Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Twilight Princess, shieldless Link ^^

14 posts in this topic

Posted

Hy guys!!

first of all, wonderfull website...great work!

uhm i WAS actually wondering how it's possible to get Link in Twilight Princes carrying only his sword on his back

you know, without his shield... I've seen some pictures and fan videos of this..

and actually it looks ( according to me) cooler, for changing sometimes...

of course, when I arrive at the end, I'll carry my shield ^^

But could anyone tell me how they managed to get " rid" of the shield :P I'm just very curious ^^

I'd be glad to receive some info by people who maybe already finished TP several times ( it's my first...)

sorry for the eventual grammar errors^^

greetings from Belgium!

Posted

Hy guys!!

first of all, wonderfull website...great work!

sorry for the eventual grammar errors^^

greetings from Belgium!

Belgium! :o

Dude, I life next to ya! I'm from the Netherlands! :joy:

Tegen mij word ook wel eens gezegd dat ik op mijn grammaticaal Engels moet letten. Maar jah, je kan soms eens grammaticale regels vergeten he. :P Maar je Engels is heel goed hoor. Maak je daar maar geen zorgen om.

Also, thank you, we try to keep this site up to date and add stuff to it if we can. :)

There will come some cool stuff soon I think, since I'm waiting for a Screen Capture device delivery, so I can make Video Reviews/Walktroughs on high quality. :D

--

Anyways, let's get to the point.

I think I know how they did do that.

You need to apply cheats.

With Action Replay (For Gamecube) or Ocarina/Gecko OS (For Wii - requires a way to run Homebrew.)

Than you could make the shield so small that you won't see it anymore. :)

http://virtualcommunity.wikidot.com/forum/t-8395/gcn-twilight-princess-ar-codes-ntsc < Example, Cheats for Gamecube Zelda TP USA (NTSC)

I amuse you are PAL, I just don't know if you wanna use Gamecube or Wii. :P

Or somehow skip the part you gonna get that shield. (Like the Early Master Sword trick, Youtube it. ;) )

Adr990

Posted

couldn't you just burn your wooden shield and not buy a new one?

Posted

Belgium! :o

Dude, I life next to ya! I'm from the Netherlands! :joy:

Tegen mij word ook wel eens gezegd dat ik op mijn grammaticaal Engels moet letten. Maar jah, je kan soms eens grammaticale regels vergeten he. :P Maar je Engels is heel goed hoor. Maak je daar maar geen zorgen om.

Also, thank you, we try to keep this site up to date and add stuff to it if we can. :)

There will come some cool stuff soon I think, since I'm waiting for a Screen Capture device delivery, so I can make Video Reviews/Walktroughs on high quality. :D

--

Anyways, let's get to the point.

I think I know how they did do that.

You need to apply cheats.

With Action Replay (For Gamecube) or Ocarina/Gecko OS (For Wii - requires a way to run Homebrew.)

Than you could make the shield so small that you won't see it anymore. :)

http://virtualcommunity.wikidot.com/forum/t-8395/gcn-twilight-princess-ar-codes-ntsc < Example, Cheats for Gamecube Zelda TP USA (NTSC)

I amuse you are PAL, I just don't know if you wanna use Gamecube or Wii. :P

Or somehow skip the part you gonna get that shield. (Like the Early Master Sword trick, Youtube it. ;) )

Adr990

Thx for the decent reply ( believe me, there are a lot of forums on the net where arrogant jerks are moderators..;)

indeed I'm using PAL version of wii

i'll have a look for gecko OS ^^ i'm like TECHNOLOGY ILLITERATE AND WILL HAV TO

Sorry for that error sweat.gif I don't know how I managed to post an incomplete reply like 5 times suspicious.gif

But you said how I could get my sword...completely invisibkle... do I need to softmod my wii for that?

En trouwens ja, ben van Maasmechelen, hier wonen veel nederlanders ( belgisch limburg)jij?

Greetings from the land of the best beer and chocolate in the world joy.gif

yeah , good idea ^^

but I meant the hyrule shield :P but thx for inspiration , I'll just switch to wood and hope I will have no shield if burnt ^^

Posted

yes

Posted

yes

Ok guyshappy.gif thx a lot for this trick !

Posted

Ok guyshappy.gif thx a lot for this trick !

glad i could help =]

Posted

LINK IS DEFENSELESS FROM BEHIND, NOW! D;

Posted

Yeah, some people (including myself) like ditching shields for challenges, or for the change in appearance.

Posted

if theres a like like in tp i forget its been awhile it will take your shield also i usually do that in oot

Posted

Did you seriously have to reply to a thread over two years old?

Posted

You can skip getting the Ordon Sword and Shield altogether using two difficult tricks.

The first one is after arriving in Ordona Province after becoming a wolf. Instead of going to the village, lure the Bokoblin to the Faron twilight wall. Push him to a certain point, then when he attacks, jump back, attack him, and jump again while he's in mid-air. If done correctly, you will enter Faron twilight without needing to obtain the sword or shield:

Since now you don't have a sword or shield, you will need to obtain the master sword early in order to be able to complete any dungeons. To do this, go to the part of Faron twilight where the second warp portal is and use one of the shadow creatures to jump onto a ledge and jump down to the sacred grove:

Both of these are incredibly difficult and are probably not worth the effort if all you want to do is walk around without a shield. Still, thought they should be brought up :P

EDIT: Getting the master sword early leads to a dead-end which needs more glitches to get around: http://speedruns.wikia.com/wiki/Zelda_Twilight#Early_Master_Sword

Posted

Going through zelda games without shields has always been one of my favorite ways to play the games. I always liked to lose my shield and then go fight ganondorf in TP, and I went through very much of spirit tracks without buying a shield until I accidentally got the hero's one.