Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

[Recruitment] Looking for an artist for Zelda fangame

30 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey there. The topic title says it all, but I'll give you some more details.

The fangame is Zelda Future. I'm looking for someone to draw character art and items, etc. The game uses Minish Cap styled graphics, so the art should be similar.

Characters and environments from other Zelda games appear in the game, so I'm also looking for someone who can help with translating those characters into the art style.

If you're interested in joining the team, post an example in the thread or PM me, either way.

Thanks.

Posted

Are you paying people for their services? I think I've got the toon style down quite well, but it would be nice to get something for putting much effort into this. 8]

I have a sample of my work here:

Halloween2009-1.png

Posted

I wish I could pay people for their work - it would make it a lot easier to find someone, haha.

Unfortunately, the way copyright sits, I can't give anyone money. Nintendo is pretty good about letting people make fangames, but if any Zelda-related money were changing hands, I'd get my pants sued off. And winter's a-coming, so I'd prefer to keep those on.

If you'd still be interested anyway, the spot is yours. If you don't mind, I took a brief glance around your DA - your other art is great too, I'm happy to report, although I'm sure you know already you're a good artist.

It's my policy that every team member gets equal treatment, so being on the team means you'd have creative input on everything in the game. We keep up a wiki for everything game-related, so you'd get access to that. You'd get full listing in the ending credits for everything you do as well.

I understand if you don't want to devote time to the game for very little reward. I'm sure you're a student too, and I know time can be hard to come by sometimes. So no hard feelings if that's the case, and thanks for applying.

Posted

Ah yeah, good point haha. Well in any case, then I'll like to participate. If something happens to me and I'll need to drop out, I'll try to notify you that I won't be able to go on due to school work. But, for a head start, you got any specific drawings you want yet? Examples? Extended essay due dates are coming. =P

Posted

Yeah, sure. I'll PM you with some details.

Posted

Do you need anybody to compose music? I'm still sort of a beginner, but I could make some music if you need it.

Posted

I'm always looking for more help. Currently a lot of the music being used is just taken from other games, with a couple original pieces by Ganondorf333. I am somewhat content with that, but more original music is always a plus.

The most important thing to get at the moment is an original theme for Hyrule Field. We could also use a number of remixes. If you'd like to try your hand at one of those as an example, just PM me and I'll give you a list of songs you could take on. If you want to try the field theme, just do 30 seconds of it so I can get a taste.

Posted

Heyy you started this again.

I wish I could join in but I am so fucking busy.

Posted

Did this ever happen?

Posted

Obviously :B

Posted

I vaguely remember a completed project, or at least talks about developing the end of the game, so I assume the project is complete.

Posted

Hoh gosh Zelda Future

Stuff was going to be intense

And I actually know about harmony and writing music now, instead of bumbling around like I did at the time :<

Posted

Do you need anybody to compose music? I'm still sort of a beginner, but I could make some music if you need it.

hey i want to join sure i may draw swords,the trifoce and the deku shield...but may i join you with the music? (if we can)

Posted

Oh hi there, old topic.

The project is still ongoing, not finished. I'd certainly have made a bigger deal of it otherwise. The project's artist and script writer both disappeared; programming and music more or less fell through, as well.

If people are interested in helping out / providing assets, that's cool. I'm willing to accept admissions etc. as always. But the reality is that it's never going to get anywhere without a team behind it, and I don't see that happening. Right now, the project is essentially just an engine, some sprites, and some excellent ideas.

Posted

I wanna help

But the only thing I could think of doing that I could do is design an item menu

So if you need help with that I could help