Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Thicker than Water

12 posts in this topic

Posted

This Story is about a vampire boy, Issa, that goes on a journey in search of his father, the one who killed his own vampire clan. On the way, he meets a girl, Lin, who is highly energenic, a boy only a year older then Issa, Rayne, the happy-go-lucky one, and a small bunny-like animal named Guin. Even though each of their objectives are completely different, their destinations and pathes merge together. The title, Thicker than Water, is part of a saying. The entire saying is Blood is thicker than water. HERE'S THE STORY EVERYONE!!!

Blood; the fluid that circulates in the principal vascular system of human beings. The red liquid that circulates in every human being, that becomes a deep sea blue once no more flows. Is it possible to ignore such a wonderful thing in human creation? To us vampires, blood is all we have to live for; to feed off of human blood, and if we don’t take all of it, they perhaps live through it. The feeling of sinking your fangs into human flesh is unbearable. Their flesh popping open as the blood gushes out.

I guess you could say that we are monsters, that we have no reason for our murderous attempt to take what humans need most. However, to us, all its like is an animal feeding on another animal. What could possibly be wrong with that? My parents say that everyday I need to feed on a human, but I refuse. I mean, what do vampires take human lives for? The soft sound of the human’s heart beating, it warms up my own heart. I get beaten everyday by my other kin, them telling me to feed everyday.

It almost disgusts me what they are telling me to do, to kill someone, to destroy their soft beating heart, for my appetite. I guess I can’t complain, it is our nature, and my brethren are just caring about my health. Fortunately, I am only half vampire; my mother is human, but my father is a vampire. So thankfully, I have a little more control over my urge to drink then everybody else’s.

I shifted myself on the rock I was sitting on, placing my pale head on my hands. With my other hand, I brushed my Gray white-ish hair out of my eyes and sighed.

“Issa! We’re leaving now! Tell your mother that we left!

Posted

Here's chapter one. In case your wondering, that before was only a prolouge. I hope you all enjoy! Please posts comments!

CHAPTER 1

I stared at the wooden sign, for what seemed to be another language. I saw a woman who was getting out of the village, with a little child’s hand in hers.

“Excuse me, miss!

Posted

This is really good, keep it going cause I'm hooked!

Posted

I love this too!! Keep it going! I love the character's personalities!! PLEASE KEEP WRITING!!! joy.gifbiggrin.gif

Posted

Thank you all! I will try to finish the chapter I am working on now so that you can read it. I am working on it at this very moment! biggrin.gif

Posted

biggrin.gifHere it is, Chapter 2!! YAY! Enjoy!

CHAPTER 2

“Ahh! That was great!

Posted

Chapter 3! I hope you've all been waiting for this moment! It's heart-warming and has action in it! WOOT!

CHAPTER 3

“Give it your best shot, vampire.

Posted

Hey :3

I've read your prologue, and I think maybe you should try to not make his emotions and words so stiff when he finds his entire family dead or just about to die. He'd have more to say than 'Everyone!' when he finds them ((Even a horrified "No!" would suffice)). While a single tear can be symbolic or to show he's tough somehow, any real child would be crying their eyes out. You know, with their face contorted and beet red with snot and everything. It wouldn't be pretty, but it would be much more realistic.

Just my two cents! I hope you don't think I'm a jerk or something.

Posted

I feel so happy for Rayne! I had felt bad, since Issa and Rayne were fighting, and Issa didn't know Rayne's problem yet. It was so touching!! T_T.gif PLEASE, CONTINUE! I'm happy that Lin with bitten by Issa, or else she would've died. Who knew a half vampire could be so reasonable to bit someone! sweat.gif

Posted

Hey :3

I've read your prologue, and I think maybe you should try to not make his emotions and words so stiff when he finds his entire family dead or just about to die. He'd have more to say than 'Everyone!' when he finds them ((Even a horrified "No!" would suffice)). While a single tear can be symbolic or to show he's tough somehow, any real child would be crying their eyes out. You know, with their face contorted and beet red with snot and everything. It wouldn't be pretty, but it would be much more realistic.

Just my two cents! I hope you don't think I'm a jerk or something.

Thanks for the tip, Pumpkin! I'll change it and make it seem more realistic as an eight-year-old boy. Hey, if your bored, then could you read more of my story and give more tips? I mean, you seem to be much more skilled than I, so it wouldn't hurt to have an expert read and tell me about it!

Thanks a bunch!

-Issa

Posted

I just finished chapter 4 at this exact moment! Hopefully the ones who are commenting comment again and tell me how they like it! Thanks, enjoy!

CHAPTER 4

“Yes! Finally!

Posted

Because I'm nice, just kidding, I'll give you some extra info on todays chapter. Issa loses to his vampire insticts in front of a crowd, and kills a man by sucking out all his blood. Also, the three buddies are visited by someone who will give you all more of a hint on Rayne's past! Well, I worked hard, enjoy! joy.gif

“….GO!