Can Link Talk?

30 posts in this topic

Posted

^ True.

Link just doesn't talk much.

He always travels alone, unless Navi / Midna is there. But than never talks for fun.

Oh well, it's up to us self and Nintendo self. :P

Image Link as you like. :)

Posted

meh, prehaps he just has halitosis

Posted

Lol, is this thread serious?

Yes, Link can talk. He's just a "mute hero" meaning that you never hear him speak. Nintendo did this intentionally to allow you, as the player, to connect more with Link and essentially be Link in the game. It's your game, you're the hero. Link says what you would say.

Posted

^ Exactly. That's what I was trying to explain.

Posted

Haha actually a good question.. but I don't want Link to speak, ..it would, like I already read in this forum, a lot....

Link is the great hero, silent: no words, action! When an evil being comes he's not going to talk about the weather ..

and iI agree with the posts that nintendo didn't do this on purpose, you would lose a lot of imagination...

just look on how many ZELDA and LINK movies there are, suposing they are in love..; why ruin this ideas?

if link encounters zelda and sais ' damn, you're hot", it would ruin a lot ^^

He does yes or no with his head , sometimes smiles, sometimes a scared look...

" a picture says more than a thousand words"

Anyway in TP he growls and make other wolf noises ... so he " can" talk in certain way hehe

Posted

he is just another hylian ,but with A VERY THICK ACCENT

Posted

well in ww he talks to that statue and says come or somthing dosnt he?

Posted

I have no clue I am just taking my first post from a youtube clip. :wacko::linkblink:

Posted

Link talks, he's not mute in any form. Though his speech isn't literally shown or heard, it's implied through in-game text.

Posted

I think he can talk but I like the way nintendo make him not talk so often...:embarrassed:

Posted

In WindWaker he says "(bleep)" when he is knocked to the ground.

that's not right for a ten-year-old.

Posted

I enjoy the fact that we can't hear or see what Link is saying or thinking. It adds a little extra charm to the Zelda series, as well as some mysteries.

Posted

it would be kind of funny if link is fighting a boss and says COME HERE YOU BIG UGLY BEAST!!!!

Posted

In Wind Waker, Link also says "Huh?" After he puts in the last pearl, before the statue explodes and send him flying.

Posted

Link does speak, I've seen it happen in Hyrule Warriors. Though I don't remember what he said, it has been forever since I last played it. But if anyone else owns Hyrule Warriors for Wii U, I guarantee going to the first level and looking for his little speech. (There's only one moment where Link talks for all I know.)

Knuckle likes this