Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

If God made us all in his image

175 posts in this topic

Posted

Naw, they're still on-topic.

Don't kill dis topic y'all.

Posted

Dude, God created logic. God created science. It's mind boggling, I know, but God's a perfect deity. You're thinking in terms of human limitations. God isn't human, he's a god. He can do anything, including exist outside of time.

Please don't state things about deities no one really knows about. What if Science created God?

OH, GOT YOU THERE.

Anyways, I agree about moving this discussion to religion and staying on topic.

Case in point, let's start the small goat sacrifice to Psypoke.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Because science isn't a deity. It isn't even a living breathing organism, it's merely "knowledge attained through study or practice". Using science, we can't "create" anything, we can only change matter to a different form than it was before. Science cannot create something from nothing, and God claims to have always been in existence anyway.

Posted (edited)

lol u guise r so stupid

God is existence itself. He is the universe, he is life itself. When he was born, as was the universe, as they are the same thing.

Obviously

How else would he be able to see and hear all if he wasn't everywhere and everything in the universe?

Edited by Teto (see edit history)

Posted

If God made us all in his image... We'd all look like Kung Fu Action Jesus, himself.

avateravaterthelegandso.jpg

Posted

Vio...... WTF!?

Posted

... e.e Peon, it's Kung Fu Action Jesus.

Posted

OH MIGHTY PSYDUCK

its not a psyduck its a slowduck/psypoke (both of wich are a splice of slowpoke and psyduck :P)

Posted (edited)

I'm fairly sure you know what I meant, Lionheart.

There's that religious bias again.

I thought it was obvious, but fine, I'll explain.

What if God was created under something that could be explained by science, for instance, as a byproduct of the universe being created, or something much later than that, and his/her actions could be rationalized and reproduced with the correct tools.

It would explain why there are so many gods, but then, I seriously would like to know what makes Earth so special in an infinitely large universe that probably has many more life forms than we could ever imagine, even though an extremely small part of the universe is hospitable to life.

Also, this may be ancient history back on page seven, but Teto, there is a large difference between comparing knowledge of Pluto to knowledge of God.

Even though you trust people when they say there is a Pluto, it still exists. There are tools that allow you to see Pluto. It's all there, waiting for you to pick it up. All you have to do is want to see it.

As for God, there are no tools or equations waiting for someone to want to prove it for themselves. Just like Bigfoot, Santa Claus, or the Flying Spaghetti Monster, it doesn't follow the binds of logic or human reality. There's only faith that a God is there. No telescopes, rockets, or cameras. Only a human mind and personal feelings.

Incidentally, I was thinking of warning you earlier for telling YLA to rot in the ground as an athiest. In fact, I think I will warn you.

It seems you're also religiously biased in this thread, though I thought completely the opposite initially.

Don't let it happen again, please.

Sahaqiel

Edited by Sahaqiel (see edit history)

Posted

K.

My real view is that the world is 2000 years old.

The universe began with a single particle of existence that was God. It expanded and energised the nothingness, making it existence. As it expanded, it created planets and the like. As it passed over Earth, it created everybody and everything, all created to believe that they all had a past. JESUS was born at the same time as the planet, and then everything was okay.

Obviously.

I'm pretty sure I had more rubbish to add to this theory, but I can't remember it now.