Savanti A. Romero's Night of the Living Dead

8 posts in this topic

Posted

***Note***

Due to a copyright snaffu on the part of George A. Romero, anybody can write a version of his cult hit without having to pay royalties. That in mind I present my Vision of the Romero Classic

Night of the Living Dead

Chapter One: Death at a Funeral

Barbra looked out the window, mesmerized as the green hills rolled by. “Come on damn it!

Posted

Great work Savanti, of course... The original movie was much better because I helped write it because I'm so awesome. Still, nice job. c: Can't wait to see the next part.

The moment I saw the topic, I was all... "I swear... >:C If he doesn't include the 'They're coming to get you Barbara' part, I'm going to bite the carp out of him."

Posted

Great work Savanti, of course... The original movie was much better because I helped write it because I'm so awesome. Still, nice job. c: Can't wait to see the next part.

The moment I saw the topic, I was all... "I swear... >:C If he doesn't include the 'They're coming to get you Barbara' part, I'm going to bite the carp out of him."

Of course I included that line, I love saying it.

It's inspired by three versions of the film, 1968 one, 1990 one (my favorite) and a smidge from the detestable 2006 "3D" one.

Posted

I never watched the 1990 one, thought it was just a color remake of the first... I never knew there was a 3D film either.

Posted

I never watched the 1990 one, thought it was just a color remake of the first... I never knew there was a 3D film either.

Actually there were several differences between the 68 and 90's versions. Chief among them was that Barbara was a much stronger character who becomes quite a badass by the end.

Posted

Oh, I see. o: Badass women are hot.

Posted

Oh, I see. o: Badass women are hot.

Heck yeah they are. I still have a poster of Jill Valentine (RE: Nemesis Movie) on my wall.

Posted

Chapter Two: The Farmhouse

Ben and Barbara were exhausted as they neared the secluded farmhouse. As the house drew closer the lights turned on and a shot rang out through the stillness. "We're alive!" Ben shouted. "Are you bit?" A male voice shouted. "What?" Ben asked looking at Barbara. "The sickness or whatever it is is transfered through bites." "No we are not bit." Ben shouted.

The front door opened and the two weiry survivors staggered inside. As they walked in a young man kept a steady lock on them with a shotgun. "I said we're fine, now get that gun outta my face!" Ben said pushing the barrel away. "Sorry guy, can't be to careful. especially with those things out there." the young man said in a thick Boston accent. "Names Tommy, that's Judy my girlfriend." he said nudging his head back to an attractive young blonde. "This your place?" Barb asked. "No it's mine." a voice announcedfrom above. "I'm Henry, and you are?" he asked. "I'm Ben and this is Barbara." Ben said. "Well welcome to our group you two." Henry said ascending the stairs.

"It's alright my dears, you can come out." Henry said rapping on a closet door. From inside two people emerged, a woman and a young girl. "This is my wife Helen and my daughter Karen." Henry bent over and looked at Karen. "How about you go get these fine folks some food honey." he said smiling. The girl nodded and scampered off. "She's mute." Henry said.

Henry and Barb tried to be courteous but the hunger they experienced made them as ravenous as the monsters who were staggering around their world. "You hear anything from the TV?" Barb asked. "We tried but the satellites must be down." Tommy said. "What about radio?" Ben asked. "Same thing, just static."

Bored by the conversing of grownups, Karen walked into the livingroom and sat in front of the TV, a 32 inch flatscreen which looked strangely out of place in a rural farmhouse. Crossing her fingers she switched it on, hoping for Spongebob she was dismayed when a press conference was all she could get. "Is that the TV." Henry said from the other room.

As they entered a press conference was going on the words "Live from Washington DC" situated in the upper left corner of the screen.

A short man wearing a crumpled suit, his hair tossled approached the podium, the words "Centers for Disease Control" on the wall behind him. "Good evening, I am Marvin Hampshire Director of the CDC I will answer as many questions as I can." He pointed to the audience. "Yes?"

"The President madeva comment earlier that this was the beginning of a terrorist attack, is that still the consensus?" "No, that statement was made hours ago, before we knew what we know now." Marvin said. "And what is that?" another reporter asked. "That similar events are occuring elsewhere." Marvin answered. "Where?" the reporter asked. "Everywhere, Reports are coming in from Embassy's in Europe, Asia, Africa and Mexico of the dead returning to life and attacking the living."

As the group watched in silence, A soldier walked over and spoke in Marvin's ear. "I have just been informed that the Quarantine zone has been breeched and we must evacuate immediately."

As Marvin made his way off stage a shriek echoed through the hall. "There here!" someone shouted. "Open fire!" a soldier shouted. As shots rang out, the camera toppled over.

Henry grabbed the remote and turned the TV off.