Should gays be accepted by America?

497 posts in this topic

Posted

I was referring to the founding fathers. The ones who signed the Declaration of Independence and such. Not the pilgrims.

Posted

Troll.

Posted

I researched the opposing side's opinion on the reference site we're supposed to go to.

The anti-gay reasons were pretty much disproven with the pro-gay reasons, and with logic.

The anti-gay article I read said something like, "Homosexuality has been going up, and people say this is a good thing, but so has *negative thing here* and society is in the toilet blah blah."

lol

So what if *negative thing here* has gone up? It doesn't prove anything. *Insert positive thing here* has also gone up like technology, and charities, and eco-friendliness.

Another one was something like, "In a study, it was shown that homosexual patients can be cured of homosexuality, proving homosexuality is not inherent or genetic."

In the pro-gay article I read, it mentioned this, only it showed that only like 12% of the patients in the study were 'cured', and most of them still had desires for the same sex. In other words, they just shoved them into a closet.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Also, if someone wants to be gay, puppying let them. Jerks. It's not something harmful, and consequently not something that needs to be "cured."

Posted

If something isn't in any way harmful to you, and will in fact not at all interfere with your life, why try to change it?

Posted

Yeah. We should be grateful, what with all their helping and such.

Posted

People have no idea what it's like they say "just lose weight" yeah like it's so easy. Most obese people got that way from severe eating disorders or through no fault but their own.

An addict will do anything to get their fix.

A food addict will do anything to get their food.

Does this mean they'd make excuses about disorders? Absolutely.

Now don't get me wrong, not everyone is born to be skinny, I for one am not, but it is never impossible to lose weight. Ever. They just need to put more effort in. Of course it isn't easy, but it sure as hell isn't impossible either. They should pull their finger out (of the cheesecake tin) and just excercise.

That point is heavilly flawed.

Posted

this thread is still alive?

lets talk about babies.

Posted

Are they an issue?

Posted

yes.

Posted

You pit of vipers. You white-washed tombs. Why are you arguing about how LOGICAL homosexuality is? There are many simple truths in the world, and here's one of them: Being gay is wrong. I don't have anything against gays. But I sure as heck have something against homosexuality. Being gay is not who a person is, it's what they do. I'm obligated to love them just the same, but I don't have to love what they do.

And no, I don't believe we should allow either gay marriage or being gay at all. Plain and simple: This country was built upon the Christian faith and we as a whole have turned away from that foundation. I'm not trying to preach a sermon here. It's just the truth. We as a Christian nation should not allow homosexuality. And I don't give a flying flip about whether it's "politically correct" or not. Why is okay to insult Christianity and Jews but not Gays? If everybody really DOES have equal rights, then no one should be able to say anything about anyone that's in any way rude or demeaning. And yet here we have local townships FORCING local fire departments to take their "Merry Christmas" signs down because it's not culturally inclusive enough. FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. 95% OF AMERICA'S ENTIRE FRICKIN' POPULATION CELEBRATE CHRISTMAS!!! How can you be anymore inclusive than that? And we have local pastors being ridiculed because they speak out against homesexuality. I'll tell you what, anyone who wants to argue whether homosexuality is right, wrong, or anything in between just pick up a Bible. That's the only place your gonna find any scrap of truth nowadays. And I don't give a crap if I'm being "religious" or whether it's against the rules. You guys are just sick.

Brodongo, Ganny and pheonix561 like this

Posted

puppying hell.

By the way, everyone is laughing at you.

Posted

He's entitled to his opinion.

Posted

Lethe Albion's statements

- The Bible cannot be proven, and is not truth based, but faith based.

- Right and wrong are opinions.

- Judaism/Christianity started it [the back and forth insults]. I'm sure homosexuals didn't start burning Christians at the stake, something true Christianity condemns, yet practiced it on thousands of homosexuals that were just minding their own business.

- Christianity has millions of causalities while simultaneously preaching peace.

- Christmas is now a capitalist based holiday to 95% of the American population.

- 20% of the population of the US is atheist or agnostic.

- This country was founded upon separation of church and state.

You should be like shadowknight or something and be a Christ follower instead of a Christian.

I respect them much more.

Sahaqiel

Posted

If you're eating a steak and I steal it, would you not demand it back? Yet if there is no right or wrong, then the steak is mine just as much as yours and you shouldn't complain. Right and wrong keep us safe. Otherwise, murderers would go free and rapists would be let loose. Keep these things in mind when you say right and wrong don't exist. I'm not arguing, just offering a different perspective.