Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Nintendo Wii gets 10th spot in IGN's top 25 systems of all time

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Recently, IGN has been listing their picks for the top 25 video game consoles of all time. It seems the Nintendo Wii has found a nice spot at number ten.

"A technology geek to the end, I had greatly anticipated the arrival of high-definition consoles, so when Nintendo chose to stay conservative with Wii's graphics, I wasn't sure what to think of the system. I remember finally getting it, though. Not with Metroid Prime 3: Corruption -- I played it early on and the controls still needed work -- but with Wii Sports bowling. So simple. So effortless. So much flippin' fun! Nintendo had talked blue and red oceans, ranted on about expanded audiences, and it was all gibberish. But rolling that virtual bowling ball with a realistic flick of the wrist felt so incredibly natural that I didn't want to put the Wii remote down. That was when I finally understood what the company really hoped to achieve with the console."

– Matt Casamassina, Editor-in-Chief, IGN Nintendo Team

Check out the rest of the article here, and also take notice at the Super Nintendo and the NES. They were fourth place and first place, respectively.

How do you feel knowing that all of Nintendo's consoles made the top ten?

Edited by Lionheart (see edit history)

Posted

I don't put much stock in IGN. The Nintendo 64 should have been much higher up on the list.

Posted (edited)

well the magnavox odessey did come last, but it has the coolest name by far.

I don't put much stock in IGN. The Nintendo 64 should have been much higher up on the list.

my generation grew up with this console, and i agree it should have been higher :unsure:

Edited by LDGM (see edit history)

Posted

Eh, yeah I was put off when they put the PS3 at 15. Xbox 360 at 6 is a joke, IGN seriously screwed up on that.

Posted

Only 10th?

Oh well. :P

At least it is the most selling console at the moment.