Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Solanum

2 posts in this topic

Posted

The disease was first recorded by Jan Vanderhaven while traveling through South America. He describes those infected with the disease as bearing festering sores, mottled skin, and decomposing flesh. He said victims show no rational thought or recognition of anything previously familiar to the victim. They neither sleep nor drink water, and reject all food apart from living prey. The infected will attempt to eat all living human prey that it observes. Vanderhaven describes seeing a hospital orderly throw a live rat at an infected individual, who then consumed the rat whole.

Solanum is described as working by traveling through the bloodstream from the point of entry to the brain, where the virus replicates in the cells of the frontal lobe, thus turning the frontal lobe into an entirely new organ that does not need food, water, or even air to survive; it can be described as a completely self-sufficient organism.

Their one and only goal after being infected will be to find and devour other individuals. With the blood to its brain gone the ghoul is basically brain dead, making it rely only on its lowest and most basic needs such as food. The only way to stop this is to destroy the brain or remove the head. Note that if the zombie is decapitated, the head still remains a threat.

The symptoms occur in the following order. The timeline may be several hours off, depending on the number and location of the bites, and the size and resilience of the victim.

Hour 1- Pain and discoloration of the infected area. Immediate clotting of the wound.

Hour 5- Fever between 99

Posted

Yeah, I like yours better. I love WWZ and The zombie survival guide.

I'll make a character later.