ATTN: SAHAQIEL

29 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

How do you pronounce your screen name?

I would pronounce it Sa-ha-keel

Padraig would pronounce it Sa-ha-kee-ehl

Edited by Teto (see edit history)

Posted

I think it's the second, "Sa-ha-kee-ehl". Now I'm curious what he's going to answer :)

Posted

I always did it sa ha cue el

Posted

I think in all the time I've known him... I've pronounced it both as "Sa-ha-quell" and "Sa-ha-keel".

I'm alright if I'm pronouncing it incorrectly though... It sounds badass when I say it AND he mispronounced my name on NATIONAL Xbox-liveness.

Posted

I used to pronounce it "Shaquiel" as in O'neal. I pronounce it "sa-ha-keel". Or I would if I ever said it aloud.

Posted

Sa ha quell is usually how I pronounce it. Though, Sa ha keel is fine too.

Posted

lol. Great, a new mystery of the internet. I thought I was the only one who was confused of how to pronounce his screen name.

Posted (edited)

Sa ha quell is usually how I pronounce it. Though, Sa ha keel is fine too.

Same here, unless I'm aware that I'm going to be saying his name... I'll try to get it as close as I can. I'm pretty certain it's not Sa-ha-quell... If I remember correctly, he doesn't like it when it's pronounced that way. sweat.gif

EDIT: Oh well... I bet a lot of you mispronounce MY EASY-LOOKING name.

Edited by Vio Milanor (see edit history)

Posted

For you I switch between "vie-oh" or "vee-oh" xD I really suck with people's names.

Posted

Well, it's "Vie-Oh", assuming that 'Vi' rhymes with 'dye'. o:

A lot of people get it wrong, actually. |D I swear muffindairies, when I was first mentioned in a show of 'The Windmill Hut' from the owner http://destinedhero.com/, it was pronounced "Vee-Oh." You could probably find a podcast, I'll go get it for you. There's no need to listen to it or anything, but it'll be there.

You'd have to be patient with listening to the whole thing, or searching through it. I, myself, had trouble finding the second time my name was mentioned.

http://destinedhero.com/thewindmillhut/download.php?view.238 - There's the specific episode.

Posted

Also, alot of people pronounce my name T-eh-toe or T-ee-toe. It's T-ay-toe, by the way.

If you are a nice enough human being to have seen Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, you would pronounce it correctly.

Posted

That is actually one of the Miyazaki films I have yet to see. I feel bad about that, too. lol I think I've seen just about every other Miyazaki film besides that one.

Posted

If you want the right pronounciation of Saha's handle, check out Neon Genesis Evangelion. One of the "angels" they fight is named Sahaqiel, and if I'm not mistaken shares the same name as an angel in Christian lore/history/whatever.

Sa-ha-keel (this is what I used just to double-check: http://text-to-speech.imtranslator.net/)

Posted

I alway pronounced it as Sa-ha-keel as well.

Posted

Also, alot of people pronounce my name T-eh-toe or T-ee-toe. It's T-ay-toe, by the way.

If you are a nice enough human being to have seen Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, you would pronounce it correctly.

And I thought I was stupid for pronouncing it that way. |D I've never seen Nausicaa but I just always pronounced it as T-ay-toe... Back then. Of course, I thought I was pronouncing it wrong so I started using "T-ee-toe."