Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Violent games = Violent Behavior?

22 posts in this topic

Posted

jack thombson must have been dropped on his head repeatadly when he was born

Posted

Zelda is harmless. There is not even any blood, or gore, and how often is the average child or person going to be holding a sword anyway?

We have our fair share of lunatics like that GTA guy that stole a cop car and shot at police and blamed the game but thats like less than 0.01% of gamers. Case closed.

Do you follow me around, just waiting to contradict anything I say? That's MY job.

Posted

I'm so glad this a hole got what he had coming, no matter what kind of crime happened you would be sure to hear his name blaming GTA or some other violent game.

Seriously, games even teach moral lessons (Thanks to the 12 Life Lessons from video games article " here http://tech.uk.msn.com/gaming/gallery.aspx...entid=148423758 ") Games have more to help with than damage. Naybe if a mentally unstable person plays GTA something will go wrong but that would because the guy is so unstable.

If games made violent people I would have nuked the whole of America by now.

Posted

A person who has reached high school should be old enough and mature enough do deter fantasy from reality, otherwise he/she wouldn't be in high school to begin with, or maybe not even public.

Even if a mentally unstable person were to pick up GTA and play it, it wouldn't be the fault of the game itself, because the person has to be mentally unstable to begin with for it to really have that kind of effect. It's not like the game is going to cause insanity.

In fact, games have been great a great way to relieve stress for me.

Posted

Ha, no I've played many violent games and it haven't effected me at all. I am not anymore violent.

Posted

No way I feel kinda bad when I have to use ant raid :embarrassed: thats a lot different then taking a gun and murdering people.

Posted

So you could kinda consider Twilight Princess a violence game right? You know, not like AK-47s and stuff, but with swords. So, that Jack Thompson guy is saying that someone might go to the nearest hunting equipment shop, buy a Swiss Army Knife, and start hacking at people after they've played Twilight Princess for like~~ 5 hours?

Or something?

Well, at least I've never heard of someone who went into the army after playing StarCraft.