Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Hero Shade

25 posts in this topic

Posted

Who is this guy? Some say he's Link from OoT in a stallfos form. I don't think he's a stallfos though.

For those who don't know who he is, he's the guy who teaches you hidden skills.

Posted

Please read the rules.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Haha. I knew Saha was only a day away : D

Posted

Just for a unique response how about one of Rusls ansesctors or something?

Posted

Now that would alleviate the whole situation.

Also, he's not a Stalfos. Stalfos don't have flesh anywhere, being all bone. The Hero's Shade has flesh everywhere but parts of his face. Since his lower torso is exposed, he would also be supported on his spine, very clearly.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Perhaps a unique stalfos? He is a hero. Maybe there are good and evil stalfos that look differently? Though, in Majora's Mask the stalchildren weren't all that evil.

Posted (edited)

No, he's just not a Stalfos. He bears more resemblance to the soldier spirits found in Hyrule Castle. "Special Stalfos" are things like Igos Du Ikana and his knights; they're pretty special, and can even talk and grant weapons to you, as well as lead a dead kingdom, but they're still pure bone. Even though they have a legacy and in the end, are on your side. The Hero's Shade cannot be a Stalfos. Also, during Twilight Princess, the only game the Hero's Shade appears in, Stalfos had horn like protrusions growing from them. This and this are clearly not the same type of creature.

As for who he is, I think I'm liking the Rusl's-ancestor idea. Since Rusl is a skilled swordsman who teaches Link in the first place, and I really just get a similarity vibe between them. I don't feel like digging up proof or comparisons right now, but if I ever feel like it, maybe I'll find something.

Sahaqiel

Edited by Sahaqiel (see edit history)

Posted

You're right, it doesn't look like a stalfos.

Not so sure about the Rusl's ancestor thing, but I suppose it's a possibility. It really depends on whether the Hero's Shade was a "Hero of time/wind/whatever" legendary hero or was just an average hero, like a soldier.

Posted

No, he's just not a Stalfos. He bears more resemblance to the soldier spirits found in Hyrule Castle. "Special Stalfos" are things like Igos Du Ikana and his knights; they're pretty special, and can even talk and grant weapons to you, as well as lead a dead kingdom, but they're still pure bone. Even though they have a legacy and in the end, are on your side. The Hero's Shade cannot be a Stalfos. Also, during Twilight Princess, the only game the Hero's Shade appears in, Stalfos had horn like protrusions growing from them. This and this are clearly not the same type of creature.

As for who he is, I think I'm liking the Rusl's-ancestor idea. Since Rusl is a skilled swordsman who teaches Link in the first place, and I really just get a similarity vibe between them. I don't feel like digging up proof or comparisons right now, but if I ever feel like it, maybe I'll find something.

Sahaqiel

Thanks thought since it was a possibility it wouldnt hurt for a little consideration but im not very good at gathering info or proof on my ideas so ill leave it to the experts. :embarrassed:

Posted

Ah, this is still yet a mysterioum. However, hints from the game as well as his dialoges my reveal the answer many believe.

I for myself believe he might be Oot Link. Ocarina of Time is said to be the very first in the timeline and that TP is about a 100 years after. Even tough I myself donĀ“t truly believe in these timelines. However, there are plenty of hints in the game to why he might be Oot Link.

Posted

No there aren't.

Name some.

Sahaqiel

Posted

A big one would be what he says after you get the final Sword Technique. That pretty much says it all.

Posted

"Those are for only for the one who carries the blood of the hero...the one whose spirit is that of the sublime beast."

While neither of these in bold point to him being OOT Link, they do suggest that he was the legendary hero, both because he knows the legendary techniques and is the golden wolf.

"Although I accepted life as the hero, I could not convey the lessons of that life to those who came after."

Again, this doesn't suggest that he was OOT Link, but it does suggest that he was THE hero and not just A hero.

There's nothing at all that suggests he is OOT Link, other than timeline placement and circumstantial stuff, like suggesting that Link turned into a stalfos from being lost without a fairy, etc.

Posted

Maybe he was OoT Link's father. I think in OoT they said Link's father died in war. It's just a theory though. I mean how do we know his father wasn't a hero?

Posted

I think he was OOT Link. And nothing is gonna change that.