Does anybody really like Phantom Hourglass?

31 posts in this topic

Posted

I didn't think it was too awe-inspiring, but it was pretty good. Nintendo didn't take any risks, though, so it made it a so so experience, like Twilight Princess.

But I thought the screen closing for the chart location was genius.

I actually left the temple to look around for a bit, then returned and looked at it hard and was like, "Why is it upside down?" Something I'd wondered before, but now placed special significance in since I couldn't find other ways. Then it dawned on me, and I said, "No way." And closed it, and before opening it, said, "Genius."

And there it was.

I was very proud of Nintendo that day.

Sahaqiel

Yeah. That was pretty clever.

Posted

I enjoyed it enough to power up all the fairies and catch all the fish. Screw finding every boat piece though. ;)

Posted

never played it

Posted

The only thing that I didn't like about Phantom Hourglass was the Temple of the Ocean King. I hate anything timed in any game, so that just didn't float my boat. So, I think that that was the only issue. I also think that if I went back and replayed it, I would be able to beat the game a lot easier.

Posted

I enjoyed playing PH. 

Posted

... I love you.

Posted

Call me a philistine, but I loved it.

Posted

As did I... A fine addition to the series...

I actually want a DS Zelda game where the travelling isn't limited by the boat/train though. More like the older games.

Posted

Like Oracle of Seasons/Ages, but not a remake. =) I would like to see such a thing.

Posted

Yeah...

Although, I have wanted an OOS/OOA remake...

Posted

I liked I and I constantly beat it and replay it when I am bored

Posted

I disliked Phantom Hourglass.

I thought that the plot was really thin and refused to take itself seriously. Meaning that often when there was a major plot development between characters that weren't link, you would see him in the background making a funny face and then falling.

The characters were really simple and any character development was very bluntly stated.

Not to mention the Temple of the Ocean King. Frustrating, repetitive backtracking that, by the end of the game, made me give up completely until Spirit Tracks was announced causing me to decide to complete it.

Contrastingly, however, I thought the gameplay was amazing. It used the touch screen to it's fullest extent in a way that was very intuitive and done very well. There were also moments in which the game encouraged you to think outside the box by yelling or blowing into the microphone or closing your DS and then reopening it. If they had put that much energy into the script (assuming they weren't making that up as they went along) and improved the temple of the ocean king mechanic it would have been an amazing game.

Let's see if they can improve it in Spirit Tracks.

Posted

Eh, I thought PH was good. Not as good as Wind Waker, its prequel, but good.

Ah, whatever, i'm getting ST tomorrow! :joy:

Posted

I geuss it was fun but I hated how bad them graphics were.

Posted

You really can't expect that great of graphics from a game for the DS.