Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I'm banned from Youtube

44 posts in this topic

Posted

The other day, my parents just came up to me and randomly said that 'Youtube is too inappropriate for a 13 year old. We don't want you on it any more and we especially don't want you to watch these abridged series' or keep making this one that you've made. Seriously, WHAT THE HECK? Most 1st Graders go on youtube and now I'm banned? Most kindergardeners know swear words and I'm getting kicked off. It's not like I live on there or anything but it just seems stupid and it makes no sense whatsoever. What is wrong with my parents?

Posted

Maybe you should try to approach your parents with a compromise. Try to get an idea of what's behind their reasoning, correct any falsehoods if you can, and try to come up with a way for you to get on youtube while your parents feel safe about it.

Remember, they hold quite nearly absolute power over you. Try to suggest ways to monitor you less restrictively. Just don't demand too much at once.

Posted

tell them that unless you said your age was over 18, that you can't watch any inappropriate stuff.

Posted

You should at least demand to continue your abridged series, and go from there. They'd be less likely to object if you're the one making the vids. Plus, any subscribers you have would appreciate it.

BTW, what is your Youtube username? I'd like to check out your vids to see if your parents have a point.

Posted

Why is there no "You're an idiot and should give your parents more respect" option?

Posted

Well you should probably look at it from your parents' perspective as well: The internet can be helpful to kids nowadays, and all kids can access it whenever they like at whatever age. You say Grade 1's swear and Kindergarteners go on and such. Well that's not really all that good. Your parents are just trying to set a good example for you and for practically everyone else. Of course you can try and come up with a compromise if you think your Abridged series is worth saving. And anyways your parents are basing this ban on what you watch online. I deal with stuff like this by not swearing in real life (the worst I can say is da*m or h-e-double-hockeysticks, but that's only when I'm really angry. If there's no reason to swear, then I won't.) so then at least my parents know that I'm not being influenced or anything.

Banned at 13, though? Seriously, what were you watching?! XDD

I'm wondering why they only banned you on Youtube, and not like any other forums or something. Sometimes there's bad stuff on here ('course it gets dealt with) but why are your parents only siphening you off from the Youtube community?

Posted

I deal with stuff like this by not swearing in real life (the worst I can say is da*m or h-e-double-hockeysticks.

I have sworn in front of my parents before... They said it's okay as long as I'm not insulting anyone. But I'm usually censoring it. |D I actually got my Dad to start saying them. He once told some kids on this bus he once drove to stop... He was all... "Stop making so much trouble, you little bishes!"

Bish, Bastage, Funkmuffindairies, Crapmuffindairies, Crapmuffins, F*ckmuffins, Sh*tmuffins. I've also cursed with using only gibberish.

Posted

I've made it a habit to not swear. I occasionally slip, but I'm good at avoiding doing so. When I do slip, it's almost always damn or hell.

Posted

... I don't see damn and hell as curses.

Posted

Damn and hell are both biblical, so they shouldn't be considered swearing.

Also, I'm 13 and my dad lets me watch....well it rhymes with "corn".

Posted

Damn and hell are both biblical, so they shouldn't be considered swearing.

Also, I'm 13 and my dad lets me watch....well it rhymes with "corn".

I'm 18, and I can't stand that crap. It's stupid disgusting and pointless. DX

@DragonSovereign: Well, perhaps you should talk with your parents to see their side of the story. Perhaps you can ask about being allowed to continue your abridged series, then after a while, ask for limited access of youtube again.

Posted

Damn and hell are cursing in its fullest form. If you say "damn him to hell!" you're cursing him :/

You should respect your parents' wishes.

Posted

Okay, well I understand where my parents are coming from as well as about flagged videos. I've also tried to see if I could watch videos on the condition that they view said video and screen it before I view it (ie, if a new video pops up from one of the users I'm subscribed too) but they didn't want any part of that. I barely swear and even during the rare occurrences when I do I censor it. I understand that some of you think I'm showing my parents no respect but this makes no sense in my opinion, and normally I go along with what my parents want. Also, I added the 'you're an idiot' option on the poll.

Posted

That's bit harsh for the love of god

Posted

One solution would be you would promise to not have a youtube account, making it impossible for you to watch flagged videos. However that would also cause you to stop making your videos, so it's not that great of a solution :\

Also, I'm 16 and my 12-year old brother has cursed in front of my parents more than I have. Though I do say damn and hell around friends and on the internet occasionally. However, "damn, I just dropped my pick in the soundhole -.-" is about as bad as it gets.