Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Zelda timeline or no?

6 posts in this topic

Posted

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/93128-Nintendo-Lays-To-Rest-Zelda-Timeline-Mystery

I very recently found this. I wonder if it changes anyones mind about when and where all of these took place? Is this old news?

It really doesn't answer any of my own questions, seeing as that I thought every Link for every game was an entirely new Link anyway. I wanted to know which Link was supposed to be the very first Link out of all of them, and which was supposed to be the most recent/last Link in the storyline.

Posted

Yeah, kinda old news. I believe we all came to the conclusion that Nintendo of America doesn't know jack sh*t about the timeline and can't really be trusted with that statement. Sahaqiel made a topic on it, though I don't recall the name. Anyway, there's no reason that Miyamoto can't have an official timeline saved in a secret place on his secret computer under a secret password. NoA isn't a reliable source, I'll personally only believe there is no timeline if it comes straight from Miyamoto's lips. Otherwise, there's no reason to shoot down the possibility.

Posted

Ha! Now I feel foolish. I should have lurked more before putting this up.

but you're right about NoA, they're basically only the translators after a game has been put out, not the development team.

Posted

Well, the first Link is considered by most to be Link from Ocarina of Time. Others say it's the Link from Minish Cap. I have no idea who the latest Link is.

Posted

I've never liked the furious debate around zelda timelines. I think the bickering detracts from the appreciation of the art as it is. You can enjoy the games without paying any attention to which way the wind blows in favor of any given timeline. I've read alot of them. Some I like more than others, but the heel-digging and strict structure of the timeline theories always bothers me a bit. At their best, they can be imaginative; at their worst, they can be a spark that ignites the powder keg of grandstanding. I think Eiji Aonuma's within his rights to say there is no timeline.

Posted

My favorite theory is Ocarinahero10's on youtube. look it up.