blaine had come over to help both Elizabeth and Danielle off their horse, the young man handling them both gently as he set them down, patting the side of the horse's neck. "How are the two of you holding up?" he asked quietly.

"Could be better," Danielle murmured, still not feeling too well. She felt like she could sleep for days, even though they didn't quite have that luxury.

Posted

"The preserves -if the Bulbins didn't find or brake them during their short stay- should be enough for a couple days until we pull together another plan of action and let the girls rest a bit." She moved toward the other woman who had yet to reveal her identity and rested a hand on the other woman's shoulder. "Whenever you're ready, I think it will be safe to show yourself here." She murmured, taking a quick glance over the others. The smaller woman nodded her head and spoke again.

"Yes, I think now is best to cease any worry they may have." She pulled the mask from her face and let her hair fall down her back in a long braid, her blue eyes taking in the people who now stared back at her. "The princess is safe." she spoke softly, looking up at the guards with a small smile, then down at her cousin and Danielle. "I hope I didn't worry you too much?"