Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Dead Ones

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Prologue: The last good day

Michael Flynn got out of bed bright and early just as he did every morning. He walked outside in his terrycloth robe and slippers and picked up the bundled morning paper. He sat at the kitchen table and drank his Coffee as he thumbed through the morning paper. He placed his cup on the cherry finish dinning table he splurged on and roostered his head to one side. "That's odd!" he said to himself. And it was indeed odd, for his next door neighbor Mr. Carson always practiced the saxophone at exactly 6:55 A.m. he was completely anal about it.

Flynn got dressed and put on his fall jacket. As he exited his house an eerie quiet overtook him. Even at this early hour the sound of the Emerson Parkway a half mile away should've been heard, but all he heard was silence. Flynn jogged across the cul-de-sac and Spotted the pink robe and matching hair curlers of neighbor and defacto gossip queen Mrs. Li.

"Mrs. Li, it's Michael Flynn from across the street are you alright?"

Flynn crept closer to the Asian octagenerian and noticed that she was stratling someone.

"Mrs. Li?" he asked again. As he moved closer she turned her head and looked at him. Her skin was pale, almost green/grey and her eyes were black and lifeless. She let out a savage hiss and lunged at him.

Posted

Old people zombies and little kid zombies really freak me out.

Have you seen Quarantine? Really creepy.

Good job so far, I like it. |D

Posted

I don't even remember writing this... WEIRD!

Posted

Flynn's eyes sank as he lowered his gun. Even after two hits center mass Mrs. Li just wouldn't stop, so as a last resort he aimed for her head. After checking on Kenny, the unfortunate DHL employee whom Mrs. Li snacked on Flynn uncliped his iPhone and called in the incident. "We're sorry, all circuits are busy." a pre-recorded message announced.

As he walked back to his car, two loud pops echoed from a house down the block, seconds later Carl, a guy Flynn knew for years exited carrying a 12 gauge. "Carl what happened?" Flynn asked. "It was Sue...she...she ate Tracy then tried to kill me so I...I shot her." Flynn looked at Carl's hands, they shook violently as he gripped the gun.

"How about you let me take that gun buddy." He said reaching for it.

"They're saying it's everywhere!" Carl added.

"Whose saying...what's everywhere?" Flynn asked.

"The dead man, they walk! It's all over the news haven't you been watchin'?"

"No the Satellite is broken and I haven't..."

"It's the Apocalypse, it has to be. Did I ever tell you my Daddy was a Preacher?" Carl asked.

"No...why?" Flynn asked.

"Well my daddy held these tent revivals, preachin' the word o' god, his favorite was Revelations one particular passage he would drill into everyone there "I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts and I looked and beheld a pale horse and his rider was called death and Hadies followed him."

Carl closed his eyes and faster than Flynn could react brought the barrel up to his mouth and pulled the trigger.

Carls lifeless body collapsed like a bowl of pasta his brains slumping out of the grapefruit sized hole in the back of his head.

"Damn you Carl!" Flynn shouted