Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

World of Zelda

71 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm might make a Zelda game like HO. But I am very bad at spriting. so I would like some help. First can someone tell me a good, free, and easy software that can make sprite games? kind of like HO?

EDIT: I've got the software thing. now i need to get sprites. i am in need of extra sprites for players and NPCs.

This game is 10,000 years after OoT there's a new Link. and in my fan made timeline this is just before my "LoZ: The Last of the Poes" movie. There may be releases of movies describing the story behind the game.

First one coming out: LoZ: Link's Greatest Enemies.

for more WoZ story go to this topic: [url="http://www.hyrule.net/forum/index.php?/topic/12267-the-poe-master-the-begining/page__pid__267539__st__0&#entry267539"]Poe Master[/url]

the whole storyline is based of this timeline theroy:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2g65jL3HDg[/media]

Anouncement trailer:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JiIYTX5kCUY[/media]

Overall: 15%
Mapping: 20%
Spriting: 5%
Items: 9%
NPCs: 3%
Shops: 2%

Leaked Dev Photos!
[attachment=3690:WoZ Development Photo 1.bmp]
[attachment=3691:WoZ Development Photo 2.bmp]
[attachment=3692:WoZ Development Photo 3.bmp]

Dev:
Me
My brother
My friend Louis
My friend William
My friend Trey

People who are possible Dev:
The Goblin

Beta Testers:
None

Posted

I don't want to seem rude... Or sound like I know what I'm talking about but... Your post doesn't seem very appealing to people. I don't think you're going to get much participation that way... I myself, am currently in the planning stages for a game... And I have attempted to make games in the past. It's no easy feat.
I'd suggest, that if you'd like to get someone to join you... That you explain a bit about the game, grab readers... Y'know? Explain the story, your ideas on the subject, little information that's going to be a part of it. That'll get you more volunteers, I'm sure. Also, try going to some gamemaking websites... [u][i][url="http://www.zfgc.com/#?action=news"]zfgc.com[/url][/u][/i] is a nice fangame community, and is also a Zelda Fan Game Connection... (That was the name of zfgc.org |D Too bad it's died... You can probably find it on google by typing zfgc wanilla). Learn how to make a good game and how to recruit. Then perhaps after enough progress of planning, you could create your own site or forum. Fairly easy if you want to be lazy about it... Invisionfree, Freewebs, Yuku...

A good game requires a lot of planning and a good team... Sorry, but I can't help you where it comes to spriting. I'm not adept at that. I'm simply an non-sprite artist. I do wish you luck on your project though. Please do try to be awesomer than HyruleOnline... I couldn't even stay playing that game for 3 minutes. I'd suggest getting actual spriters, not just ripping sprites from games... If you do that, please stay within a certain genre of games... Sometimes, awesome custom graphics are awesomer than ripped graphics... Really, and no one likes a game filled with sprites from several other series. Like, no mixing MC, LTTP, and LA sprites.

Posted

ok thanks for the advice.

I am trying to make it better than HO.
Well I would like some spriters to help and mappers.
The thing is that you start in kokori forest. the first quest is from navi. I'm wanting to put Termina in the game too.
I hope this is good enough.

Posted

From Navi? I suppose that's nice... I don't know if you should start in Kokiri Forest... I mean, unless Kokiri's are the only race you can play as... If that's so, it might be nice to have every different player met by their own fairy... That seems pretty cool, you could have the fairy be the manager of the player. |D Just an idea...

Posted

well you start as a Link sprite. so it's a good idea to start in kokori forest. I was thinking of making the game kind of like WoW so the first quest would be to talk to someone else. That's always the first quest you do in WoW. Navi would ask you to speak to Saira. Saira would have a quest to start you out. The quest would be to kill a few enemies. like deku baba. and bring back a few items they drop. just an idea.

Posted

Hm... As long as it's not a WoW copy... World of Warcraft really isn't all that impressive an MMORPG... It's really usually just the same quest over and over again... I will edit my post... But it seems I gave you the wrong zfgc link.

Posted

Let me know when it's up. I might play it some.

Posted

It might take quite some time before it's ever up. |D You might wanna give him a hand if it interests you...

Posted

I'd be happy to help the skeleton made of little blocks.

Have you actually started working on it yet?

If you make a game, you have to ask yourself alot of questions.

Is it long enough? is it [i]too[/i] long?
Should that cost less? is that too hard?
do people like my idea of doing that?
Should i repalce that with this?
Is my game exciting enough?
is that quest too short?
should i decrease the amout of
EXP it takes to level up? is my
game exciting enough? do i have
enough items for the game? is
that so easy tofigure out that
its boring?should i add misc
areas to train?

and so on. more people working on one game would be better.

also, i wanted to make games when i become older, and i figure this would be a nice start =)

Posted

Well I have started creating the game but I need to move it to a different computer. I've got no mappers or spriters.

Posted

Sorry, bro. Can't help you there. Good luck though.

Posted

[quote name='LegoBonez' post='242207' date='Aug 4 2009, 10:00 AM']Well I have started creating the game but I need to move it to a different computer. I've got no mappers or spriters.[/quote]

Mapping i can do, but spriting may prove more difficult.

Posted

ok thanks that'll be great.

Posted

for sprites, you could go here, its one of my favorites!

[url="http://www.spriters-resource.com/"]SPRITERS RESOURCE!![/url]

cool! when i posted this, scroll down to the psx/ps2 on the homepage, they just put a collection of weapons there.

mabye modify them and make them look a bit more for what you wanted them to look like.

[attachment=3619:finalfantasytacticsadvance_items_sheet.png]

i found this at shyguy kingdom. its looks PRETTY PRETTY helpful.

Posted

Wow. thanks man. that's a lot!