Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you could have any Zelda Item, What would it be?

77 posts in this topic

Posted

All right, imagine there's some guy you really don't like. Grab a hyoi pear and SPLAT! He is now covered in goopy green seagull poo.

Posted

^That's a somewhat good idea actually.

Posted

Too bad it's not mentioned in the poll (or I could've missed it really), but I'd love to have the Pegasus Boots. You could make the Olympics and set world records and make millions in endorcements and races! Throw in the Roc's Feather and you got an athlete that can clear the length of a football field in the long jump event :P

Posted

[quote name='Aethix' post='239294' date='Jul 24 2009, 03:09 AM']All right, imagine there's some guy you really don't like. Grab a hyoi pear and SPLAT! He is now covered in goopy green seagull poo.[/quote]

Or slash him with the Master Sword ^^

And then run from the cops with your Pegasus Boots...

Posted

I chose The Ocarina of Time. c: I've always wanted the Ocarina, it's my favorite instrument. Plus it has Time Travel! I'm clever enough to know how to avoid undesired effects because of time travel. Paradoxes, changing history. Of course, every second is history, so I will have to be careful.

Even the slightest disruption in time could arouse the summoning of The Reapers.

Posted

[quote name='Vio Milanor' post='239390' date='Jul 24 2009, 06:29 AM']I chose The Ocarina of Time. c: I've always wanted the Ocarina, it's my favorite instrument. Plus it has Time Travel! I'm clever enough to know how to avoid undesired effects because of time travel. Paradoxes, changing history. Of course, every second is history, so I will have to be careful.

Even the slightest disruption in time could arouse the summoning of The Reapers.[/quote]

I actually have an Ocarina Instrument. It cost me $20.00 from my local music store and is really cool, sure its not enchanted but its close enough!

Posted

[quote name='Vio Milanor' post='239390' date='Jul 24 2009, 04:29 AM']I chose The Ocarina of Time. c: I've always wanted the Ocarina, it's my favorite instrument. Plus it has Time Travel! I'm clever enough to know how to avoid undesired effects because of time travel. Paradoxes, changing history. Of course, every second is history, so I will have to be careful.

Even the slightest disruption in time could arouse the summoning of The Reapers.[/quote]
Simply being seen can cause massive time paradoxes. Someone who is rushing to the doctor's to see his wife give birth suddenly notices someone appear out of nowhere, his interest piqued, he decides to follow. He misses her give birth, she gets upset because e promised, they get divorced later, the children hate him, and they become criminals. They get shot by police while robbing a bank, or a store, or something. Therfore ending generations of that family. Which, ultimately could result in many people not being born into the world. Or the criminals could have killed someone from [i]your[/i] family, resulting in you never being born.

I could come up with other examples of major time paradoxes but Im too lazy... Time travel is simply too dangerous. And then the future.... Ooh.

Posted

If you go back in time to accomplish a goal, you will have already accomplished that goal, and you won't have any reason to go back in time to accomplish that goal. Then the universe crashes.

Posted

No you'll still have to go back in time, even though you know you can do it and have already done it. Never played Timesplitters 3 or watched Prisoner of Azkaban? :P

Posted

[quote name='Ryu' post='239421' date='Jul 24 2009, 10:06 AM']Simply being seen can cause massive time paradoxes. Someone who is rushing to the doctor's to see his wife give birth suddenly notices someone appear out of nowhere, his interest piqued, he decides to follow. He misses her give birth, she gets upset because e promised, they get divorced later, the children hate him, and they become criminals. They get shot by police while robbing a bank, or a store, or something. Therfore ending generations of that family. Which, ultimately could result in many people not being born into the world. Or the criminals could have killed someone from [i]your[/i] family, resulting in you never being born.

I could come up with other examples of major time paradoxes but Im too lazy... Time travel is simply too dangerous. And then the future.... Ooh.[/quote]

While that is true... As I've said, I'm smart enough to understand what would be allowed or not. Anything different from what normally happened is a paradox, even something as simple as placing a pencil a few centimeters away from where you may have placed it earlier in your own timeline. You could even ask Oh Noes, I think far too hard. When I'm in any situation, I always let my worldly mind think first. It's best to see things from many view points, where anything can happen. If I mess up, well then... I messed up. History can be considered fixed though, so while that can happen. It could also onlu happen AFTER my departure, nothing before it. That would mean that I would've already had to have gone back in time and... Yeah. D| Too lazy to explain, very complicated. Time is quite a difficult concept to be grasped fully. It's fun to think about though.

Posted

I'll take the boomerang that always comes back to me

Posted

[quote name='Aethix' post='239515' date='Jul 24 2009, 04:21 PM']If you go back in time to accomplish a goal, you will have already accomplished that goal, and you won't have any reason to go back in time to accomplish that goal. Then the universe crashes.[/quote]
Yus.

[quote name='Vio Milanor' post='239618' date='Jul 25 2009, 02:44 AM']While that is true... As I've said, I'm smart enough to understand what would be allowed or not. Anything different from what normally happened is a paradox, even something as simple as placing a pencil a few centimeters away from where you may have placed it earlier in your own timeline. You could even ask Oh Noes, I think far too hard. When I'm in any situation, I always let my worldly mind think first. It's best to see things from many view points, where anything can happen. If I mess up, well then... I messed up. History can be considered fixed though, so while that can happen. It could also onlu happen AFTER my departure, nothing before it. That would mean that I would've already had to have gone back in time and... Yeah. D| Too lazy to explain, very complicated. Time is quite a difficult concept to be grasped fully. It's fun to think about though.[/quote]
It is quite difficult, but if you think about it logically and not something based off a movie or a game, it's nearly impossible to go back in time and not screw stuff up. Just going back in time in the first place could screw stuff up, far too risky. Unless I wanted the universe to spontaniously explode, I wouldn't risk going back. No matter what. Unless it was to save somebody's life by doing one thing different. Such as... turing left instead of right. You know.

@HylianLink15 PoA and Timesplitters 3(That I've never played... sadly.) aren't correct. Especially PoA.

Posted

Eh, if time travel is possible, everything that's going to happen has already happened, and in the future it will still have already happened.

It goes along with the "Reality vs Fantasy" debate. I believe that time is only a beginning point, not an end. Once your time runs out, you will not be bound by it any longer, making reality so much better than it is at the moment.

Posted

I chose Zelda's virginity.
Oh, wait, it's not up there.

Posted

[quote name='Ryu' post='239751' date='Jul 25 2009, 05:22 PM']Yus.

It is quite difficult, but if you think about it logically and not something based off a movie or a game, it's nearly impossible to go back in time and not screw stuff up. Just going back in time in the first place could screw stuff up, far too risky. Unless I wanted the universe to spontaniously explode, I wouldn't risk going back. No matter what. Unless it was to save somebody's life by doing one thing different. Such as... turing left instead of right. You know.

@HylianLink15 PoA and Timesplitters 3(That I've never played... sadly.) aren't correct. Especially PoA.[/quote]

Oho, using logic on me? Well, if you would think about it logically (Whilst using common sense)... No one has ever returned from a Time Travel Trip to the past, and told about it... So nothing can quite be said for sure. c: Since we, ourselves, do not know. Besides, we're talking about The Ocarina of Time. An item directly from a video game... So it WOULD be best to use knowledge from "fictional" media.