Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

So

35 posts in this topic

Posted

I guess I'll introduce myself BEFORE putting on my avatar. Change from my usual routine but okay.

I'm Master Of Diagrams. This name for no other reason than it is a cool title I saw somewhere and I have no originality to make up my own :3 I'm from the United Kingdom, land of chips and cheese as far as the eye can see. Wonder hast befallen you at this blissful description as I can only assume.

I'm 16 and I enjoy mutilating people with swords. Killing moblins with them is fun too. I own a Wii and PS3 and am planning on picking up another DS for Phantom Hourglass sometime. Maybe the new one if the world of reviews deem it better than Jesus. I've played Ocarina of Time, Majoras Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and A Link to the Past. I've yet to complete Majoras Mask, as I keep losing myself in the magical depression that is the game world. Maybe I have ADHD. Maybe I don't. I don't know maybe. Anyway, back on topic.

So I was mesmerized to the games I'd downloaded from dat thar Virtual Console alongside Twilight Princess and Wind Waker, which I borrowed from a friend once I got Twilight Princess for my birthday last year. Now that I've finished up I've decided that it's time to delve into the social world of the Zelda fandom and see what I can see. Not very active. I'm not even sure if I'll ever be replied to. Maybe, maybe not. I just hope I can take over this place within the time limit.

Posted

Welcome to Hyrule.net. Enjoy your stay, and don't forget to make sure you're up to date on your tetnis vacination.

Posted

Welcome to Hyrule.net. Enjoy your stay, and don't forget to make sure you're up to date on your tetnis vacination.

I'm already infected. Hence being a Zelda fan.

Posted

You should pick up more titles.

Get some stuff on your Virtual Console.

It has every console Zelda up to N64, and you apparently haven't been through the trials of LoZ or LoZ II: The Adventure of Link.

Also, when you say magical depression, do you mean the emotionally dark parts of the game? There are a lot of those.

You should get through it. It's pretty cool.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. I'm Sahaqiel, part of the moderator team. But please just treat me like any other dude.

If you need any help, please feel free to PM me or any other active members.

Also, the smallness of this forum compared to other Zelda forums is what makes it unique, I guess.

It's a major Zelda site, but it's run by a bunch o' youngsters and is a small community. Therefore, reputations develop fast, small events are magnified, and everyone knows about everyone.

Therefore, we have a lot of drama, which is hilarious when you're not involved.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Hey!

Welcome to hyrule.net.

Ill give you some basic info on our members:

Dustin-Hyrule.net owner. Cool, but inactive...Most of the Mod ++ are inactive.

Tappy-Mod++

ZuZu-Mod++

Sahaqiel-A cool mod. Very active.

Adr990-Best mod on the site. hes from Holland though, and isn't great with English. He's learning though.

Teto-Posts alot. About 10% of his posts are pointless.

Padraig-Troll/prick. Leave Him alone, he will leave you lone.

Figurehead-Troll/Prick. Leave him alone, and he will still bother you. About 100000000000000000000000000000000 times worse that Padraig.

Me-I hate Obama, and I make that very obvious everywhere. Don't piss me of, as I have a temper similar to that of a volcano.

Arcanelord-Hes cool.

Atheix-Hes cool.

Who did I miss?

Posted

@Sahaqiel: Oh, I see you there. I remember seeing you telling someone else not to quote the post immediately above. I feel pretty guilty now. Anyway, thanks for the warm, fuzzy welcome. And I'll be sure to take a look and see how much the games will set me back. Just spent a crapload on my PS3 and need some games still before I go get anything else. They're for NES right? I'm still new to all this, don't mind me.

@Grandmaster Phoenix: Thanks for the info. I'm hoping there are more active members than just those right? And I have no political views for the USA, so I don't think there will be any need for conflict between us two. Edit: In fact, I have none whatsoever so smiles all round.

Posted

Welcome.

That's all I got.

Posted

Welcome! I hope you enjoy it here.

Most of the people on this site are Americans. We foreigners must band together. I'm from Australia.

Posted

Welcome.

That's all I got.

That's all I need. And hello to you too.

Most of the people on this site are Americans. We foreigners must band together. I'm from Australia.

We should organise a meeting to discuss the problems we face with time zones. Might be difficult.

I'd like to add that I was wrong about the activity of this site. Feels really quick in comparison to other sites I posted on.

Posted

^Yeah. This site is really active. Although it almost died this Summer.

Posted

From looking at today's top posters I got the impression that it was an inch from death. Good thing I got here now rather than Summer or I'm guessing I wouldn't have stayed, which I hope I will. On that note, I hope I don't annoy you with my speed posting. I just want to scour this place for all potential before slowing to a steady pace. And worry not, I am no necroposter.

Posted

We need people making it interesting, go ahead!

Posted

You could probably figure out who the folks are here pretty quickly, through noted smallness.

I could give my personal views on people, though don't take my word for it.

I don't particularly like bias, especially if I create it.

However, even though I'm listing all these people, there are far more inactive members who are still good friends with me.

ACTIVE MEMBER DESCRIPTIONS, BY ALPHABETICAL ORDER:

Adr990 - Dutch dude, has a fascination with Wii homebrew, which is essentially hacking the console for goodies that first parties don't offer. He's really nice, most of the time, even though he has poor English in some situations, which is fine to me, since I can at least understand what he's saying. Sometimes lets religion get in the way of his reasoning in regards to his power as a moderator. Overall, pretty cool dude.

Aethix - He's a religious dude as well, and we debate in Serious Discussion a lot. Has a cool head most of the time, but has meaningful posts and a good humor. Not much to note here. He's experienced in computer programming, though I'm not sure how much experience he has, but that's something we have in common.

Ammonsa - I think his old name was Bond. Overall, I haven't seen a lot of him, but we share views and he has a good sense of humor.

Arcanelord - Been around for awhile. We're pretty good net friends, I'd say. Sometimes gets religious (Yeah, I categorize some people with their devoutness, if you noticed. It's not a bad thing, it's just something I notice.) though I wouldn't normally think him the type. Eh, maybe it's a lack of communication thing.

Arcticfire - He's a mod++ that I've not seen in the longest time. I'm thinking he's a republican dude for how much he bashes Obama. He used to stereotype homosexuals and fear them, which he expresses remorse for since he got to know Dustin, the webmaster. This raises my respect for him.

Cat Girl - Man, I remember when she first joined. Pretty crazy. She's friendly and open minded. Not much else to say. Haven't seen her in awhile.

Chameleon - I shouldn't even PUT HIM ON THIS LIST BECAUSE HE IS NEVER HERE ANYMORE but Chameleon is a pretty cool dude. He and I both pretty much share almost every view on everything, but we have different styles/way of doing stuff, I suppose.

Chef Nonsense - Expresses regret at the small amount of nonsense he generates. Pretty cool guy, puts up with me badgering him about how little nonsense he makes.

Cindy - Neck deep in anime. She's been gone for untold ages, but I wish she'd come back since I am in need of recommendations for my to-research/to-watch list.

Cirt - No one knows how to pronounce her name. Not even herself. I pronounce it "Kurt", like "Kurt". She's really nice but has personal problems a lot, which I like to help her out with. I plan on sending her a bloodstained letter to her soon. I just need a fresh wound, 'cause the old letter's blood is browning a bit and the paper is a bit abused.

Corrupt One - I haven't seen that many of Corrupt One's posts. :/ Where does he post?

Crocodile - Pretty cool dude, and reminds me of Totodile a lot. Sometimes a bit overexaggerated. But no one's perfect, roight.

Dustin - Where are you, Dustin? :( Wtf. He's the owner of the site, he's really cool. I sent him a bloodstained letter at one point, packaged with a pack of lemon Kool-Aid and a paper guitar pick I drew a whale on after I found out that it sucked for playing my guitar. It also had a nickel in it.

Eka - Niceness level is pretty high. Had an amusing voice that I wish to pet. Never shows her face because she is all where at all times.

Fierce Muffin - We're best of bros, though he won't give me his address. >:( Wtf, Muffin. Anyway, he's a blueberry Muffin that has a life of trolling that he abandoned. He now lurks the internet for fapping material, catchy 80's music, and TASs, and also draws in MS Paint, sprites in MS Paint, and lurks spriting boards. he's p. cool

Ganondorf333 - Good humored, never angers, IS NEVER HERE. If it wasn't for his PROMISCUOUS IRL BEHAVIOR AND MISCHIEVOUS IRL WAYS, THEN HE WOULD BE HERE MORE. Enjoys violin and Jonathan Coulton.

Gingerlink - INACTIVE MODERATOR! Cool dude, is a ginger 'cause he says so. One of the coolest things about him, I think, is that he's a moderator at the official Grifball boards, and is on a Grifball team. (Grifball is a game type for Halo 3, made by the voice actor of Grif, a character from Red vs. Blue, made by Rooster Teeth, who have a contract with Bungie.)

Goron Merchant - Inactive moderator. Pretty good humored, and is in another country, Chile, I think, at the moment, as part of an exchange student program, which I envy him for being able to participate in. >:(

Grandmaster Phoenix - Oh why did I lol when I saw his name. We're cool. I mess with him over political views a lot, and even though I'm serious in how I irritate him, I don't mean anything by it. He can have his views if he likes. Many joke that he is a Nazi for his views on homosexuality and other things like gun control and views on Obama and the desire to bake Fierce Muffin because he is Jewish. Which I think is silly.

Ivo-Goji - Has somewhat of a superiority complex, and throws words around a lot. Cool, most of the time. At least he's active.

Kimmy - Oh Kimzy, Kimzy, Kimzy.

Knuckle - Don't see him enough. ;/

Legobonez - Ditto above.

Lionheart - Also religious, and we debate a lot. For some reason I often find myself mixing him up with Aethix. Pretty cool, though, through this relation, I guess?

Min - Pretty cool dude, and we're bros. As far as posting style goes, I think his is somewhat unique for some reason?

Nabeshin - Naebohshin. Cool dude, but he won't stop beating me at night. :(

Negation - Failed trying to ban him. He's pretty bad at trolling, though he will try often.

Padraig! - Found out how annoying trolling really is, though I think he's still up to it sometimes. We're bros. He's a pretty cool dude.

pheonix561 - We're IRL bros. I could describe further, but it's embarrassing lol.

Purulent/Figurehead - Trolls quite a bit. If you don't take his comments to heart, they shouldn't affect you. Though if you see something over the line, please report him.

Sahaqiel - Doesn't have a very high opinion of himself. Types a bit too much for his own good, sometimes. Keeps records on individuals he has significant information on, or if he's interested. Has a lot of projects that he works on in his spare time.

SirJoshizzle - Pretty egocentric, if not, the most openly egocentric individual on the site, but can and is really nice/cool sometimes.

Stormsworder - Religious girl, as you will see by her signature. Sometimes quick to misunderstand some people, I suppose.

Tappy - Abandoned the forum many eons ago.

Teto - He's pretty cool, though somewhere along the transition from eager new member to definitively established member, he picked up trolling. Good humored otherwise, though. Totally going to IRL raid his house when he's having dinner one day.

The Minish Link - Widely referred to as TML since he's followed a pattern of names fitting that acronym. Alright dude, but is really overexaggerated at times.

Umbreon - I don't see her a lot, but she's pretty cool.

Vio Milanor - Vio makes smileys that MAKE ME WANT TO PUNCH HIM IN THE FACE WITH A GOLDEN WHALE!!

lol not really, but yeah. We're bros.

Young Link Addict - Widely known as YLA. Has a slow temper on the internet, and makes questionable decisions. He's cool, though, most of the time.

Zuzu - Very musically inclined, hence his membership in a band. Pretty nice, but not hesitant to tell people what he thinks about the subject, I find.

Err.

Well, that sums it up, mostly.

For the members with over 100 posts, at least.

I got noticeably lazier with my descriptions, since I dunno. I have stuff to do.

But that's the general idea, from my perspective.

Although drama between above individuals does happen between people of the forum, it mostly happens in chat.

Friendships and good times, as well.

Go to chat. >:(

Sahaqiel

Posted

I will try to make it to chat sometime Sahaqiel if what you say is as amazing as I think it is. Seems like a pretty cool community from what you've just told me. I hope I'll actually stay to get to know people as well as you have. Bookmarking that post for future reference.

Posted

It is a pretty cool community.