Does anybody really like Phantom Hourglass?

31 posts in this topic

Posted

It seems that a lot of people don't like this game. Why is that?

Posted

Nah...

It had it's fun things though.

And of course.. you could play it everywhere.

But I didn't beat it yet..

I'm on the half or over the half of the game I think.

I don't know if I wanna beat it.

Posted

I don't like it for these 3 main reasons.

1. Too short.

2. Too boring.

and finally, the one that really makes me hate it...3. Too much backtracking.

Posted

The fact that you have to revisit the same temple everytime :unsure: And I personally don't like DS controls, give me a regular gameboy anytime!

I could have liked it though. A lot of nice puzzles.

Posted

I thought it was pretty good. The DS controls were kind of new, which was nice. It's certainly not the best Zelda game ever, but it's still pretty good.

Posted

Naw. c: I liked the game, it isn't the best of Zelda games... But it is another fine addition to the rack.

Posted

I liked the game as well. The only reason for not liking the game that I could think of would be that maybe people who haven't played Wind Waker before wouldn't want to play it (because of the toony graphics or the fact that its a semi-sequel, which is too bad, because Wind Waker was one great game.)

Posted

I agree.

Posted

I liked it. The story was pretty good, the gameplay was way fun, it just got a bit repetitive, and it was a bit short. And it didn't have much lasting appeal for me. It was great while it lasted.

Posted

Meh it was fine and I have nothing against toon graphics cause I love the windwaker but the temple thing was really annoying it was short the drawing shape thing was to hard since my ds screen is awful you have to plot the course instead of being able to sail freely and interactivley. Um there's more but I can't think right now but its a fine game just not very high on my list for playing cause many others are more fun and better replay value.

Posted

The plotting the course I didn't mind... c: It enabled me to look around freely and with ease without actually having to fly the ship. It was a bit more relaxing then The Sailing in WW, but I did like the ability to jump... I'm generally okay with sailing in these two games. Some people found it boring... I absolutely loved it, it was definitely a new way of travelling in the Zelda series.

I wasn't OVERLY fond of returning to the Temple of the Sea King every now and then, but I did like the idea. The only real reason I didn't like it was because it was usually the same thing over and over again... It was simply repetitive. It would've been nice to be able to continuesly go deeper to fight some baddies... Similar to the Underground Maze in Summon Night, Swordcraft Story... It goes 50 floors deep in order to reach the bottom of the ocean... Where you fight the final boss... Afterwards, you are permitted to traverse even deeper... 50 more levels remain, of course it was a bit boring then... The game was a bit like Pokemon/Final Fantasy... Run around and then randomly be encountered by enemies... So you could still be discovering your way out of the room and be constantly bothered by enemies.

I was pretty fond of the DS controls for it, Though, I would've liked the ability to play using the actual DS buttons... As did my father.

The game was a tad bit short, and the only interesting things that would really happen were part of the main story... When that was done, nothing much to do... There doesn't seem to be many side-quests, and issue I had with Twilight Princess... Like encountering bosses whilst sailing the ocean (Big Octos, ect) were rare... I didn't like that you couldn't experience that more than you were able to in PH. The Dungeons weren't quite SHORT... They were simply repetitive, so it gave the appearance that it was short... It was really just a repeat of the previous dungeon.

I must say though... I liked that you could take the different fairies and use them as powerups... I just didn't like that I couldn't always have Ciela out. :<

Posted (edited)

I didn't think it was too awe-inspiring, but it was pretty good. Nintendo didn't take any risks, though, so it made it a so so experience, like Twilight Princess.

But I thought the screen closing for the chart location was genius.

I actually left the temple to look around for a bit, then returned and looked at it hard and was like, "Why is it upside down?" Something I'd wondered before, but now placed special significance in since I couldn't find other ways. Then it dawned on me, and I said, "No way." And closed it, and before opening it, said, "Genius."

And there it was.

I was very proud of Nintendo that day.

Sahaqiel

Edited by Sahaqiel (see edit history)

Posted

i liked the game. no problems with it here.

Posted

I didn't think it was too awe-inspiring, but it was pretty good. Nintendo didn't take any risks, though, so it made it a so so experience, like Twilight Princess.

But I thought the screen closing for the chart location was genius.

I actually left the temple to look around for a bit, then returned and looked at it hard and was like, "Why is it upside down?" Something I'd wondered before, but now placed special significance in since I couldn't find other ways. Then it dawned on me, and I said, "No way." And closed it, and before opening it, said, "Genius."

And there it was.

I was very proud of Nintendo that day.

Sahaqiel

Yeah, it was the same thing for me. XD

Posted

Yea, I agree with the temple traveling stuff...

That was a way of Nintendo to make the game looks like it wasn't a short game.. :P