Should gays be accepted by America?

497 posts in this topic

Posted

Do you think they should be accepted by America and the American people?

And do you think they should be able to get married and such like any other normal couple?

I think they should. Just because they like the same gender doesn't mean they ain't human. They should get equal rights like everyone else! This is as bad as discrimination in the old days!

Posted

I voted no. I don't belive in gay rights.

However, option 3 is a bit extreme. I don't want to go setting people on fire because they are faggots.

Posted

Just wondering, but why?

Posted

...Because you shouldn't set people on fire...

Posted

I voted no. I don't belive in black rights.

However, option 3 is a bit extreme. I don't want to go setting people on fire because they are negroes.

Same thing.

Sahaqiel

Posted

...Because you shouldn't set people on fire...

lol

Anyway, who are we to say the gays can't be gay?

Posted

Goddamnit Saha. Stop editing quotes!

Anyways, Frah:

1.)When homosexual couples have sexual relations, can they produce a child? NO.

There was also an example of something earlier, how high-fiving doesn't do anything. Sex is a method of reproduction. High-fiving was never really meant to do anything.

2.)Freedom of speech. I can oppose gay rights if I so please, as can you.

3.)IMO, its more of an issue of it being called "Marriage". "Marriage should be between a man and a woman". If they called it something nonreligious, like, Civil Union, I think alot of people would find it more acceptable, espically if it wasn't done in a church. TBH, I have no problem with a NONRELIGIOUS union between homosexuals.

Tvvilight~Prince likes this

Posted

I will note vote (since the description wish for the vote No is rude), but It's just they shouldn't.

I know the netherlands started it.

I'm somehow ashamed for that.

But we must turn it back. (even though, we somehow can't.)

Why do you think a Man and a Woman can create kids?

So there will be more people..

If man did go with man, and woman with woman. There wouldn't be kids anymore, and humanity will start to die out.

So, logically, it's wrong. But in this world now, you can't stop it anymore.

Posted

I don't have any kind of problem with gay people. I also don't have any problem with gay marriage in states/provinces/territories/etc. where it is legalized by a majority of voters.

Posted

Me neither have problem with gay people, they are very kind in fact.

It's just that it is wrong.

Posted

Goddamnit Saha. Stop editing quotes!

Anyways, Frah:

There was also an example of something earlier, how high-fiving doesn't do anything. Sex is a method of reproduction. High-fiving was never really meant to do anything.

The high five thing was a counter to your assertion that it wasn't natural.

And abstinent couples can't produce a child either, and infertile people can't produce a child either.

Does this mean we should bar them from being a couple, or marrying?

However, I don't think you can deny Freedom of Speech can also be interpreted as Freedom of Being a Douchebag in many cases.

3.)IMO, its more of an issue of it being called "Marriage". "Marriage should be between a man and a woman". If they called it something nonreligious, like, Civil Union, I think alot of people would find it more acceptable, espically if it wasn't done in a church. TBH, I have no problem with a NONRELIGIOUS union between homosexuals.

Are you even a religious person? Also, your religion is not the only religion to practice "marriage". Marriage is pretty ambiguous. I view it as a declaration that you will be with your partner forever, and that you will love each other as such. I hold no religious attachment to the phrase because religions aren't the exclusive holders of the term "marriage". Egyptians practiced marriage. Eastern Asia practiced marriage. (And had no previous record of barring homosexual marriage) It's not copyrighted, trademarked, or patented, and shouldn't be held from anyone who wishes to practice it, just like I don't care if people practice religion.

Also, Adr, logically, it's not wrong. We're an overcrowded planet. It's not like there are eight people to a town. Humans consume resources like wildfire and laze around trying to fix it. If there were less people, there would be less homeless people and less hungry people. Further, you're saying it like the whole world is turning gay. Homosexuals are a minority group. The world won't die if a few hundred thousand out of six billion and rising become homosexual. Besides, if a couple is homosexual and don't have kids, it creates the need for adoption, and I don't think a full orphanage is a good thing.

Sahaqiel

Henneth Annun likes this

Posted

There is no problem with overpopulation. Just look at any population density map.

There are just a bunch of people packed in a few small areas.

Posted

There's already enough babies up for adoption. They can give one of those little Chinese girls a home.

I am aware of your rights granted by the first amendment, and I was not trying to challenge them. I apologize if it sounded like I was.

3.)IMO, its more of an issue of it being called "Marriage". "Marriage should be between a man and a woman". If they called it something nonreligious, like, Civil Union, I think alot of people would find it more acceptable, especially if it wasn't done in a church.

I never used the words "Marriage" or "Religious." I don't care if it's not called 'marriage' or if whatever we call it isn't preformed in a church. As long as they can be legally wed, I don't give two sh*ts about the little details.

Posted

We have a problem with overpopulation when you take into consideration how many natural resources we consume.

Apparently, if everyone on Earth consumed the resources I did, humanity would take multiple Earths to support.

It's a good thing we have all those starving folks who can't consume resources because they don't have enough money because they'll take any job they can at any price because there are so many people already going for them.

:/

I often marvel at how much oil the Earth apparently has whenever I look at a large passing of cars. Not only is it normal that people are expected to have a ton of metal without considering alternate modes of transportation at the age of sixteen, but they also consume a huge amount of gasoline for whatever reason.

And it doesn't seem anyone cares about that.

In short, it's cool that people want to pursue their dreams and there are so many striving people, but if you don't want to have children, that would help out. And if you want to adopt a child to make their future more bright, that would also be cool. In regards to overpopulation, it's good there are homosexuals, because those are their primary options, other than artificial insemination or male pregnancy.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I fixed the 3rd option. It was kinda mean...:P