Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you think Ocarina of Time: Master Quest is hard?

23 posts in this topic

Posted

For all the people who have played both versions of the game, lets compare.
Discuss.

--------

[b][size="4"]Some tips and tricks in Master Quest for everyone.[/size][/b]

[b]Skip the Water Temple[/b]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHDDGuYCIgo

[b]Skip the Forest Temple[/b]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjjc6JaDybE

Posted

Well, it's definately hard[i]er[/i].

Yeah, I'd say it's kind of hard. Especially when you spend an hour or two running around the dungeon to find a key that turns out to have been in an invisible chest in an obscure location.

Posted

Yes. I can't find one key in the Fire Temple. Then my data erased. :( Haven't tried since.

Posted

[quote name='Young Link Addict' date='05 September 2009 - 02:48 PM' timestamp='1252124309' post='251259']
Yes. I can't find one key in the Fire Temple. Then my data erased. :( Haven't tried since.
[/quote]

Yeah, I think I know what key your talking about, I spent about 2 hours looking for it..then I gave up and looked at a walkthrough.
It seems like Master Quest has other changes to it, like you will notice small changes or additions including dialog, animation and Sound Effects.

But the pretty funny thing about MQ is you can entirely skip the water temple. And that is the hardest temple in both games =P

Posted

Huh. o.o
I thought it was about the same as OoT.
Hah, loved that you can skip the water temple. |D

Posted

It's as hard as you want it to be ;D

Posted

Yeah, I thought it was really hard. I seriously couldn't get past Jabu-Jabu's belly. I'm sure I could've finished it, but we didn't have it for very long (I borrowed it from a friend) and I didn't have time to really get into it.

Posted

I thought it was possible to skip the water temple on both games to be perfectly honest.. Although I'd feel particularly hollow if I beat the game by missing a temple or two.

Master Quest is a damn sight harder than Ocarina of Time, but only for it's odd moment of "AAAARRRRGGHHHH", certain elements had me stuck for weeks, but it eases it in gently, everything for young link seems harder (and the layouts really confuse you if you've played the original too much), but doable, probably feeling more different than hard. However, there's a couple of things in the adult link temples that really force you to think on your head. There was something as simple as hookshoting onto a torch through a wall of fire (meaning you could barely see the torch) in the fire temple and for some reason the eyes that open, close and shoot fire at you really confused me in the shadow temple (I thought you needed to hit them when they were open, which was impossible, because they didn't open when you were looking at them and if you aimed when they were open, there was fire after you)

But I feel really proud that I managed to beat the whole game without ever reverting to a walkthrough (mind you, I got close) and without skipping anything.

P.S. Wow, wall of text for my first post in a while...

Posted

[quote name='Gingerlink' date='05 September 2009 - 09:58 PM' timestamp='1252150095' post='251350']
Insert Really Long Paragraph From Above
[/quote]

Wow that is a long reply.
Well I have just started playing Master Quest, I know Ocarina of Time back to front and inside out So I thought I better try the Master Quest.
I must agree with you about the layout issues, I was stumped for about half an hour in Dodongo's Cavern because you practically do it backwards. And knowing you can skip 2 temples is REALLY REALLY Tempting seeing as they are really annoying temples but then again, not having to do them would make me feel guilty as well. I haven't used a Walkthrough so far, but I am only up to the second dungeon so I'll see how I go.

Posted

It's not all that dissimilar from the normal OoT. It did take a while to figure out the dungeons that were different but all in all it was about the same.

Posted

I don't tuink it was really all that much harder. Like everyone has said before me its really just the layouts and small changes that made it seem more difficult. I think they're both about the same difficulty and that whichever one you play first will seem like the "easier" one because thats the one you're used to.

Posted

I didn't know you could skip temples. How do you do that?

Posted

frankly, I want to see a windwaker master quest. more dungeons with harder monsters and what not. I can play through that entire game with only three hearts easy. In fact I've done it. twice. not very hard.

Posted

I gave up during the shadow temple.

Posted

[quote name='Jikklop Byrne' date='05 September 2009 - 02:13 AM' timestamp='1252134804' post='251332']
Yeah, I thought it was really hard. I seriously couldn't get past Jabu-Jabu's belly. I'm sure I could've finished it, but we didn't have it for very long (I borrowed it from a friend) and I didn't have time to really get into it.
[/quote]
Glad I'm not the only one -.- .