The Guardians of Hyrule

737 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

"Look at them all --" Ashei could only barely contain her disgust. In the faded sty, long overcome by gravity's push, busied the refugees of Castle Town. There were no victims here. Brothers chased hens, and sisters chased their brothers, while fathers hammered and sawed at the ramshackle places. Row laid on row took their rations, divided by the grociers, and others milked cows. Whispers shared by grandmothers over the well spread like the tendrils of a grapevine. "I'd rather not." Taras walked cross armed, with his eyes shut. He knew what she didn't see. "they're such fools!" She finished her thought, as is expected of a classically educated Knight such as she. "Why are they just behaving... normal?"

"What is normal, Ashei? You look, and you see smiles; you hear the laughter. Coercion. I feel their hearts, and I feel their terror. It is only appropriate they wear their war masks now."

"Come again?"

"We cope in different ways. We paint our 'war masks' for spiritual battle." A chattering crone brushed by, and a toddler cried. "These blissful visvages, in the midst of death, are potent buffers against the spiritual tide. Call it foolishness, but it rallies hope."

"It's foolishness. Hope is foolishness, yeah?"

"I don't know."

"Well, its here. This is the place Renado told me to look for ..."

From the tavern's rickety balcony, a bard pantomimed to the laughter below, as if hoisted by their emotions. The grim nomads entered, and Ashei's eyes turned to her comrades. They glowed, just a bit.

"Hello everyone, I'd like you to meet the Captain."

((It happens when I don't use the full editor sometimes))

((They're in the hidden village. I thought that was the meeting place now. This is after she spent a year tracking down and training Taras. Ashei's introducing him to her friends she hasn't seen since Castle Town's destruction. In fact, being in Snowpeak, neither of them knew it was attacked. The refugees who did come here are going about making the place hospitable and occupying themselves so as not to be a burden. It's not so good, I know. I should have focused more on the location, than on the peripheral people. I'll describe it better next time.))

Edited by The Beguiling Bard (see edit history)

Posted

(( I think... I'm confused as to where they are... Um... not everyone is in the hidden village. It's only Zelda, Juna, Cale, Rurik, Blaine, Danielle, and Elizabeth. NO ONE else from castle town is there. In fact, Telma's not even thee yet... she's riding in her wagon still with Shad, Ashei, and Taras))

Posted

The morning sun burned so bright, could it have been responsible for these fires? No, the sun had it's allabi. Fields undertoe were suddenly wash with green, and lillies woke with effervescence. What only a few minutes ago seemed ash, now gave the world life. Such terror as they fled was nothing to the earth. Dust swirled over the road, and limbs leapt from their trees. The wind beat the taught canvas, like the skin of a drum on the wagon's frame. Shad taped her shoulder, and Ashei turned from the port hole to see Telma pointing to the east. They all saw the battered funel of smoke. If the village was burning, and the Gorons beaten, what did they escape for? Their faces sank low in the weight of so much anguish. As the wagon began rolling again, her coarse, wood seat jostled. The road was unsteady, and where could it possibly lead them?

Posted

((Ok, I got Internet back. [i didn't have connection for a few weeks :(. ] i mighten be on very often, coz' I've got dial up now instead of Braodband, but I'll try to come online whenever possible.

Stormsworder, can you upload the next post for the Role play? Right now I'm completely lost with the RP, and don't know what to say. :/ ))

Posted

((Well, my latest post is directly before yours, her latest is post 705. We're on our way to the hidden village.))

Posted

((Hopefully I'll get up a post either this weekend or sometime next week. I have quite a few essays due in classes and such. >< this trimester has been a serious pain in the rear. But I'm not dead yet, and neither is this! ...although, where's Pumpkin and Ivo?

Posted

((But I'm not dead yet, and neither is this! ...although, where's Pumpkin and Ivo?

((Hmmm... I haven't seen Pumpkin or Ivo for a while, actually. Their most likely busy... with something. At least you're back, Stormsworder. Did you have fun in Greece? smile.gif ))

Posted

((yeah, Greece was amazing. Okay, I need the people who are interested in this kicking back off to lemme know of their interest... I will meanwhile try to prod Pumpkin to get her back on here, same for Ivo... If I only knew where exactly Ivo was, I'd stop by his place on my way home from college and tell him... XD))

Posted

((Ok, just so you know... Oh oh, I'm still interested!!!

... Ummm, Ok-ay))

Posted

((I am back! Internet finally working! Personal business all smoothed out! I can at last return to the forum!))

((So.... What are we doing now? Still escaping Hyrule Town?))

Posted

((Excellent!! Another one back on. :) [i had internet problems too, so no worries ;) ]

Ummm... I actually can't remember where we are in the RP :/. I think a certain group is in this old Sheikah place thingie: my char, Stormsworder's char, and Pumpkin's char... I think.))

Posted

Last contribution to storyline was on the 22nd of October. This was going well guys, don't let it die.

Posted (edited)

Oh man, I'll have to be reading the hell outta this one if I want to join in.

Which, if I can't because it's already been going for awhile, that's understandable and I won't have any problem with that. I really want a great Zelda RP right now, though, and this one seems perfect. I've only read the first page, but I'll get to reading the rest of them.

Plus, from Teto's post, it looks like a new guy jumping in would be great to increase activity and story progression.

So, if I can join in, great. If I can't, oh well. I'll read all of the pages before making my character, so that he can fit into the story.

Btw, Stormsworder, I remember reading one of your fanfics that had Danielle in it, and judging from the first page of this RP and what I read of that fanfic, it'll be worth reading the 36 pages to catch up.

EDIT:

I'm currently on page 27. I have to pack, though, and get ready to go to my grandfather's, so I can't read that much more within the next 30 minutes. I don't want anyone to try and summarize if for me anymore, I'll just bite the bullet and keep reading.

Edited by Jo-Bengt (see edit history)

Posted

Last contribution to storyline was on the 22nd of October. This was going well guys, don't let it die.

((Yeah, I agree with you, Teto. I just don't know how to get this RP going again. :/ ))

Posted

((I'm pretty sure that after I make my first post to tie into the story, people will have something new to interact with and'll come back. I hope Stormsworder sees it and comes back, though, she's the leader of it, after all))

((I haven't read any further, though, I got over to my Grandfather's last night and just didn't want to read any further... I might read some here in a few minutes, though))