Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Hero Shade

25 posts in this topic

Posted

SuperSaiyanJirrue; I think that's called ignorance.

LionHeart, we just got finished discussing how he's not a Stalfos. :(

Anyway, the "go forth, my child" line is ambiguous. I highly doubt it's because Link is his literal spiritual or genetic child. The Hero's Spirit/Shade is Link's instructor. Therefore, in a sense, Link is his "child", acting as a father figure who teaches his offspring the secrets of life. Think of how much of a parent's role of teaching a child right from wrong has shifted to teachers in elementary school.

I mean, look at this part.

"Although I accepted life as the hero, I could not convey the lessons of that life to those who came after."

If OoT Link knew those techniques, where were they in OoT/MM? Why is he eight feet tall as the Hero's Spirit? Why is his armor so drastically different? Why does he only have one eye? Why is his sword different than any sword Link has ever wielded, and indeed, different from any other sword up to this point?

It's more likely that he's OoT Link's father, or an ancestor of Rusl, and those don't even have flimsy proof.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I wasn't suggesting he was a stalfos, I was saying that people are suggesting he was a stalfos. I no longer subscribe to that theory, but quite a few people do.

Posted

I belive in him being OoT Link.

Posted

Is there a particular reason why?

Sahaqiel

Posted

I also like to believe he's OOT Link, not for a very good reason, but just because I want to believe that the designers put a wink to OOT in TP. I don't care if there's no real proof for it. Unless one day Nintendo makes a game that falls in between OOT and TP and explains why he CAN'T be OOT Link, but I don't see that happening

Posted

It's more likely that he's OoT Link's father, or an ancestor of Rusl, and those don't even have flimsy proof.

I actually agree, but, if it makes any sense, I disagree at the same time. It makes sense that OoT Link's father would be the Hero's Shade, with him saying that he couldn't pass on the lessons that he learned in life to later heroes(him dieing before OoT and before OoT Link could even possibly wield a sword), but wasn't OoT Link's father just an ordinary man? A great warrior, obviously, but compared to someone like Link who holds the triforce of courage, ordinary? This man was before OoT Link got the triforce of courage(if I remember right, didn't Link get it after he got the Master Sword?), so how does he live on like this, yet OoT Link doesn't?

I also noticed that the sword he uses bears resemblance to the Master Sword, which to me, makes a decent amount of sense, considering Link is the one who is supposed to wield it.

Posted

No. No, no, no.

I spent like a week arguing with someone about a comparison between Hero's Shade and a Stalfos, but he was really arguing about the thing I am saying no about.

It does not look like the Master Sword.

In fact, the argument originated because someone edited the article on the Hero's Shade to say the sword looks exactly like the Master Sword. I posted a bunch of lo res pics that still make it obvious that it's not identical, so I had to request the help of a nearby awesome admin who is the best thing ever to end it all.

He provided the pic on the left, and it was like yes.

Awesome.

I could go into detail on how they are not similar, but I shouldn't have to.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I see now, they're only very slightly similar with the blade, and even then the resemblance is only slight, so slight there might as well not be a resemblance. I see your point.

Posted

Even if it is OOT Link, it wouldn't make sense that he had the Master Sword. He returned the Master Sword to the pedestal of time (I suppose), and in MM he wielded the Kokiri Sword (with upgrades).

Posted

Yeah.

Or the Gilded Sword/Great Fairy Sword.

Sahaqiel