Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Time for a change

36 posts in this topic

Posted

I've only dabbled, but I really don't think it's what I have in mind.

It that network marketing?

streamingmovies

Posted

Yes I agree, but I also agree with the people who say it shouldn't be too mature. I think it should be more classic with a long enjoyable storyline.

Posted

My favorite is TP. it's what got me hooked on zelda

My second is MM. still playing through.

but you shouldn't have a mature zelda game

doesn't make sense.

Posted

If you mean Mature, as in an ESRB rating, then I agree. But in the more common sense of the word, it does make sense. In fact, there have been some already.

Posted

a rated M zelda game doesn't make sense.

Posted

I wish the zelda series would be a little darker.

Posted

Legobonez: I know. I said I agreed with you on that. And you're misunderstanding what this discussion is about.

Posted

Well, we can all tell Spirit Tracks will be darker and more actiony because its rated E10+. I hope its awesome!Miyamoto said it himself that ST WILL be harder than the "newer" others (TP, PH, etc.)

Posted

Why do I hear so many people bashing TP? That game was amazing. It was NOT too easy. It was the hardest Zelda I've played so far (with the exception of OoT's Water Temple). Like I've said in another thread, there are three things that decide it's difficulty: The number and length of it's dungeons (9), the length between dungeons (which is pretty long), and how linear it's gameplay is. By linear I mean this: in PH, there were only two objects you could grab on to with the grappling hook: treasure chests and poles, both of which always look the same as every one before it (with slight variation in the chests). And in addition the camera angle was always the same so they always always ALWAYS looked the same. IN TP, there are changing camera angles, and hyper-realistic graphics. Now, the main difference here can be illustrated by an example. What I'm talking about is when you have to use the hawk to grab the cradle from the monkey. There is ABSOLUTELY NO OTHER PLACE IN THE GAME where anything remotely similar happens. It's unique. And TP is littered with 'em. So it takes away the aspect of getting used to certain objects as always being used for a particular function with a particular item. Because very often the game will throw something new at you and you think it's just part of the environment. In reality, though, this object is usually a critical part. Because of this, there is a gigantically bigger range of options available for you in TP than in other Zeldas.

You all stink if you think TP sucked. Lionheart, you said yourself that you would give it an 8/10. How doess THAT mean it sucks? Some people..........

Posted

Okay, I understand now. You just have no idea what difficulty means. That explains it.

Difficulty does not equal length. Difficulty is how hard something is to accomplish.

An 8/10 for a Zelda game is terrible. Zelda is too good of a series to half-ass. If a Zelda gets any less than a 9 by me, I usually say it sucks. For a newcomer to the series, Twilight Princess is definitely an amazing game, but a series veteran knows that better Zelda games have been made.

Posted

The thing about Zelda being in a mature setting is probably due to the fact that the Zelda community was young when they started playing Zelda. How old were we when we played OoT? Six? Seven? Most of the people who play Zelda as far as I see and most members of this site are older than 13 years. With the members of the community maturing, it seems like the game itself should mature with it.

However, OoT and MM were mature games. We couldn't see this when we first played them, but when we go back with the minds we have now we see just how deep the stories are.

Posted

I wonder what the change in the gameplay is going to be. The reports keep saying that the game structure will change alot. So if the basic Zelda formula has been, go to dungeon, retrieve item, beat boss, use newly aquired item to be able to explore new area and continually repeat the process until the end of the game, (which is what makes zelda zelda) what could it possibly be now? I def. think that those elements will still be part of the game in one way or another, but I am excited to think what else they are planning to incorporate into the game.

Posted

Okay, I understand now. You just have no idea what difficulty means. That explains it.

Difficulty does not equal length. Difficulty is how hard something is to accomplish.

An 8/10 for a Zelda game is terrible. Zelda is too good of a series to half-ass. If a Zelda gets any less than a 9 by me, I usually say it sucks. For a newcomer to the series, Twilight Princess is definitely an amazing game, but a series veteran knows that better Zelda games have been made.

Yes, but that is your definition of what difficult means. There are different meanings, actually. And I think you just have expectations that are too high. Yeah, better games have been made, but it was still freakin' awesome. I mean, if you were truly a Zelda fan, you would appreciate any and every Zelda game. THEN you would have favorites and least-favorites. But none that you hate. Because, apparently, you don't hate TP because you said it was great and gave it an 8/10.

Posted

If you want a GOOD, long Zelda game, play Spirit Tracks.

Its WAY better than Twilight Princess. It was way harder, and I enjoyed it more. There were more secrets, unlockables, and more.

TP was long, but it was easy, with very few exceptions. I finished TP in a week, 7 days.

I finished ST in about 9 days, but it was a bit shorter. But, it has puzzles i was stuck on for days!

I was stuck at the Desert Sancuary for days!

Posted

Twilight Princess is the easiest game in the series. It had about two actually challenging puzzles, and no hard enemies.

Sprit Tracks, on the other hand, can be incredibly difficult (though it doesn't really start getting hard until after the Fire Temple.)

And with an insane amount of collectables, you won't finish it very quickly. Clearly the superior game.