Should gays be accepted by America?

497 posts in this topic

Posted

Some people just don't give a damn, and want to keep their own opinions without being attacked by "progressives".

I have my opinions, you have yours, and I respect that. Now quit telling me that I'm a bad person because my opinion is different from yours.

Oh be quiet, wanting someones life ruined is not an opinion. That is what people like you do.

Posted

Oh be quiet, wanting someones life ruined is not an opinion. That is what people like you do.

Oh bother, you're trying to argue with Doubleagent. That is what people like you do.

Posted

Please remind me-How does not getting married ruin your life? If anything it improves it...

Posted

Please remind me-How does not getting married ruin your life? If anything it improves it...

Legal benefits for a start, being taken away of the privelege of actually being bonded further with the person you love, knowing you'll always be in other peoples shadow because of who you are, and nothing you could ever do, no matter who you are, what you've done, who you've helped, the life you've lead, nothing makes any difference to this because of who you love.

Is that fair to you?

EDIT: Looked at your profile, seems you're 15. That explains a hell of a lot.

Posted

(@ Grandmaster Phoenix)

Looked at your profile, seems you're 15. That explains a hell of a lot.

Looked at your profile, seems you're 16. Does that make you a better person than he is?

Posted

Looked at your profile, seems you're 16. Does that make you a better person than he is?

It makes him more mature.

Posted

And anyways, back to my post about the Civil Union thing.

A Civil Union would give the exact same rights, just under a different name. It would be legally recognized and offical.

The term "Marriage" is religious. Religion is very important to many people. "Marriage is between a man and a woman." Most of the gay marriage crap is about how it essentially slaps religion in the face. (Spec:Christianity. Not sure about other religions.)

And you are only 16. So, just because you are a year older, that gives you the right to boss me around and tell me what to think?

Posted

And you are only 16. So, just because you are a year older, that gives you the right to boss me around and tell me what to think?

Boss you about? No. Tell you what to think? No. Tell you that your thoughts are immature and stupid? Sure.

Of course not, but someone like him obviously won't understand the implications of marraige and what it means to people, but he's making close minded posts about it. Right.

Posted

DragonBottles, you might want to do yourself a favor and stop lashing out at people like that. Petulant behavior like that just makes you look childish.

Posted

Lashing out? Where? I don't see it.

Posted

Boss you about? No. Tell you what to think? No. Tell you that your thoughts are immature and stupid? Sure.

Of course not, but someone like him obviously won't understand the implications of marraige and what it means to people, but he's making close minded posts about it. Right.

1.)Isn't telling me that my thoughts are stupid and immature telling me that I should think how you think?

2.)You are 16. You have never been married. Have you ever had to deal with a parent's divorce that TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY FUCKED UP YOUR ENTIRE LIFE? THAT'S WHY I HATE MARRIAGE. AND UNTIL YOU HAVE EXPERIANCED SUCH A LIFE CHANGING, CATASTROPHIC EVENT, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO SAY MARRIAGE IS GOOD.

Posted

TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY FUCKED UP YOUR ENTIRE LIFE? THAT'S WHY I HATE MARRIAGE. AND UNTIL YOU HAVE EXPERIANCED SUCH A LIFE CHANGING, CATASTROPHIC EVENT, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO SAY MARRIAGE IS GOOD.

I HAVE NO RIGHT TO AN OPINION ABOUT THIS NOW AM I RAAAARGH

DB tell him about how your life got puppyed up.

Posted

Lashing out? Where? I don't see it.

I already explained this in the previous thread, feel free to read it.

Let me ask you, do you masturbate? Well, you are using your sexual organ for another reason than reproducing, oh sh*t! WRONG! Also, taking a p*ss must be unnatural and wrong too, right? Get it through your head: Unnatural doesn't exist. It is physically impossible.

Also, high-fiving is a sign of mutual understanding, friendship, and giving respect to those who deserve it! It has a purpose.

Homosexuality and masturbation is all over nature, why are humans any different? I'll tell you why, Religion.

But of course, we were simply asking a question as to why.

My personal opinion is that anyone opposing gay rights is either close minded, just plain stupid, or self-righteous. That or religious, in which case they are all 3 most of the time.

No. We won't be set one step below others due to our sexuality. We won't stand around as you assume the minority is inferior and not worthy of your unreal standards of marraige. The meaning of marraige is no longer religious in most cases, since there are laws around marraige, and that is one of the few reasons we want it.

I want more reasons why you supposedly think it is wrong, please.

Hey Adr, come here, I have a secret.

stfu

It didn't, but it is still morally wrong.

Psst, dude, it wasn't a choice.

I cannot believe you are stopping us from disliking people who dislike a whole type of person based on close-mindedness, how f*cking ironic is that?

It's just unbelievable how you can just say that letting peoples opinion ruin our lives is justifyable by opinion. Really I'm speechless at your logic. They take rights away from us, discriminate us, and worst of all, celebrate when it happens. Why are you sticking up for such monsters?!?

Hahaha. Another desperate attempt to look correct and still refuse to actually argue my points, and instead, just jump in his silly little wagon which I've already proved as stupid.

Some people here don't seem to get the message yet, do they?

Legal benefits for a start, being taken away of the privelege of actually being bonded further with the person you love, knowing you'll always be in other peoples shadow because of who you are, and nothing you could ever do, no matter who you are, what you've done, who you've helped, the life you've lead, nothing makes any difference to this because of who you love.

Is that fair to you?

EDIT: Looked at your profile, seems you're 15. That explains a hell of a lot.

Posted

1.)Isn't telling me that my thoughts are stupid and immature telling me that I should think how you think?

There isn't just black and white, there are other opinions.

2.)You are 16. You have never been married. Have you ever had to deal with a parent's divorce that TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY FUCKED UP YOUR ENTIRE LIFE? THAT'S WHY I HATE MARRIAGE. AND UNTIL YOU HAVE EXPERIANCED SUCH A LIFE CHANGING, CATASTROPHIC EVENT, YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO SAY MARRIAGE IS GOOD.

Oh f*ck you.

When I was 3 years old, my mother treated my Dad like a slave. My mother left him and took me, my brother, and two sisters with her. Stealing all my Dads things, and leading me to a life of abuse, misery, and depression. She would hit me on a near daily basis, degrade me, she named me as severely disabled (Can't walk, eat, cope by myself (bullshit)) to get money from the government and so no one would believe that she really abused me like she did, and totally ruined everything I had because my Dad wasn't there to protect me. For 10 years at least.

Marraige screwed up my life, so f*cking what?

GET THE HELL OVER IT.

Answer to your question - Yes. Yes I have had to deal with that. And a lot worse than you have.

EDIT: @Aethix - I didn't lash out at anyone, actually. I just displayed my opinion, and the only time it was ever "aimed" at someone was Adr, and come on, anyone can see that wasn't entirely serious. What makes me any worse than him? I never said him specifically, did I? I didn't lash out at him.

Posted

DRAGONBOTTLES STOP BEING A DICK.

I AM LASHING OUT AT YOU NOW.