29 posts in this topic

Posted

The name

Posted

Welcome, Sheik. I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy the forum and thankfully, we don't have anybody to call Sheik in a casual manner yet, so good work snapping up the title.

Not sure if the signature quite suits the rules though. I don't have a link at hand right now, but the rules should be found somewhere around the Lobby or Help Desk methinks.

Now, please keep in mind that you are part of the family now and you cannot leave.

Posted

Welcome.

Instead of giving my whole spiel, I will merely say welcome and that I hope you stay with us for a long time (or forever. Whichever floats your boat.)

Posted

Welcome, Sheik. I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy the forum and thankfully, we don't have anybody to call Sheik in a casual manner yet, so good work snapping up the title.

Not sure if the signature quite suits the rules though. I don't have a link at hand right now, but the rules should be found somewhere around the Lobby or Help Desk methinks.

Now, please keep in mind that you are part of the family now and you cannot leave.

Posted

I won

Posted

Hey, Welcome to Hyrule.net. c: Nice to see another user planning on staying for more than two days.

Like Cheffy said, stay with us.

Forever.

And ever.

c:

Posted

That's actually a really good idea!

Have no idea why they haven't got it shown alongside the signature entry and all that. I'll check with Dustin and see if he can get that going.

And good to know you're staying. We know all too well that we need more active members and it's good to see more professional ones like you popping up.

Is it ok If I wait for the answer about the possible error in my signature then?

Other, I have a question to ask I don

Posted

Is it ok If I wait for the answer about the possible error in my signature then?

Other, I have a question to ask I don

Posted

Yeah, you need to be a member to post there. Just select Join this Team and you're in, pretty much. Well that is when Arcanelord grants you entry and he's active enough. I'll see you there too, I used to be the leader but passed that onto Arcanelord.

And yeah, it's okay. You're new, so you wont get an instant warn or anything. I think it'll be fine, but some people might have their individual problems with it, only time will tell. I don't have anything against it though, it's a pretty awesome signature.

Also, just asking, but is English your first language? Sorry if I'm offending you or anything. I tend to ask people.

May I ask for a link on where exactly I join? I had a hard time finding things when I checked the places there myself, you see.

And thanks alot. :) Made it myself, tough it

Posted (edited)

Thought so. Your apostrophes seemed foreign and I noticed a small grammatical error which peaked my intrest.

Here's the Team page so that you can go and join while I babble on a bit more.

Good to see some more foreign people joining the forums. It's good to hear from their part of the world for a change.

Haven't got the link to the Signature rules yet; it slipped my mind. I'll fetch it up.

Full list of rules

6) SIGNATURE SIZES

There is a maximum of six lines of text. You can have as many images as you like, as long as they fit size requirements cumulatively - multiple images must be smaller than 550x200 pixels each.

* Font size for text cannot exceed size=4 (size=2 is the default)

* Maximum width for banner/images = 550 pixels

* Maximum height for banner/images = 200 pixels

* Banners/images cannot contain profane, racist or sexually explicit material

* You can have one QUOTE tag in your signature

On that note, mine's too wide by about 10 or so pixels. But I think that's okay, and I'm sure yours will be too, considering it's not an eyesore by any means.

Edited by Teto (see edit history)

Posted

Thought so. Your apostrophes seemed foreign and I noticed a small grammatical error which peaked my intrest.

Here's the Team page so that you can go and join while I babble on a bit more.

Good to see some more foreign people joining the forums. It's good to hear from their part of the world for a change.

Haven't got the link to the Signature rules yet; it slipped my mind. I'll fetch it up.

Thank you, that really helped! So now when I

Posted (edited)

Don't worry about it, though. Perfect grammer isn't expected from even the English speakers here, so there's nothing to worry about at all! It took me a while to even spot one, to be honest, so you don't have to worry about people misunderstanding you. Couldn't be better and it's some of the best I've seen from somebody who is speaking English as a second language.

And you just have to wait for them to approve you. I'm not sure how that goes down on your end though, I'm sure you get a message though. I was the leader to begin with, so I never had to send one.

Edited by Teto (see edit history)

Posted

Don't worry about it, though. Perfect grammer isn't expected from even the English speakers here, so there's nothing to worry about at all! It took me a while to even spot one, to be honest, so you don't have to worry about people misunderstanding you. Couldn't be better and it's some of the best I've seen from somebody who is speaking English as a second language.

And you just have to wait for them to approve you. I'm not sure how that goes down on your end though, I'm sure you get a message though. I was the leader to begin with, so I never had to send one.

Many thanks! :) Other, I

Posted

It's selected members only, yeah. I'm in it, so that pretty much prooves it's not moderators. And there are staff forums, but you can't even see them until you're staff.

Hyrule Elders, Hyrule Sages, Knights of Hyrule (Moderators), and Kings of Hyrule (Admins, I think) can see it. Maybe others, I think. People who post news and stuff.

Not sure what it takes to get into the Dark Council, though.

Posted

Welcome to Hyrule.net, and thank you for making the wise choice. ;D