Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

my new hyrule character...

23 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't really think the picture's that bad. Especially since he's about at the same point I was at his age with drawing. I was eying Rugrats characters off the television and copying sailor moon VHS covers. That's how I started out, and I think copying and eying characters is how we start to learn how to draw things. If he keeps at it, he will get better over time.

Posted (edited)

I don't see where it announces Spiko's name. o.o

I'll go check through old posts... Apparently, I've been drawing since I was in diapers. o:

Edited by Vio Milanor (see edit history)

Posted

lol. I'm just saying, you can tell he's young. He's probably just gotten into middle school or he's close to it, and pictures he's drawing are things that I'd be proud of at his age. It may not be perfectly proportioned and the photo may not be clear, but it's not absolutely awful or anything. I think he did a good job getting his character down, even if he did eye a pose from the original artwork, it isn't a crime to use a pose for learning purposes.

Posted

There's nothing even bad about using poses and references. o.o They're both close friends of an artist.

Posted

You're right on that one. I actually had to look up a few Zora before I drew mine, and even though she's pretty different you can tell I got most of my ideas from TP, and the 'hair style' from the queen of the Zoras, as well as the brow and eye markings. I may make up poses for people, but I won't lie and tell you I don't look at multiple photo references for the ones I find more complicated.

I guess my overall message is: Keep drawing, Spiko. Don't let people get you down with harsh comments. The only person that can make you stop drawing and stop feeling inspired to draw is yourself, nobody else. I think if you keep going, keep your mind open to good, honest critique, and evolve your style into something memorable, you'll do well and leave a good impression on people in the future.

Posted

I don't see where it announces Spiko's name. o.o

I'll go check through old posts... Apparently, I've been drawing since I was in diapers. o:

that doesnt tell us anything you could be 11 and still in diapers

Posted

XD Nicely done then...

Mmkay, I've been drawing roughly since I was a yooooooooung tot.

Posted

Holy-

Well, let's see.

The hair looks like it's trying to imitate manga, and doesn't succeed, it looks flat and doesn't look exciting enough. The back arm defies the laws of physics, it doesn't look real, goodness gracious knows where the front hand is.

all in all, E-.

Poor.

Must try harder next time.

Indeedly, or Padraig will eat you.