Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Soul Survivors

23 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This RP is based on Stephen King's The Stand, and Clive Barkers The Plague.

In the year 2000, a Genetically modified Biological Weapon "Captain Tripps" escaped from a secret laboratory in New Mexico. Although not harmful to adults, anyone under the age of 20 fell victim to it. 'Tripps' caused those infected to slip into Comas. Ten years later the kids woke up, but something was wrong they were different, they should've been weak but they have unusual strength, stamina and a hunger for human flesh. Now we survivors must fight back against a verifiable hell on Earth, and only by hiding do we stand a chance. We can be the Soul Survivors.

Name:

Former Profession:

History:

I'll write after someone joins

------

Character Bio

Name: Connor Parks

Profession: Steel Mill worker

------

Connor looked at his father's portrait on his bedside table. While others of his age range slipped in comas, he was spared. His brother Jeremy wasn't so lucky. Jeremy, meanwhile slept in the same room he had for the past decade. "No matter how long it takes dad, I promise." Connor had told his father on his deathbed. Connor

Sat up in bed and turned on the tv. "It has been nearly ten years since "Captain Tripps" and in that time we are no closer to a cure." A haggard man from the CDC said. Connor switched off the television and went downstairs. "Hello Mr. Parks, good morning." a female voice said. "Oh jeez Carmen you scared me, I wasn't expection you till tomorrow!" Carmen, the visiting nurse nodded. "Yes I have to leave for a while, so I'm visiting my patients early." Connor poured himself a cup of coffee and sat down. "I just saw the news, hard to believe it's really been ten years." he said sipping. "Yeah, they grow up asleep, how does that work?" she said. Connor looked at his watch. "I'm late, if I don't see you have a good trip." Connor said. "Yes thank you." Carmen said.

Connor got home just as the streetlights were coming on. "That's odd!" he said fumbling with the car radio, dead air on all stations. "Connor opened the front door and walked inside, all the lights were out and he stepped cautiously. A strange dripping noise caught hus attebtion, like a wet smack hitting a hard surface. As he walked further in he slipped and narrowly tumbled. He flipped on a lightswitch and found Carmen lying on the floor, a large hole in her head. He turned and found Jeremy sitting awake and alert not far from her. "Jeremy my god!" Connor said rushing over. "Hey buddy it's me Connor." Jeremy looked up and tried to speak. "No don't the doctor said that if you rush speaking after so long your vocal cords will be severly damaged." Connor switched on the TV. "We're still recieving reports from sources but they confirm that the kids are waking up." Connor smiled and looked up. "See dad, I kept my promise."

"Somethings wrong!" a reporter said on tv. "We go to Amanda Parks live at Crestfall Memorial Hospital."

"It's panic here." Amanda said. "For some unknown reason the "Children of Tripps" have begun attacking people, even their own family members." Connor looked at Jeremy who shrugged. A nearby noise caught their attention. "Is anybody here Jeremy?" Connor asked. "Stay here." Connor walked into the kitchen, and flipped on the lights. "Hello." he shouted. "Is that you Roscoe, how'd you get in the closet." He opened the door expecting to see his old Bassethound but instead found a young boy. "Kevin...Kevin Tramwell still hiding in the Closet!" Like his brother Jeremy, Kevin was a Tripps child. Kevin turned, but his face was different from Jeremy's, his eyes were more bloodshot, his face was flush white and dark circles surrounded his eyes, in his hand he held a bloody claw hammer. "Kevin put the hammer down." Connor said. "Kevin stop...Kevin!" Kevin charged knocking into Connor, he was about to bring the hammer crashing down when he was slammed from behind. "Jeremy, what's wrong?" Connor said pushing Kevin's body off him. "TV" Jeremy said whispering.

"please stay tuned for a statement from The President of the United States." a voice said.

"What started as a day of celebration has quickly turned to one of horror, as worldwide the Tripps Children are savagely attacking anyone and everyone, stay inside I repeat stay inside, until an explanation is given I am declaring Martial Law."

Edited by Teto (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Character Bio

Name: John Carter

Former Profession: S.W.A.T.

History: John had been kicked out for making a fatal mistake, resulting in the death of 3 of his friends and 7 civilians. Luckily he had his weapons cabinet unlocked when they attacked him. The twin brothers from across the street, both 24 now. They attacked him at once. The first was shot and kicked backwards down the stairs. The second jumped at John, sending them both crashing onto the floor. John managed to fight his way out from under it and smash it's skull with several hits from a baseball bat.

John then loaded up on guns and ammunition and rushed over to his friend, Connor's house. Using his street bike as it was fastest. He walked in and heard from the television "... I repeat stay inside, until an explanation is given I am declaring Martial Law."

Posted

John walked in and saw Jeremy sitting on the couch. "John wait!" Connor said. "But your brother he's one of them!" Connor shook his head. "I don't think so, we've been watching and he hasn't so much as touched me. I think that whatever spared me the "Tripps" effect has shielded him from this...this madness." John holstered his 9mm Glock. "Alright but if he even flinches in my direction, he dies." Connor nodded.

"We gotta get going." John said. "They told us to stay put." Connor said. "It's pandemonium out there C, I picked up the state police band on my radio and the kids are leaving hospitals all over and are attacking in mass, almost like an army."

"Alright." Connor said. "I just went shopping so pack up as much food as we can, Jeremy and I'll grab some clothes then we'll go to the cabin." "The Cabin, at Ridgeway Lake?" John asked. "Yeah, dad was fixing it up until the cancer..." John tapped Connor on the arm. "You still got those old Squrrel rifles we used to shoot?" John asked. Conner nodded. "Yeah closet off the pantry, watch out for Kevin Tramwell." John looked in the direction of the kitchen. "Kevin Tramwell, that wimpy kid from up the block?" he asked. "He killed Carmen, Jeremy's visiting nurse and attacked me so Jeremy..." "Ahh ok, get going we leave in ten."

"The roads'll be pretty congested, are you sure you don't wanna take my spare bike?" John asked. "I haven't ridden a motorcycle in seven years, besides I've been fixing up dads Cherokie."

Connor, Jeremy and John stepped outside and saw John's motorcycle had become a twisted burning heap of metal. "My bike what the hell." Jeremy pointed towards the barn on the edge of the property. A large group of Tripps Children of varying ages holding knives, hammers and other assorted blunt objects converged on them. "Where's the Jeep?" John asked. "The Garage." Connor said. "Getit ready, I'll hold em off." Connor and Jeremy ran to the Garage as John raised his SWAT issue M-16.

*Ratt tatt tatt* Jeremy cupped his ears as the weapons loud recoil echoed through the narrow garage. Connor floored the pedal not even bothering to open the door. "Get in!" Connor shouted to John. John tossed his belongings into the back and jumped in, firing a few more rounds in the process. "You shot Rebecca Morrow!" Connor said recognising one of the mob. "I always hated that doggiepoo, it must've been fate!" John said grinning.

Posted (edited)

Character Bio

Name: Scarecrow

Former Profession: USMC Recon

History: Captain of a Recon team, he used to be a pilot but was captured by enemies and tortured, details unknown. Apparently, that's where he got the call-sign Scarecrow. He took every course he could and became one of the best soldiers in the world. He was ordered to take his team out and gather information at the secret base in New Mexico run by DARPA. He was one of the few that survived the onslaught that ensued...

Posted (edited)

John looked around alert, the area was dead and completly devoid of life. "Alright, I've seen some strange things but this is creepy!" he said switching the safety on. "Do you think they're in their homes like the Government ordered?" Connor asked. Jeremy tapped his brothers arm. "What's wrong bro?" Connor asked. Jeremy pointed to the road ahead, a large stack of bodies, savagely beaten and dismembered splayed out before them a deep puddle of crimson radiating out from it.

"Drive, drive, drive." John said in a hushed voice. "Connor drive this piece of crap!" He added knocking Connor out of his temporory state of shock. "Oh my god!" John said shocked. "What, what's wrong?" Connor asked. "Get out of here NOW!" he said. Connor turned his head slightly and saw what his friend had seen, a huge mob of prepubescent maniacs carrying all manner of bloody blunt objects.

------

"Tell me you have bullets?" Connor asked. "Are you kidding, I have more bullets than Oprah has pimples on her ass!" Connor looked in his rearview mirror confused. "Is that alot?" He added. "Yeah it's alot!" John took aim and fired. "Try not to kill every single one of em!" Connor said. "Hey it's either them or us!" John said smiling. "Are you enjoying this?" Connor asked. "What no, no, no I'm not a monster." John said. "You do realise you just said no three times." Connor said. "Yes I do." John said

Posted

In a jeep, on our way to Ridgeway Lake, where we have a cabin.

"They're catching up!" John shouted, aiming for their legs instead. The closest to the jeep jumped, Connor swerved, and it landed amongst the dead bodies. "Hurry!" John yelled, panic in his voice. One latched on to the back and started climbing up, John kicked it in the face, dislodging it and tripping a few of the others.

They mobbed over a few more dead bodies, then when they hit the smooth asphault again Connor floored it, taking them far away from the freaks. It took a while before anyone spoke.

"That was the most terrifying experience I've eve- will ever, have." John said, his voice shaking. Connor just nodded.

"It should only take a few hours to get to the cabin, hopfully we have enough gas."

Posted

Connor sighed, it had been hours since they had left and Ridgeway Lake was a mile away. After leaving the city behind they had not had much trouble with the Tripps kids. In the back Jeremy and John were sleeping, his eyes feeling heavy Connor downed a Red Bull. "Almost there." he said to himself.

As they drove onward the streetlights shut down blanketing the land in darkness. Connor switched on the radio, as he scanned the dial all he heard wad static until... "This is the Emergency Broadcast system, Please stay tuned for an announcement." It kept on repeating with no announce,ent. Connor turned his attention to the road just in time to see someone stumble out into the road. "Jesus Christ!" Connor shouted swerving out of the way. "What happened?" John asked jolting awake. "Somebody jumped out in front of us." he anawered. John pulled out his glock and jumped out.

He found the guy a few feet away, his camouflage pants and green shirt were stained with blood as was his face and hands, he had bruses and shallow cuts all over his body. "He's alive!" John shouted. "Get my medical kit!" Jeremy grabbed the kit and ran over. John grabbed a small white ampule and cracked it releasing a foul smelling musk. "Smelling salts." John said. The man opened his eyes andshook hus head, He looked at Jeremy and started to struggle. "Hey calm down, he's alright." John said. "What's your name?" he said. "Scare...crow." the guy said weakly. "Scarecrow can you move?" John asked. Scarecrow nodded then stood up. "Come on get in the Jeep." John said. "That's Connor and you've already met his brother Jeremy, sit tight were gonna be fine." Scarecrow nodded as he closed his eyes. "He's out again." John said. "Maybe we should let him sleep, we're almost to the cabin." John said.

Posted

A few minutes later the silhouette of the cabin came into view. John and Conner carried Scarecrow inside and then went back out to get their stuff. After the had everything inside they started to explore. Connor's dad hadn't made as much progress as they would have liked, there was a hole in the bathroom roof, and the cellar hadn't been cleaned out at all. Everything inside was covered in a thick layer of dust. Besides that everything seemed to be okay. There was a battery radio and portable TV, which would be excellent for news. If there was any.

"Hey Connor, I just thought of something." John said.

"Yeah?"

"We should call 'em Trippies. Easier."

"Maybe we should not talk about this for a while and get some sleep?" Connor suggested.

"Scarecrow though, he could use some bandaging."

"Almost forgot about him!" Connor said, slapping himself in the forehead. They went into the room wheret hey had left him and found him sitting up, looking out the window.

"Oh my god, they followed you?!" John shouted, running to the window.

"Shhh!" Scarecrow urged.

"There's only two... Maybe they'll leave..." There was a thud against the door, then another one, much stronger.

"They smell his blood!" Connor said, grabbing John's M-16 just in time as they smashed through the door.

Posted (edited)

"Shoot in the head!" Scarecrow whipped his Desert Eagle out and fired three quick shots into the first head that appeared. As Connor grabbed the M-16 Scarecrow shouted over the noise, "Don't let them inside, they'll overwhelm us. Suppressing fire!"

"Dammit John, get back from there!" Shouted Connor as he fired into the mass of bodies trying to rush in. John ran back from the window and hid behind the table that Scarecrow and Connor were using as a barricade.

"Here, you have this," Scarecrow handed John the Desert Eagle and grabbed his M4 carbine from the packs in the corner, loading it while Connor and John gave him cover. He started firing into the mass, cutting right through some of them. Within a few minutes of alternating fire all of the Children had been killed and they stopped shooting.

"Believe me when I say this, we were lucky. We may not be not be as lucky next time. One of us will be always be up, it's 2100 now and we are leaving at 0600, so get some sleep. I'll wake you up John, at 2400." With that, he walked outside.

Edited by Ammonsa (see edit history)

Posted

Connor looked out the boarded up window, the bodies sat clumped together torn apart from the semi-auto fire. "That one must be no more than eight years old!" he said to himself. His mind drifted back in time. Watching news stories of kids being born comatose, how could they be walking around killing if they never lived what force could be behind this.

"The end times have come unto us!" a deep voice announced. Connor turned around and saw Jeremy watching the tv. "It's working." he said. "Yeah I see that. John, Scarecrow tv's working." The man on the set was wearing a suit and had a bible in his hand. "It has come to pass." he said. "Suffer the little children for they bring destruction and death." He tossed the bible to the floor. "You kill babies and allow faggots to get married, this is gods judgement for the four horseman now ride!" Connor sighed as he switched off the set. "That's all we need, religious zelots on the television!" "What if he's right?" Scarecrow asked. "What, you can't be serious?" John asked. "It seems reasonable enough." Scarecrow added. "No, people like that have cried Armadeddon for centuries first with war and disasters and then with disease like Polio and Flu, and each time the world didn't end." Connor said. "Yeah this is a manmade problem, a manmade solution will be found." John said. "It's getting light out maybe we should get going." John said. "Yeah but where?" Scarecrow asked. "I was thinking about that, here." Connor said plopping a book in front of them. "Blackrock Hotel, are you kidding?" Scarecrow asked. "It s a seasonal place, it's closed in the summer and should be pretty deserted now." Connor said. "That actually sounds like a good plan." John said. "It does look plenty secluded." Crow said "Easily defendable too." He added.

Posted (edited)

"We won't be able to stay here much longer, maybe until late afternoon, but after that they'll be all over us." Scarecrow said.

"Yeah, thanks to you." Connor said. "They tracked your blood scent here, not none of us are safe."

"So, where is this hotel exactly?" Asked John.

Posted

"It's a few miles away up the mountains, but that's not the worse part." Connor said. "What is?"" John asked. "The Jeep's dry so we're gonna have to walk it." Conner said. "But Crow is still beat up." "I can make it!" Crow said. "Good cause we leave soon." Conner said.

Posted

"Think Jeremy can make it?" John asked, a few hours later when they were ready to go.

"He'll be fine..." Connor said.

"Approximately how many miles?" John asked.

"Five or six. Should only be a couple hours." Connor said, grabbing his pack up and putting it on.

John had his own Desert Eagle in his hand, his M-16 on his back. Both were loaded and ready in case of attack. His pack was light, mainly filled with food and ammunition. Scarecrow and Jeremy were standing next to them.

"You ready?" Connor asked. They all nodded. With a sigh, they all started up the mountain, going as quickly as possible without wearing themselves out too quickly.

Posted (edited)

Character Bio

Name: Adam Carter

Former Profession: Bio-chemist

Shortly after obtaining his doctorate, Carter was recruited by the government to work on the top-secret Tripps Project. Though his involvement had been low-level, he resigned from his post out of guilt after the breach, and spent the next ten years living in a secluded laboratory in New Mexico to try to find a cure.

Dr. Carter looked in horror as the TV broadcast was cut. He never imagined this could happen. Fortunately, he was isolated enough--the nearest hospital was two miles away--that he wouldn't have to worry about the infected children for a while. Still, it was a horror to see. Tripps isn't finished with us. He had to find a way to put an end to the infected, even if it meant killing them. He walked to a large shelf of files, which contained formulas for his previous attempts to cure Tripps. He remembered one serum in particular, which reacted violently with Tripps, and would almost certainly kill any infected individual injected with it. If he could replicate the formula, he would obtain a slight advantage against the marauding zombies. Praying it wasn't too late, Carter set to work.

Posted (edited)

Character Bio

Name: Louise "Lou" Jennings

Profession: Caretaker

Louise wanted to be an Elementary School teacher, that dream died when Tripps closed all the schools. Her father was the caretaker of Blackrock Hotel a ski resort that closed in the summer. When he died she took over his job.

------

Connor took a sip of his water, his hands were numb and his face was bright red. "it's gotta be 100 degrees!" he said panting. "You think this is hot Somalia in the summer, now that's hot especially when you're lugging around a hundred pounds of gear!" Crow said smirking.

"Connor!" Jeremy said. "Hey he speaks!" John said. "Yeah what's up Bro?" Connor asked. "Blackrock!?" Jeremy asked pointing. "Oh thank god, my heads on fire!" John said. "We should make it by nightfall." Crow said.

As the sun vanished behind the ridge the hotel became bathed in an orange glow. "Hey I think someones there." John said. "What?" Crow said. "Yeah I thought I saw a shadow." John added. "Probably, a place like this would have a caretaker." Connor said. "Yeah Probably some wrinkly old loner who hasn't taken a bath on months!" Crow chuckled.

As they treked up to the Hotel's massive doors John and Crow sunk into two large deck chairs while Connor and Jeremy knocked on the door. "Who is it?" a low gruff coiced asked. "Hi my names Connor can we talk to you." After a few moments of silence they got a reply. "Hotels closed, come back this winter." he said. "Ars you kidding?" Crow asked. "Haven't you seen whats happening out there?" Connor asked. "TV's busted." he said. "Please sir.." Connor said. "Names Lou!" "Listen Lou, it's panic out there the Tripps Children have woken up and for some reason their killing everyone!" The door opened revealing "Lou" as a petite brunet with shoulder length brown hair wearing a red flannel shirt and overalls. "Really?" she asked." "Yes may we please come in?" Connor asked. "Yeah but you tell me everything, got it!" she ordered to which Connor nodded.