Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

THEM CROOKED VULTURES

20 posts in this topic

Posted

OK. SO. I RECENTLY FOUND OUT THAT JOSH HOMME(of Qotsa, Eodm, Kyuss, and various other), JOHN PAUL JONES (of Led Zeppelin), AND DAVE GROHL (of Nirvana, Qotsa, Foo Fighters and various other) HAVE TEAMED UP TO MAKE A SUPER GROUP OF HARD ROCK, THE LIKES OF WHICH THE WORLD HAS NEVER SEEN! ITS ORGASMICAL. HOLY poo GUYS.

so they've got a teaser trailer of their song "nobody loves me and neither do I" on youtube, its 14 seconds. Heres the link. there's also a bunch of live performances of their other songs, and an album is expected soon but no release date.

check that, its either october 23rd or october 28th.

double check, its officially november 17th for america/canada. which makes me angry, because it could totally be out by now.

also, here's their single http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7_vH3H8LPI, which I personally think they put out just to mess with our heads.

and here's a teaser for

that makes me hate and love them at the same time. I hope theres a full video for it, those dancing skeletons are pretty BA.

so now, the song Mind eraser, no chaser is up for FREE DOWNLOAD on itunes. No strings attached. just go on itunes store and download it. Sucks for me because I already preorded the album, but you know. Currently theres a debate over who wrote it.

AWRIGHT THE ENTIRE GODDAM ALBUM IS UP ON YOUTUBE THIS IS NUTS!!! I'd post a link but... its youtube...

so, instead, here's a track list. if you want to hear the album verision just type in "-name- album version." lol.

1. "No One Loves Me & Neither Do I" 5:10

2. "Mind Eraser, No Chaser" 4:07

3. "New Fang" 3:49

4. "Dead End Friends" 3:15

5. "Elephants" 6:50

6. "Scumbag Blues" 4:26

7. "Bandoliers" 5:42

8. "Reptiles" 4:16

9. "Interlude with Ludes" 3:45

10. "Warsaw or the First Breath You Take After You Give Up" 7:50

11. "Caligulove" 4:55

12. "Gunman" 4:45

13. "Spinning in Daffodils" 7:28

ripped directly from wikipedia, so you know its good.

Posted

That's pretty cool.

I like this teaser.

But I'm moving this to entertainment zone.

Sahaqiel

Posted

well i dont like it u stupid emo

Posted

Are you an idiot? He just said it was hard rock.

Music titles can be very misleading.

Stop stereotyping what you don't understand.

Actually, just stop stereotyping.

Sahaqiel

Posted

well i dont like it u stupid emo

what the puppy, did you just call the complete works of josh homme, john paul jones, and dave grohl EMO?

Posted

It's because of the title of the teaser.

And because, I suspect, he is an idiot.

Sahaqiel

Posted

ah. I can see how both of those factors can lead to the conclusion he made. One other factor we both failed to mention would be listening to the other samples on youtube, would it not?

Posted

these 'super-group' projects rarely work well, with the exception of perhaps dream theatre and the G3.

Posted

these 'super-group' projects rarely work well, with the exception of perhaps dream theatre and the G3.

yeah, but I've heard their stuff live. it sounds pretty good.

Posted

thanks for the link

Posted

are you a fan of TCV?

Posted

They sound really good actually. Very Zeppelinish. JPJ really made his mark. at least it's not a solo career. Poor great musicians never learn. . . I often wish that Eric Clapton's solo career totally bombed so that people can't use him as an example of a great musician who broke off from his band and reigned somewhat supreme. I never understood it.

Posted

well I actually dont know too much about eric clapton's solo career. just how eargasmical is it?

Posted

It's considered to be the best solo career ever.