Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Spatial Paranormality

18 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This roleplay is in THIRD PERSON.

It's the year 2350. Ground-breaking new technology has been through the experimentation period, and is ready for use. The material? A new type of shuttle which allows deep-space exploration, named the Albatross 7. After the discovery of interstellar body XSB-057, of the distant galaxy NGC-4414, and its surrounding life-supporting exo-planets, XSB-058, XSB-059 and XSB-060, the first plan for exploration is to travel to these planets and document the life forms found there. But false assumptions abound, even in this world of science and technology. The beings inhabiting designate XSB-058, otherwise known as planet Cephei, are a more advanced race than previously predicted. In the same old ignorance, though, the expedition is going ahead as planned. Who are the astronauts? You are. The Deep Space Exploration Agency, or DC, wants subjects of varying ages to travel to these three planets and expand the spatial radius of man's galactic control. As said almost 400 years ago, this is one small step for a man...

One giant leap for mankind.

Human sign-up sheet:

Full name:

DC occupation: (We need two documenters, a machinery-based scientist, a firearm carrier, a pilot, a machinery operator, and a biologist.)

Years of space exploration reasearch/experience:

Ambitions:

Personality and looks:

Strengths/Abilities:

History with DC:

-----------

Full name: Albert "Al" M. Blair

DC occupation: Documenter and backup pilot

Years of space exploration reasearch/experience: 13 years of study; Has spent eight months in orbit around Venus.

Ambitions: To be the first man to walk among extraterrestrial life and to document it.

Personality and looks: Tall, with a strong shoulder build. Short-cut, light brown hair and strong facial features.

Strengths/Abilities: Has had decent experience in space, and knows most shuttle controls well. He has practised in the Albatross 7 simulator for considerable time. He has excellent drawing skills.

History with DC: As a 13 year old boy, Al was always intrigued by the thought of travelling into deep space. He followed his heart, and eventually found himself among the most elite and veteran of the DC staff. He was chosen for the NGC-4414 flight because of his amazing capacity for new information and knowledge. Now, as he prepares for the expedition, second thoughts are not an option.

I'll let you guys post your information before we start. I think that if this gets up and started, it could be pretty successful... I've got some good ideas for this storyline, but of course, you can alter it at any time.

Edited by Negation (see edit history)

Posted

Sam, be one thing. Don't have co-pilot as occupation, you can help if help is needed.

Full name: James Smith

DC occupation: Pilot(I suppose that would make me Captain of the ship, unless the DC's command structure is different.

Years of space exploration research/experience: 20

Ambitions: To be world renowned.

Personality and looks: Rugged, handsome features. Who can ask for anything more?

Strengths/Abilities: Great reflexes, experience in space combat. Great captain and tactician.

History with DC: When James was nineteen he signed up to be an officer in the United Earth Navy. Working up the ranks he was given his own ship, the Angel Wings. With it, he won a number of major battles against other political factions that ended up in the formation of the DC. He was contacted a few years later and asked if he wanted to be the captain of the first ship into deep space. He accepted.

Posted

Yeah, I guess you're right. Changed to backup pilot.

To answer your question, yes, through being the pilot, you are the captain, although that doesn't mean you issue the land-based commands. I guess all will be explained through the story...

Oh, and remember, people; This is the first non-human life discovered by homo sapiens, so don't throw in random battles in the history with other civilizations.

Posted

I know I don't make land based commands, I am in command of the ship however. That's all I wanted. That means unless I'm overruled by the DC higher-ups, I make all orders concerning my ship.

Also, about the ETs not being discovered yet by homo sapiens. That's why said other political factions.

Posted (edited)

Full name: John Carter

DC occupation: Firearms Carrier

Years of space exploration reasearch/experience: 7 months

Ambitions: To have his own ship one day.

Personality and looks: Tall, long dark hair, not quite shoulder length. Tan skin, likes undermining commanding officers' orders.

Strengths/Abilities: Piloting, hand-to-hand combat, weapons.

History with DC: John hadn't signed up for it, he had kind of been asked. Though he had very little experience in space, except piloting small ships, he had quite a knack for figuring things out, and using his brain. And because of his knowledge of the ship, as he helped design it, they insisted he go along.

Bah... I know nothing! DX

What would a Machinery Operator or Firearm carrier do?

Edited by Ryu (see edit history)

Posted

Full name: John Carter

DC occupation: Not yet known.

Years of space exploration reasearch/experience: 0

Ambitions: To have his own ship one day.

Personality and looks: Tall, long dark hair, not quite shoulder length. Tan skin, likes undermining commanding officers' orders.

Strengths/Abilities: Piloting, hand-to-hand combat, weapons.

History with DC: John hadn't signed up for it, he had kind of been asked. Though he had zero experience in much about space, except piloting small ships, he had quite a knack for figuring things out, and using his brain. And because of his knowledge of the ship, as he helped design it, they insisted he go along.

Bah... I know nothing! DX

What would a Machinery Operator or Firearm carrier do?

Okee, lemme just clear a few things up...

Name, age... They're both fine. The occupation is obligatory; A machinery operator is basically the person who's in control of all land-based machinery and vehicles, and a firearms carrier is basically the team's strongest biological defense force. He's below only the mechanized weapons. He needs to have had some history of working with DC, otherwise he won't be qualified for the flight. Just put a couple of months or so for his experience; That'll make it a little more realistic. Oh, and the hand-to-hand combat part... That's okay, I guess, but just remember that the team doesn't know that there's a more advanced race on Cephei. Physical combat won't help you here. And the weaponry that the team, which we'll call the DCDT, carries, is only there for absolute emergencies. For the moment, at least.

Posted

Okay, thanks. I changed it, let me know if it's okay.

Posted

Yup, that's good. I think we should just wait for two or three more people to sign up, then we can start.

Posted

Sounds good. Might be a bit of a wait though, want me to ask people?

Posted

Yeah, that might be a good idea, actually. But if you do, make sure you ask people who are dedicated to whatever they join... I don't want people joining and then quitting on us. Thanks, anyway.

Posted

Yeah, this could be a really good RP. But people need to stick with it, including you FF

Posted

Yeah, this could be a really good RP. But people need to stick with it, including you FF

I stick with my own roleplays, unless nobody else does. Which is pretty often. This is a two-way street, and there's usually a big angry dog chasing me down the bad end.

Posted

Full name: Luke Taylor

DC occupation: Biologist

Years of space exploration reasearch/experience: 0

Ambitions: Study a species of plant or animal he hasn't already encountered and gain fame through it.

Personality: Outgoing and somewhat naiive. Doesn't act well in tight situations, but when given time can devise good plans.

Appearance: 5" 8', Middle weight, just above sufficient strength for a space explorer.

Strengths/Abilities: Has learned alot about alchemy and can brew all kind of herbal cures and whatnot.

History with DC: When finished college at age 21, he had been considering many professions but few seemed to suit him at all. Then he was invited to join the project as biologist and took the title hastily, without considering the fact that space travel would be involved. Spent 2 years in training and is now here.

And stuff.

List my errors.

Posted

Nah, that's fine, I s'pose. I think if we get, like, one more person, we can just make the other characters controllable by everyone in the role play.

Posted

As said almost 400 years ago, this is one small step for a man...

One giant leap for mankind.

lol...... he actually said it wrong, not you, the armstrong guy.

the people actually wrote it "One small step for Mankind, on giant leap for Man" or something like that :lol: