Fourth Piece Discussion: Articles and Theories.

1356 posts in this topic

Posted

The one that has the stained glass depicting the OoT's sages.

Posted

Right.

I've got a new theory about a possible Fourth goddess. Actually, its quite plausible considering she's the only other female deity thats worshiped in the games, besides perhaps Majora.

We can only assume that her name is Colossus. The Spirit Temple is largely dedicated to her. We've seen her image quite a few times, and its always the same. Half woman, half snake. Idles created in her image are only found in desert areas giving her an instant connection to the Gerudo Thieves.

But a strong connection with the Gerudo is partially disproved in Twilight Princess. At the top of Arbiter Grounds, a large statue stands of her which brings forth the Twilight Mirror. It is surrounded by symbols of the sages, and replaces where the Triforce would usually be.

I believe a stronger speculation of this woman is in order.

Who is Colossus? She's obviously important. . .

Posted

Alright, I checked out the Temple of Time in OoT and in TP. It probably was rebuilt. They look almost nothing alike!! Lol.

The writing on the walls says:

Master Sword

Copy Rod

Time Statue

Sanctuary

The bases of the statues have an inscription, but I can't translate it. I'm not sure where it starts and ends. The are also spinning words in the Mirror of Twilight portal that I can't decipher.

The Mirror Chamber seems more then worth while to check out.

Hmmm. I can't quite find a breakthrough that I'm looking for. Just observations.

Like there's an arrow pointing up above the front door in the ToT in OoT.

I noticed something else strange.

Tetra is a prefix of Four, correct? Thats why every arrogant nonbeliever claims "If the Triforce had four sides, it'd be called the Tetraforce (Or Quadraforce.).

In the beginning of TWW Tetra is being carried away by a giant bird.

Tetra = 4.

Does this sound familiar? (1st Image)

~~~~~~

Do we ever truly find out what the shiekan teardrop means? This puzzles me. It pretty much hides where a forth piece would stand. (Image 2.)

post-561-1192767472_thumb.jpg

post-561-1192767693_thumb.jpg

Posted

Well I know one thing about the Colossus: (Don't read this if you're immature)

Inside the Spirit Temple you can use the longshot on her nipples.

Posted

Four Important Observations.

I think I

post-561-1192944932_thumb.jpg

Posted

Please tell me that someone read that.

Posted

I'm not quitting. . .

As I promised, here's my theory on why I think the goddesses left the Triforce behind:

They created Hyrule where there was a vast nothing. I'm guessing through all of their work, they didn't exactly just want to leave it. They summoned together a fraction of their combined powers. The Triforce. This remained their only link to Hyrule, and their only way of watching over it. Unfortunately, Hyrule's people discovered the relic, and all of them wanted it for themselves. Because the Triforce was at Hyrule, the goddesses were able to summon themselves a hero. Link. In an attempt to save the Triforce, he accidently led Ganondorf to it. With the Triforce now broken, it was up to Farore's piece to decide the fate of Hyrule. Whenever it was jeopardized, a new hero could be found.

The Triforce was the goddesses's last link to Hyrule.

That being said, we know that the scene that Lanayru explains to Link has to of happened before Ocarina of Time. The Triforce is seen whole. This helps to put these events in order.

But what about the Fourth Goddess? Courage, Wisdom and Power balance each other to create the perfect asset. If you have all three, then you are unstoppable. The wisdom to be courageous. The courage to use power. The power to be wise. Without one, the others can't work. Thats why Ganondorf broke it.

Way back somewhere in our nearly 50 pages. It was suggested that the Fourth Piece was balance. I like this, and think it works. If balance were in place, then the pieces wouldn't of parted when Ganondorf touched the Triforce. The King of Hyrule may have the Fourth Piece, explaining why it didn't break again. It is unlikely that he was perfectly balanced in the three categories.

Posted

Woot. Triple post. ^_^

(I'm going insane. :cry:)

Notes From the Shadow Temple:

I believe that the Sheikan obsession with the truth is what led to their demise.

What was the purpose of the Shadow Temple. It would serve better as a prison then a temple.

Why is the temple hidden behind the graveyard?

The Shadow Symbol more then suggests a Fourth Piece, it very much implies it. (See Pic.)

The Ferry to the Underworld is activated by the Royal Family's song. This is strange. Does the temple even belong to the Sheikah?

There are images of birds scattered all around the temple. Eldin, anyone?

TORTURE. Its everywhere. This place (Along with Beneath the Well) looks like a prison/torture chamber. Long abandoned and now possessed by evil.

Bongo-bongo looks like an unfortunate victim of a guillotine. His neck flowers out where his head was removed revealing a new eye hidden in his neck. He still has control of his severed hands.

Light Arrows don't work on Redeads. They just go straight through. This is weird. Every other arrow works on them though. . .

post-561-1193011797.gif

Posted

I think people haven't been reading this topic because there was a long period where nobody posted.

Anyway, those are some very interesting theories. Particularly the Shadow Temple.

I didn't actually know that Light arrows didn't affect ReDeads. Is it the same in Majora's Mask, or is this only present in Ocarina of Time?

Posted

I'll check in MM. . .

Posted

Very interesting theories Goron Merchant! I kept checking the Lanayru cutscene to see your observations, very cool!

The only thing that I didn't find true was the middle of the trifoce bit. Heck, I believe in the fourth piece, but the middle of the trifoce is the same color as the background, and I've looked at it from each angle (from above, below, left and right) at my computer.

But I find that interesting that there are 3 spirits and not 4. If you think about it, Ordona is almost like the monkey spirit (cant remember his name) so I dont see a point in having Ordona as a Spirit, other then the fact that she has a province. Strange though; 4 spirits, 3 goddesses, 3 spirits show up in the cutscene. Either Nintendo made a big mistake with that cutscene, or one spirit wasnt even created yet.

As for the ReDeads and arrows bit, interesting. Goes right through them, and yet the other arrows work on them. Funny, since they are dead, I'de have thought the light arrow would do the most damage. :huh:

Posted

I found out the arrow thing in the royal crypt when that bone tells you "Shine Light on the Living Dead." Instead of playing the Sun's Song, I grabbed my Light Arrows. I thought This should be cool. . .

It wasn't. Lol.

Thanks for your support.

Posted

merchant...your theories ROCK!!!

and i did the same with the light arrows.i called my dad in to watch me kill the re-deads at a distance(they used to give me nightmares)and since he used to have to kill them for me because i was too scared he thought thiswould be cool.it went through it all 50 times!!! he laughed so hard he almost fell over!! it was so disapointing :cry:

Posted

I can't believe I didn't read your posts before gm! Truly great observations! (even though I felt like I was reading the log book of a mad scientist at the last one o.O)

And yes, the sheikah teardrop is covering the fourth piece, maybe the shiekahs betrayal is hiding the fourth piece.

Posted

The shiekahs betrayal is hiding the fourth piece.

Oohh. I like that wording.

I'm yet to try shooting a Gibdo with a Light Arrow in Majora's Mask. I'll try it tonight.