~Split--~\\~--tilpS~

201 posts in this topic

Posted

i waited for something to happen.

Posted

Zerahnor shrugged; there was only one answer to that question. "I guess our only option is to go in. My extra magick that I have from the Dreamworld can protect us and Kyaa's summons from the intense heat..." Zerahnor paused. "But try not to fall into the lava. I'd hate to have to force Brett to over-exert himself trying to piece you back together from molten bits," Zerahnor replied with an exasperated sigh, as if it's happened before. "But enough of that, let's go inside and find these skeletons!" Zerahnor led the way into the crater, and arrived on a quite a large ledge looking over the entrance to the Temple of Fire with a river of lava between the bottom of the ledge and the circular platform of rock connected to a well that led down into the temple itself. "Hmm... nothing seems out of the ordinary..." He looked around, seeing nothing. The ground rumbled, and hordes of skeletons armed with bows and blades of stone emerged from the entrance of the Temple of Fire. They clacked their jaws in the group's direction, and some of them even tried to jump over to the cliff face in an attempt to climb up. The skeletons were met with instant demise as they fell into the lava.

"Well, we know we can't jump across, and even if we do, we'd be skellie bait. There has to be a way over without totally exposing ourselves... Ah! I got it!" Zerahnor formed a bridge of light from the ledge to the rock platform. He didn't even take into account the skeletons would take the iniative to cross it, and they swarmed over to the large platform the group stood on. "Crap. I didn't think about that. Get ready for some action, guys!"

Act 1 Battle 1 - A Crater Infestation (Death Mountain Crater)

Fire and earth attacks increase in power, and can be fed from the world around you - also, characters who tire themselves out and control these elements may draw upon them to restore their

energy.

Enemies~~~

20 Skeletons (Armed with stone longwords - may be picked up a wielded, but crumble once they leave Death Mountain's vicinity ~~ Drop 1 crystal when defeated)

20 Skeletons (Armed with stone bows and 20 stone arrows - may be picked up a wielded, but crumble once they leave Death Mountain's vicinity ~~ drop 1 crystal when defeated)

Skeletons are, pretty obviously, re-assembled bones of the dead, animated, and given a basic task which he fill out mindlessly, kinda like zombies, but without all the icky blood and gore.

However, while your eyes are saved from a grusome sight, their lack of flesh is also their greatest strength - they're very resistant to sharp weaponry, as their bones have been hardened due

to petrification from the pressure they suffered from being buring for so long - blunt weapons that can crack their bones work much more effectively, as does magic, which overrides this

physical dfense entirely. They are obviously very weak to healing magic, as it scathes them, causing their bones to become very brittle and if pelted with enough healing energy, they

may just shatter.

Posted

[any rules for combat?]

Posted

((Oops, my bad. I forgot to say what the enemies did. ^.=.^; whoops. combat goes just like training, except I control the enemies. Obviously g-modding isn't allowed, but I don't think we'll have that problem.)) Three skeletons raised their blades and charged at Brett, ready to attack once they closed in. Two more skeletons sent a volley of arrows in Aluna's direction while a third shot a single arrow at Adn. Another two skeletons pincer attacked Eon, striking at him from both sides with their stone blades.

Posted

*i drew my blade and raised it to block the blades i then attempted to sweep their legs*

Posted

Eon decided that would be a good time to start using magic, and moved to the back of the fighting to prepare himself. Epoch attempted to ram some of the Skeletons off the bridge, resulting in several arrow sized holes in one of his wings. Epoch struggled to fly away before the skeletons could nock another arrow- and then Eon finished casting. "Tetris anyone?" He said to the skeleton archers((Stalchers?)) before dropping an L shaped block of stone on some of them.

((To put this in as few words as possible, I'm bad at witty banter. So therefore Eon is even worse! :D))

Posted

Two of the skeletons met an untimely end as the blade of light seared through their legs, incapacitating them. They turned to dust as the third flipped through the air over Brett and landed behind him, spinning around to attempt to hit him with a side slash.

Meanwhile, Zerahnor blasted away one of the skeletons that was aiming an arrow volley at him, and rolled to the side to dodge the arrow as the skelton turned to dust.

Enemies Remaining~~

Blade Skeletons: 16

Archer Sekeltons: 18

Current Spoils~~

Zerahnor: 1 Crystal

Brett: 2 Crystals

Eon: 3 Crystals

((in the future, CO, please specify exactly how many you killed when you use spells like that. X3 This time, I just used and RNG and got the number 3.))

Posted

*i turned, blocked and tried to grab its skull, my hand glowing with healing energy*

Posted

Kerri used her trident to catch a skeleton and then turned it, shattering the bones. She then heard footfalls behind her and thrust the other end of her weapon backwards impaling her assailant.

Posted

((Oh. Sorry. After this battle though, we ought to figure out some kind of system for the fights like this. I imagine Bosses'll be a bit different, though.))

Eon was amused at the sight of a giant tetris block crushing his enemies, until he realized something was horribly wrong. 'Wait a minute,' he thought to himself, 'how the heck are the archers even firing arrows? Their bows are made of stone. Stone. How can they even use that as a string?' He watched their bows carefully, and sure enough, the stone string was bending. Eon then yelled across the battlefield, "Oi! Zerahnor! Does earth let me affect pre-existing stone?"

Posted

((Perhaps a revision to way battles work is in order. I though I had it down, but I guess I was wrong. XD Or maybe it would still work, just with less enemies.))

The skeleton couldn't dodge Brett's grasp, and it turned to dust in his hand as the healnig light made its bones so brittle they shattered.

"Yes you can!" Zerahnor called out to Eon as he saw a skeleton rush up to attack Demeir and Kerri. He was about to blast it when she thrust her trident backwards and cracked it in half, turning in to dust. He saw another skeleton rushing at him, and he shot several blasts of light at it. It dodged them, kicked Zerahnor down and pointed its sword at his throat. "Leave this place! There is nothing worth your life to find here!" it chattered.

All the remaining archers banded together to form a large volleys of arrows that would hit the entire group if they didn't take evasive action.

Enemies Remaining~~

Blade Skeletons: 13

Archer Sekeltons: 18

Current Spoils~~

Zerahnor: 1 Crystal

Brett and Drakona: 3 Crystals

Eon and Epoch: 3 Crystals

Kerri and Demeir: 2 Crystals

Posted

"In that case..." Eon said, shifting his focus from creating another tetris block to something else entirely. Snaps and pops began to ring throughout the cavern. Some of the archers looked down to their bows, just in time to catch the full force of their bows turning into a poof of dust. "Okay, 8 disarmed, 10 to go."

((I mean, just like some general guidelines, like the whole 'specify number of enemies killed'. Also, Earth element seems... rather powerful in the way I use it. Tone it down a little? Or is using my intuition to extort the system okay?))

Posted

i saw the archers and yelled to darkona "stomp!* she did and it loosened a roughly shield sized piece of volcanic rock i grabbed it and told her to continue planing on getting enough for the group...if we had time. * i held it above my head with both hands.*

Posted

"In that case..." Eon said, shifting his focus from creating another tetris block to something else entirely. Snaps and pops began to ring throughout the cavern. Some of the archers looked down to their bows, just in time to catch the full force of their bows turning into a poof of dust. "Okay, 8 disarmed, 10 to go."

((I mean, just like some general guidelines, like the whole 'specify number of enemies killed'. Also, Earth element seems... rather powerful in the way I use it. Tone it down a little? Or is using my intuition to extort the system okay?))

((Oh, that's what you meant. Yeah, I'll look over my first post and try to clarify better.

and you're basically a god here - you've got tons of rock and earth to use at your command, and using your head to extort the system is completely OK. XD That's probably why it seems so powerful. Disarming the skeletons might have a different effect than just forcing them into melee combat, but experimenting with what you can do is always good. you learn how to use your powers better. X3))

The 8 disarmed archers ran back down into the well that led into the Temple of Fire. The remaining 10 archers continued their volley of stone arrows.

Zerahnor used the skeleton standing on him as a shield from the arrow volleys, and it turned to dust, which he brushed off once he stood up. "Geez, these things just don't let up, do they?!" ((I'm gonna start hanging back, I wanna leave some for Aluna and Kyaa.))

Enemies Remaining~~

Blade Skeletons: 13

Archer Sekeltons: 10

Current Spoils~~

Zerahnor: 2 Crystals

Brett and Drakona: 3 Crystals

Eon and Epoch: 3 Crystals

Kerri and Demeir: 2 Crystals

Posted

((Yeah, I'll wait for them too. Well, after this.))

"So that's where they're coming from... Epoch, can you seal that well over there? It's gonna take one heck of a stone, but it'll be worth it."