Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Land of Chaos

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Ariesta, once teeming with life, with vast forests, endless grassy plains, large, bustling towns, and kind residents. Now a dead land...

Not long ago there were two brothers. Their father was king of Ariesta, and he was dying. Since the brothers were twins, identical, in fact. He couldn't decide who to leave the kingdom to. Oris was the better choice, intelligent, respectable, and more than worthy of the crown. His brother, Aris, was equally intelligent, but cruel, and had a nasty temper.

On the day of his death the king handed over the rule of the kingdom to Oris. Aris, shocked and angry, though he had anticipated it, fled that night, and was not heard from again for several decades. Now he has returned from far away lands, with an army of his own. He beseiged the castle, laying waste to everybody in sight.

Oris and his personal guard, along with his wife and children, fled, using a path unknown to Aris, which lead them to the bordering kingdom of Hyrule.

With the help of the King Hyrule, he has sent out scouts, as well as his General, to seek out gifted young people, but they must appear normal. You, are one of these recruits.

Will you help save Ariesta? Or be a part of it's destuction?

Character Form

Name:

Weapon(s):

Specialty: (Something your character is really good at)

Defect: (Such as asthma, or something like that. Something that would limit your abilities to do something, not mishapen/twisted limbs, or anything like that. But something. Maybe you're deaf? Mute? Try not to select the same as someone else, though.)

Appearance:

You can use other characters(Minus Zelda ones), from video games and such. As long as they're not futuristic. Zelda-type technology here, minus bombs.

Name: Suzaku

Weapon(s): Katana

Specialty: Very quick

Defect: Totally blind in left eye.

Appearance: Tall, medium length dark brown hair, a black eyepatch on his left eye, black leather jerkin, as well as a long dark cloak.

Rules- read carefully.

You cannot kill other people's characters.

Only two characters allowed per person.

Don't do anything that could seriously change the storyline, I might get mad a you.

No super-powerful characters.

All must have some sort of defect that hinders their abilities.

Don't double post.

I'll let a couple people join.

(NOTE: There are no Zelda characters, Im just using Hyrule because pretty much everybody is familiar with it.)

Posted

I made some changes to my character ^-^

Name: Ria

Weapon(s): dagger and a wand for spell casting (water mage)

Specialty: agility

Defect: if her choker necklace were to be taken off her powers will be gone

Appearance: Tall, long black hair, lighter skin, bright blue eyes that appear to change colors depending on her mood. Her clothing is always darker shades, mostly dark blue, purple and black. You will never catch her without a choker necklace on. She wears many braclets, each containing a different spell needed to make her weapons work.

Posted

Name: Simon Tan

Weapon(s): A leaf-bladed short sword, dagger, a medium crossbow.

Specialty: Medical services (basically, I'm a doctor).

Defect: A crippling fear of falling.

Appearance: Tall, thin, a dark brown overcoat, glasses, bright green eyes, black hair, brown pants, and a white shirt.

Posted

Please re-read the main... whatever. I changed it, quite drastically.

Posted

So when do we begin? Or do we need more characters and people to join us?

Posted

I'll start when we get one more person. Unless you want to start sooner...

Posted

go go go i want to start! lets draft someone! 0.o or i can make another character? or something.....lol XD

Posted

Yeah, we might as well. start. If nobody else joins within the next month or so, I'll assign a canon character.

Suzaku fidgited uneasily in his seat. Being a foreigner to Hyrule made him a target for bullying and insults from his fellow students. His eyepatch didn't help much either. His 'funny-eye' as his mother used to call it, often got him even more torment. There were even a few times when soldiers used him as comic relief. Commenting on his 'very stylish eye clothing'.

Usually he ignored these types of people, not really caring when they made fun of his nationality, or his eye. It was when they insulted his mother when he lost his temper. He had been banned from school only last week for breaking a teacher's face in. Right after that a tall man covered in scars, and wearing armor approached him. He told Suzaku, that he was a very gifted individual indeed, and that he would like to speak with him in a tavern on the outskirts of Kakiriko. The man disappeared in a flash of green, which Suzaku recognized as Hylian magic.

It was a bench in the tavern he now sat, sitting face-to-face with the man from Castle Town. The man also wore an eyepatch, his armor was of white and gold. It glinted even in the poor light. He wore a long dark blue cloak, with the hood up.

"Do you know who I am?" The man asked.

"You're a scout." Suzaku replied, the feeling of uneasiness subsiding just a little at the man's friendly tone.

"Yes, you are correct. Do you know why I've scouted you?" Suzaku shook his head slowly.

"It's not because of all the fights you've come out on top of, as Im sure you assumed," The man laughed. "I've noticed your gifts, and I'd like you to join us."

Suzaku had seen the flyers, and he'd heard the talk. Strange men, foreigners, had been recruiting young people to help the King Oris. The King of Hyrule had accepted him into the land like an old friend, even allowing him his own quarters in the castle. Word was, that he was recruiting skilled people to help Oris take back his land. But they had recruited so few...

"Why are you recruiting so few of us?" Suzaku countered. The man sighed, and set down his mug.

"If you join us, come to the castle at noon tomorrow. Tell them you were recruited, an they'll let you pass. A scout will lead you to me, where you will learn more. Good-bye." The man set down a blue rupee to pay for his drink, and vanished again. Suzaku sighed.

Posted

Focus on your breathing,] Simon thought. He slowly aimed the crossbow, sighted on the target, and wham! The familiar kick sent the bolt flying over the target and into Hyrule field. Simon sighed. He didn't see how he could ever hit a target with that much recoil. Sitting down on a bench, he didn't notice the man in white and gold armor until he sat down next to him. Simon jumped and shot out of the bench.

"Who are you and what do you want," Simon demanded.

"I simply want to talk to you. Sit down," the stranger replied, pointing to Simon's recently vacated seat.

"Does this have to do with King Oris?" inquired Simon.

"Ah, you're a bright lad. Yes, I come from King Oris. He needs people like you."

"So...you want to draft me into his service?"

"Only for a while. Do you accept?"

"It would provide some distraction from target practice...sure,"

"Meet me at the castle at noon tomorrow. Tell them you were recruited and show them this." He handed Simon a wax seal with a phoenix on it. "You will meet a scout, who will lead you to me. You will learn more there." /in a flash of green light, he vanished, sendind Simon jumping out of the seat once again. He sighed and loaded a bolt.

Posted

Suzaku nervously messed with his hands as we walked through the bustling streets of Castle Town. It was nearing noon, and he needed to be at the castle by then. His hair was messy and sticking up all over, it curled upwards in the front and in the back. A few strands poked out on the sides, and a couple on top, the rest was flat.

He had woken up that morning panting heavily, he was soaked with presperation and lying on the floor. The nightmares had been getting worse. After a quick rinse-off he had quickly clothed himself and burst out the door, it was already close to noon and he feared he might be late. He had rushed through the crowds, recieving many shouts of anger and quite a few people shouted, 'Watch where you're going!'.

He walked up to the gates, where a guard stood on either side of the massive double-doors. He gulped and approached them.

"I-Im a recruit." He stammered. The guard to his right sighed and walked up to him, then held out his hand expectantly. "Wha- oh, OH!" Suzaku held out the seal and the guard took it.

"Very well, go inside and a scout will guide you further." The man said, then he pushed the door open enough for Suzaku to go inside, an returned to his post.

He saw a man standing about thirty yards away, arguing with the man in the white and gold armor. The armored man stomped his foot and marched past Suzaku, casting him an angry glance as he did so. He slammed through the gates and growled as he bumped into someone.

Another man, close to Suzaku's age--give or take a few years--walked in the gates. He saw Suzaku and the scout up ahead and sighed loudly, then began walking towards them. Suzaku turned around and approached the scout, stopping a few feet away from him. The scout's face was still red with anger when the other man got there.

"Follow me, and don't touch ANYTHING." He barked, spinning on his heel and marching off. The two recruits hurriedly followed him.

The scout lead them through the gardens and around to the back of the castle, where two other recruits already waited.

"Off you go." The scout waved his hand to the others and left, leaving them all alone.

"Good day, peons. I am Lord Mao." One grinned evilly. "And from this moment forth, you are all my slaves." The boy looked about 16, he had big, spiky, white hair, and round glasses on. The three others stared at him for a moment, and his grin faded.

"Im Simon." The man who had walked in with Suzaku said.

"Im Ria, nice to meet you." The girl said. Mao scoffed.

"I-Im Suzaku..." He murmered nervously.

A powerful voice startled them all, even Mao looked it for a moment, before reverting to his scowl.

"Good, now that you're introduced to each other. I am the King of Hyrule." Mao scoffed again. "You have each been recruited for a specific purpose. Every one of you posesses some skill which would make you invaluable in the quest to re-take Ariesta." Suzaku's ears twitched at the name of his homeland. The King appeared on a balcony about fifteen feet above their heads. Standing next to him was King Oris.

"Wait, wait, wait, wait. Who said I was doing anything?" Mao asked incredulously.

The King of Hyrule stared at him for a moment. "You came, didn't you?" The King asked.

"I came because I thought you were making me your overlord. Not to go help some fat guy get his place back. If this Aris already has it, let him keep it." Mao turned and started to stomp off.

"I'll offer myself to be your servant, for eternity," The King began. "If you help recover Ariesta."

Mao stopped abruptly, then slowly turned around. "My slave, for all eternity?" He asked, having heard perfectly well, he only wanted the King to have to repeat himself.

"Yes, your slave, for eternity." He repeated. Mao grinned.

"Very well, I will help you. Don't expect me to do anything I don't want to though." He returned to his original standing spot, far away from the other three recruits. Who all nodded that they would help too.

This time it was King Oris who spoke.

"You will all be paid handsomely for your services, I thank you."

"I have set up rooms for you in the castle, tomorrow you will begin your training, until then, you are free to roam freely."

"