Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BioShock designer lost girlfriend to Zelda

18 posts in this topic

Posted

[i]BioShock[/i] designer Ken Levine stated that his love for a certain [i]Legend of Zelda[/i] was so strong, he lost his first girlfriend because of it.

------

“After I graduated from college, I moved to an apartment [in] San Francisco with my first super-serious girlfriend,” revealed Levine. “She was a couple of years younger than me, so at the end of the summer, she was set to go back to school."

"In our last day together in San Francisco, I for some reason picked up [i]The Legend of Zelda[/i],” Levine recalled. “As she stood by waiting for some romantic gesture to happen on our last day living together, she was instead treated to watching me obsessively plow through Hyrule for around 15 hours. By the time the cab showed up to take her to the airport, I realized if I had any hope of keeping her as my girlfriend, it was time to shut off the NES.”

Apparently, Zelda proved to be the much more attractive woman in the love triangle.

Posted

Haha, cool. As long as he doesn't regret it everything's ok!

Posted

I would've totally been hanging out with her if it were me in his position. The game can't break up with you, and the game'll always be there to play at any time. The girl [i]won't[/i] always be there at anytime and has feelings of her own. He should've thought about that and had his priorities straight.
Seriously, the last day they're living together, and he's on a game. I would've taken her on a date and make it memorable.

Posted

To the guys defence, the chick should realise she is dating a freakin game designer. OK fair enough he went a bit overboard on spending their last hours together. This reminds me of that british survey, where [url="http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/news.phtml/23352/72percent-prefer-gaming-to-girlfriends.phtml"]72% of men prefer gaming to girlfriends[/url].

Posted

[quote name='Jo-Bengt' post='237486' date='Jul 17 2009, 03:05 PM']I would've taken her on a date and make it memorable.[/quote]
I completely agree.

[quote name='ZuZu' post='237513' date='Jul 17 2009, 04:51 PM']To the guys defence, the chick should realise she is dating a freakin game designer. OK fair enough he went a bit overboard on spending their last hours together. This reminds me of that british survey, where [url="http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/news.phtml/23352/72percent-prefer-gaming-to-girlfriends.phtml"]72% of men prefer gaming to girlfriends[/url].[/quote]
LUDACRIS! Im one of the 28% :P

Posted

[quote name='ZuZu' post='237513' date='Jul 17 2009, 06:51 PM']To the guys defence, the chick should realise she is dating a freakin game designer. OK fair enough he went a bit overboard on spending their last hours together. This reminds me of that british survey, where [url="http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/news.phtml/23352/72percent-prefer-gaming-to-girlfriends.phtml"]72% of men prefer gaming to girlfriends[/url].[/quote]

I'm betting he was with this girl before he ever touched BioShock. At the time, she knew she was dating a game freak, not a future game designer :P

Let's hope that's a lesson learned to this guy though... women are of higher priority than pixels and slaying stuff. :P

Posted

[quote name='DorkLink' post='237546' date='Jul 17 2009, 09:08 PM']...women are of higher priority than pixels and slaying stuff. :P[/quote]
BLASPHEMER! DIE! DIE! :chainsaw:

Posted

That's funny. Sad, but funny.

Also, women > games.

Posted

The best solution is playing a two-player game [i]with[/i] your girlfriend.

Posted

...Which doesn't work when you end up trying to teach her how to play the game, and end up telling her to stand over there while you snipe her.

Posted

[quote name='Jo-Bengt' post='237594' date='Jul 17 2009, 09:02 PM']...Which doesn't work when you end up trying to teach her how to play the game, and end up telling her to stand over there while you snipe her.[/quote]
But that's the best part! :o

Posted

[quote name='Aethix' post='237564' date='Jul 18 2009, 11:39 AM']The best solution is playing a two-player game [i]with[/i] your girlfriend.[/quote]

Yeah, its called sex.

Posted

[quote name='Aethix' post='237564' date='Jul 18 2009, 03:39 AM']The best solution is playing a two-player game [i]with[/i] your girlfriend.[/quote]

I gave up on that... Besides there are more fun things to do with my girlfriend in my room ^^

Posted

[quote name='Aethix' post='237555' date='Jul 18 2009, 02:13 AM']BLASPHEMER! DIE! DIE! :chainsaw:[/quote]

:applause: What he said! GAMES TAKE PRIORITY OVER SUCH WASTES OF FLESH! :evil:

Posted

lol if she doesnt like zelda she aint' the girl for me :tongue: