You in Hyrule

58 posts in this topic

Posted

This RPG is set in OoT, and you are your character. When you arive in Hyrule, you find a weapon (your choice) waiting for you. Fight monsters, meet Link, anything (except for declaring yourself Hero of Time and killing Ganondorf). You must decide if you will join Ganon, or rebel with the Hylians against him. You start anywhere you like, Lon-Lon ranch, Kakariko Village, Zora River, whatever. When you join, please describe yourself with these points. You can write in 1st person like 'I ran down the tunnel, my arms pumping' or 3rd person 'The man ran down the tunnel, his arms pumping'.

Please no more than 7 posts.

Name: (You don't have to use your real name)

Apearance: Clothes styles, hair color, any scars

Personality: (Likes, dis-likes, thoughts that you think a lot) Optional

Training: (Did you have Karate or Kung-foo clases?) Optional

1st person or 3rd person (Please choose)

Special Abilitie: The Hyrulian air and gravity, lack of engine polution react with your body and grant to a 'super power'. No 'invinvible', 'I can transform into a god' though. Something like enhanced strength, gliding short distances, conjure up a sword, small stuff like that.

Heres mine.

Name: Seth Mann

Apearance: Longish Blond Hair, green eyes, blue tee-shirt, blue cut up jeans

Personality: Loyal, reckless, likes Italian food, fights

Training: Basic Karate moves

3rd person

Special Abilitie: Enhanced speed

Seth stumbled out of the portal awkwardly, dazed at what had happened. He had tripped into a glowing 'door', and laded in this field. The teenager looked around, afraid. He saw a river to his left, and a tall stone building in front of him. Seth ran toward it, hoping some people their could tell him where he was. He knew it would take a few minutes to reach it, but he tried to run faster anyway. Suddenly, he was going faster, almost like a race car now. There was wind in his face, and Seth was exhilarated. He reached the stone building, and he realized it was some sort of ranch. He couldn't read the sign, the language was unknown to him. Seth went inside. He saw horses and stalls, and a red-haired girl, about his age standing next to a horse, stroking it's mane. He walked up to the girl.

"Hello, I'm Seth." he said. "Where am I?"

"Why, Hyrule of course, and this is Lon-Lon Ranch." said the girl. "I'm Malon. Why are you wearing such strange garments? And why do you have a sword?"

Seth raised his eyebrows. "What are you talking about, strange clothes? And what sword?" He reached to scratch his back and felt a leather strip. He ran his fingers up the strip and found a sword hilt. He drew the long, blue jeweled sword. "Whoa, where'd this come from?"

"Eeek!" cried Malon, holding up her hands in a defensive gesture. "Put that weapon away!"

He stuck the sword back in his holster. "Where's the nearest city?"

"Kakiriko Village. It's in the west."

"Thanks."

Seth left the frightened girl and headed toward the west.

Posted

ok this seems cool. so i'll join.

Name: Spencer

Appearance: tall, shaggy brown hair, blue eyes, green t-shirt, long blue jeans

Personality:

Training: fought with play swords with friends

3rd person

Special Ability: can fly in the air for a few minutes.

Spencer was standing at the bus stop, when someone was running at him. Once Spencer saw him it was too late, the stranger punched Spencer so hard, it knocked him out.

-------------------------------

When he woke up he was in a ranch, he couldn't see but he heard cows and horses. When he opened his eyes he saw a girl standing over him. "Where am I?" Spencer asked. "Your the second person I've met today that's asked that." the girl said helping him up "My name's Malon, and this is Lon-Lon ranch in Hyrule." "My name's Spencer" he said "but did you say second person?" Spencer asked Malon "Yes," Malon replied "he was about our age, almost same cloths as you but with a green shirt, he left but an hour a go to Kakariko Village." "Ok, where is Kakariko village?" Spencer asked "To the west." "Thanks. Nice meeting you." "Bye" Spencer started running, when he came out he saw a field out in front of him. He ran to the west like Malon said.

((Here's a not-so good picture of my sword))

Sword.bmp

Posted

Name: brett ploss

Apearance: blue jeans hiking boots and a black teeshirt

Personality:friendly,except to evil,loyal to good,likes midevil and the orient

Training: took some katate, plays dagorhir [a sword fighting game where you fight with foam weapons]

1st person or 3rd person 1st

Special Abilitie: enhanced hearing

Posted

Seth looked around, amazed at the strange Kakiriko Village. He had reached it in a couple minutes, thanks to this new-found power, speed. There was a woman with orange hair chasing a couple chicken-things.

"You need help getting your chickens? Ma'am?" asked Seth.

The woman raised her eyebrows and said, "Chickens? These are Cucoos! Yes, I would like some help getting them back. May I ask something of you?"

"Sure. Shoot."

"Shoot? Well, what happened to your ears? Did someone cut part off? Oh, and my name, is Anju."

"What? What's wrong with my ears? Look at yours! They're,... ah... spiky! Like an elf's!" said Seth. He shook his head and said, "Well, I'll help you get those birds of yours."

Seth used his increased speed directly toward a so-called Cucoo. At the last moment, it flew into the air, and the teen crashed into a wall. He yelped, and rubbed his face, irratated. Seth went slower this time, and when the cucoo took to the sky, he was able to jump and grab it. He put it back in Anju's pen. He caught a few more, then he moved on. Seth stopped by the well, and peered down into it. It had a ladder, and, on impulse, he climbed down. There was nothing down there, except for some rubble. He climbed back up, and went into a shop. Inside there was a man selling bread, and he bought a little with the strange jewels he had found in the grass, and under rocks. Rupees, the shopkeeper called them. The bread was rather bland, but he ate it all.

Seth had been in the village exploring roughly an hour, when a kid, about his age, ran into the town. He was dressed like Seth in the same Earth style, and he had a sword. Seth walked up to him.

"Hey, dude." said Seth. "What's your name? Where'd ya come from? You look like an Earth kid, like me." He fingered his ears. "See? They aren't pointy!"

Posted

[do we have to act like we have no clue about hyrule?]

Posted

Name:vice

Appearance:wearing a thick blue vest over a thinner and longer green vest, blond unstyled hair

Training:basic street fighting and skatebording

3rd person

Special Ability:kinetic ability's (tele/pyro/geo/aqua/electro/gyro(gavity)/chrono/magna kenisis) and infinite stamina

vice was falling from the sky, he didn't know why but that didn't matter right now. the only thing he could think of was to stop falling, right when he was about to hit the ground he screamed "STOP!" after a while he thought to himself "what's taking so long?" he opened his eyes to see himself floating a few inches above the ground, then immediately fell on his face "what just happened? aw forget it first i should find out what's going on and where am i" he said to himself

he saw a girl walking by and just as he was about to ask her something she said "hyrule and kakariko village is that way" pointing to the west (he didn't have a compass but he felt like it was west) "actually i was going to ask your name but thanks" he said, walking to the west. "my names malon, i work at lonlon ranch over there, you should stop by sometime!" "thanks i just mighte, see ya" he said already out of earshot. "man there has been a lot of traffic today" malon thought to herself

Posted

[do we have to act like we have no clue about hyrule?]

((guess so))

Bic: "My name's Spencer," he replied "and what do you mean by pointy ears?"

((Before I go on I would like to know how much we can control another character? I don't want to get yelled at, again))

1st person

vice was falling from the sky, he didn't know why

that's 3rd person

Posted

sorry i have trouble remembering :P here i'll change it

as vice was walking through hyrule field he thought to himself "man this field is huge it'll take hours to cross" suddenly a few pebbles flew by his face "go away you weirdo!" said the kid throwing the pebbles. suddenly the kid threw a rock (about the size of a fist) directly at vice who immediately flinched when it got too close"...huh?" said vice as the rock stopped right in front of his face. he poked it and it suddenly exploded into a puff of stone dust "AHH A MONSTER!!!" said the kid who threw said rock as he ran in terror "what the?" said vice as he looked down at the pile of dust at his feet. he focused on the rock the same way he did when the kid threw it at him and it returned to its original form, he focused on it the way he focused on the ground when he was falling and, to his surprise, it started floating! "holy crap!" said vice looking more closely at the rock "wait a sec... i got an idea!" he said looking at a large rock that vaguely resembled what you would think a hoverbord would look like. he grabbed it and focussed on it the same way as the rock, and it started floating! "aw cool!" said vice standing on it and willing it to move forward (witch it did ;) "now I'll get there in no time flat!" he said excitedly.

Posted

You shouldn't really make the other person's character talk, unless you have permission. If your character asks another's to follow, I think it should be alright if you make that character follow. And I'm not going to yell at anyone.

On to the RPG.

Seth said, "Well, Spencer, haven't you noticed all the people here have long, elf ears? You haven't noticed? Well, how'd ya get here? I just remeber tripping into a weird portal thing."

He looked around. "Well, see ya, Spencer."

Posted

i was playing portal when i fired a portal under my character when i fell through my floor into a ranch. i stood up and looked around and saw a girl with pointed ears i walked up to her and opened my mouth to ask her where i was she cut me off and said "your in lonlon ranch go west to find kakario vilige." i stood there stunned then asked "are you a mind reader?" she said no iv just had a lot of visitors today." i thanked her and left when i got to hyrule field i noticed i had a sword at my side.

[are we in young link hyrule? or teen link?]

Posted

We're in Teen Link's time, unless everybody wants Young Link's.

Seth wanted answers. He decided to go out to the field and explore. In the field, he used his strange speed thing again, and headed toward a tall castle. It looked run-down, but he went inside anyway. Seth jumped over the damaged bridge and looked around the village square he had found. It was the definition of destruction and 'go away, this is scary!', and Seth walked around, shivering. He saw another exit, and he proceeded carefully. He didn't even know what he was doing here, walking ever where he pleased. THere was a huge floating castle over a lava lake, and Seth was about to turn back, when an invisible force tugged at him, and it pulled him inside the dark, foreboding structure.

"Aaahhh!" Seth cried, helplessly. "What's happening?"

"You have been recruited, Seth of Dallas, Texas." said a shadow, which morphed into a teen about seventeen, well-built, wearing a black tunic, pale skin, grayish hair, and a sword and shield. The shadow person laughed. "I'm Dark Link. You have been chosen to help Ganondorf, King of Evil, Master of Dark Magic, take over Hyrule, and wipe out those infernal Hylians."

Seth gulped.

Posted

vice was almost to a bridge when suddenly a bunch of strange goblin type things jumped in front of him "excuse me, is there a problem?" said vice with a somewhat grossed out expression on his face "you have been invited to the lord of darkness's castle, follow me pleas" said the goblinish thing "um i think I'll take a rain check" said vice hesitantly "oh but you don't have a choice!" said the goblinish thing, throwing a small seed on the ground. the next thing he knew vice was chained to a wall with a strange green man with red hair staring at him "so glad you can join us vice, i am gannondorf lord of darkness!" said the man "ok thats nice to know, how did you know my name!?" vice said angrily "oh that is quite simple, i am the one who summoned you here" "why?" said vice "why, to help me conquer this land of course!" said the man, turning his back to vice "ok that would explain that whole lord of evil thing, I'm sad to say it but i don't think I'm gonna be able to help you" said vice "and why exactly is that?" said gannondorf, now turning around to face vice "cause i'm not evil" said vice standing on the hoverbaord/rock that for some reason the goblins brought into the cell with him, holding two fireballs in his hands while the former chains that bound him to the wall smoldered on the floor as a blob of red hot steel "catch!" said vice, throwing the fireballs, witch missed gannondorf completely "haha you should really work on your aim child, those didn't even come close to hitting me!" said gannondorf "i wasn't aiming at you" replied vice. gannondorf looked behind him to see the pillars holding his side of the roof up come crumbling down creating a large pile of rubble witch buried him "you should be faster on your feet!" said vice, climbing over the pile of rubble and trying to find the exit. after several minutes of searching he finally found the exit, only to find a tall gray haired man, about 18, in his way "take this!" said vice punching the man in the back of the head, witch quickly knocked him out "you ok?" he said to a boy, about his age standing in front of where the gray haired man once stood

Posted

"Yes," said Seth, annoyed. "I was about to get him myself."

He walked over to the remains of the room Ganondorf was in. "Man, do you have 'big BOOOM' powers or somethin'?"

He drew his sword and experamently slashed a Goblinish thing. It fell to the ground, and it disarpeered in a puff of purple smoke. Weird. thought Seth. Another one popped up in front of him.

"How dare you strike down a Bokoblin!" said the monster. "You aren't even the Hero of Time!"

Now they were getting somewhere. Seth wanted information of this weird place. "And who is the Hero of Time, might I ask Mr. Bokoblin?"

"The Hero of Time is Link!" spat the creature. "You know, brat kid, blond hair, little older than you. Now get away, let me kill you!"

Seth jumped back expecting an attack. He cut througn the Bokoblin's body with the sword like a knife through butter. This monster evaporated in purple smoke as well.

Posted

[there were bobkin in oot?]

Posted

(apparently, i always thought they were called moblins though)

"you don't by chance know how we got here,and exactly where here is, do you?" said seth "no clue, but some guy who called himself gannondorf said, and i quote "oh that is quite simple, i am the one who summoned you here" later i asked why and then he said "why, to help me conquer this land of course!" anyway i think know someone who can answer the where part, follow me if you think you can keep up!" said vice hopping back on his floating rock "i don't think that'll be a problem" said seth