Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Stormsworder's Signatures

54 posts in this topic

Posted

So, it's been a while since I started dabbling in GIMP and stuff, and I followed mostly basic tutorials to learn things... But as I now work on CS4, I'll post up more of the things I've done for you guys to see and comment on... Critiques and comments are pretty awesome, too.

First post is linked directly from the -=ACE=- gallery.

Apollomon.png

This was done for a sig contest for a Greek mythology theme.

Baihumon.png

Definitely my favorite one out of trying to do a basic tutorial.

BlackWarGreymon%20X.png

Basic sig, trying out different fractal brushes and such.

Gallantmon%20X%20sig.png

A remake of the first signature I made, had trouble getting the image to render right.

Grademon.png

A test of a pen tutorial I followed, along with messing around with font and colors. I couldn't get those stupid lines right on the blades...

Lucemon.png

Messing around with basic rendering and trying to put an image in the background.

Magnamon%20X%20vert.png

This time tried to go for a vertical style while also following a pen tutorial and testing different colors.

Posted

Cool render. Unfortunately, the background is kind of lack-luster. But not bad.

Posted

Yeah, I think it may have been the second or third sig I made... I was still experimenting in different ways and such. I still need to find the rest to upload here.

midnasig1.png

Aimed to follow one tutorial, failed at it, and ended up doing something completely different.

ichigohollowform1.png

Playing around with fractal backgrounds, then decided to try some smudging effects.

ichigohollowform2type1.png

I got bored one day, decided to try some of the preset brush effects and stuff... Came out with this. XD

rukia1d.png

Tried to make it a transparent background, but failed... XD Didn't know how to do it. So, came out with this.

ichigovaizard.png

Nothing meant to be serious, just wanted to play around with the windblown effect.

accrecianherowip.png

This was a work in progress on GIMP, but now that I went to Photoshop CS4, I'm not sure if I'll ever complete it... I might try what a friend suggested on GIMP one more time before I move to CS4 for good.

auronb.png

Created after being gone from GIMP for a very long time, a friend of mine took it and touched it up big time. Made following several tuts to try and remember what to do.

deathsword.png

Following yet another tut, but I think I picked a rather hard render to try and do it on... Didn't come out as well as I hoped, but I did get the render from Zeldawiki :D

impatest.png

First time following the same tutorial I used on the Auron sig. This one didn't come out quite like I liked... maybe because of the type of render I used.

Posted

Good designs. :)

You like anime don't you?

midnasig1.png

impatest.png

Those two I've seen on Zeldafan before.. I like those REALLY much. :D

Posted

Don't actually watch it that much... I like the Bleach manga though, so that's why I have those Bleach ones up.

yeah... the Midna one was a total accident. XD I never even planned on making it.

Posted

Haha. Pretty good stuff. Lots of Digimon and Bleach.

Posted

Yep, I started out using Digimon pictures following a basic sig tutorial, as you can tell. XD

Posted

midnasig1.png

ichigohollowform1.png

rukia1d.png

I really like these three. You're getting better. |D

Keep up the good work. c:

Though, the backgrounds do seem to be a bit dull.

Try experimenting with layer modes, like overlay and such.

Those tend to make the colors more vivid.

Posted

Damn those are good. I haven't figured out how to make anything like those on GIMP. I'm not artistically inclined.

Posted

Cool. They're not that basic though. (to me anyway) BTW can we use these in our sigs?

Posted

Yeah, but give credit to me for making them and such...

Er... overlay mode?

Posted

Layer settings.

lyrmds.png

They're pretty useful. o:

Posted

Huh... So using that will make a big difference in how it looks?

Posted

Oh, yeah. That will help out a lot with the different layer effects.

Posted

anubisa.png

Well, here's my first signature finished and made in Photoshop CS4... although I had to go back into GIMP to add the borders to it. do they have an option like what GIMP does for auto-creating borders easily?