Should gays be accepted by America?

497 posts in this topic

Posted

But do you have a problem with people being gay at all? SInce I DO have a problem with that, it kind of makes sense to not agree with gay marriage either

well the parts don't match so that doesn't quite add up but if a dude likes dudes I'm in no position to change his mind. you know what I mean. as long as they are not spreading aids and stuff its awwwright. then again heterosexuals can spread aids too.

Posted

True enough. And well said.

Posted

"Lighthouses are more useful than churches." -Benjamin Franklin

"This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it!" -John Adams

"Christianity is the most perverted system that ever shone on man." -Thomas Jefferson

Ah, but you speak of the founders of the USA, not North America. The Pilgrims, who were the first ones here, were devout Christians. And as time has progressed, our leaders have gradually turned away from our Christian roots.

Oh, and since you all care so much about logic, I might mention to you that you have been frequently committing the fallacy of ipse dixit. In Latin it means "he said so". So, just because somebody says something doesn't make it true. It's funny, though, you guys were actually starting to sound smart for a second or two. I'm greatly disappointed.

Gosh, its not like the pilgrims were still a part of Great Britain at the time. they were totally down with being rebellious and definitely their own nation at the time, completely independent from the king.

and who are these founding fathers, anyways? Going around saying stuff like religion has no place in government and all that. They walk around acting like they wrote the book, I mean, Literally wrote the book on the beginnings of our nation. Just who do they think they are?

oh wait.

you box of bears.

Posted

You're also committing the fallacy of ad baculum. By insulting the opponent, you discard you're credibility.

And um, yeah, the Pilgrims did break away from Britain and start their own nation. You know why? For the freedom of religion.

Posted

You're also committing the fallacy of ad baculum. By insulting the opponent, you discard you're credibility.

And um, yeah, the Pilgrims did break away from Britain and start their own nation. You know why? For the freedom of religion.

are you implying a logical fallacy makes an entire argument false?

THE LOGIC IS FLAWED IN THIS ONE

Posted

Ah, but you speak of the founders of the USA, not North America. The Pilgrims, who were the first ones here, were devout Christians. And as time has progressed, our leaders have gradually turned away from our Christian roots.

lol

Too bad the founders of North America were the Native Americans, who did a better job of taking care of it than we ever did.

You're a bit whitewashed yourself, Mr. Albion.

Oh, and since you all care so much about logic, I might mention to you that you have been frequently committing the fallacy of ipse dixit. In Latin it means "he said so". So, just because somebody says something doesn't make it true. It's funny, though, you guys were actually starting to sound smart for a second or two. I'm greatly disappointed.

Just 'cause you know a few words in a dead language, it seems you hold yourself in high intelligence.

Also [just 'cause] "he said so" is the entire basis for religion.

Give me this, then.

I write a doctrine myself, and in the doctrine, it says everything that happens was true. Nothing in it can be tested, and I know that it's just a story. Five thousand years later, people like you take it as a fact.

Is it fact just because you believe it?

The Bible was never definitive truth, and it will never be definitive truth to anyone unless they experience it in true death. And death is a funny thing. You can't quite come back from it. So we'll never know. You can't prove Jesus rose to heaven, or that he came back to life. You can't prove there is a God. You can't disprove there is a God. You speak of fallacies, and yet you spout fallacies. Don't tout religion as truth. It's your personal truth, not a reference book.

Also, this nation was founded on freedom of religion, right? So if I start a religion that practices exclusively homosexual marriage, then you'd be awwright?

Awwright.

Might I add that in that sense, this country was founded on the freedom from persecution, and you seem to condemn, (yes, condemn) homosexuals quite a bit.

Incidentally, you've also discarded some of your credibility:

The first thing you did when you entered this thread was say:

You pit of vipers. You white-washed tombs.

Also, your credibility dropped with me when I saw your holier-than-thou attitude and when you called them "homos".

Have some respect. Goodness.

Who says things like that? "So what if they burned a few homos at the stake?"

That is just ugh.

Alright, "So what if they burned a few niggers?"

"So what if they burned a few kikes?"

"So what if they burned a few people they thought were really witches?"

That just leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.

You're being such a hypocrite.

The difference between one who follows Christ and a Christian seems to be that the Christian follows what the church says. God did not create the church, and neither did Jesus. Jesus promoted peace, and created such gems as "turn the other cheek" and promoted the notion that you should treat others with empathy. You are not treating with empathy. You are being apathetic to the best of your ability. You say you love them, but you hate what they are.

You're only showing how little you try to be empathetic.

lol@ Hare Krishna.

Also,

You coagulation of wasps.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Nah, mang. He can say poo like that because God told him to. So ignorant, Saha.

Posted

The native americans weren't the ones who started the influx of people to the country. The Pigrims actually set up a home there, and more and more people came.

And you speak of God and Christianity as if logic somehow applies to it. Gos is above logic. He created logic and reason. Not that God is illogical, but logic doesn't bind him. How do you explain that he is three people, but the same person at the same time? You can't. Because he's not bound by mortal reasoning.

And homosexuality is not a religion. Even if it was, that's true it was built on freedom of religion. That doesn't mean I totally agree with that. Yes, I believe people should have the freedom to believe anything they want, but I also believe that Christianity is the only true religion.

And I didn't insult anyone. I spoke the truth. Jesus said those same words to the Pharisees. Not because he was trying to mean, but because they were evil and they needed to hear the truth. I don't have anything against any of you guys, but the things you do and say are against what I believe in. And I didn't say it to be mean either. I spoke the truth.

And I apologize if my use of the word homo was seen as demeaning. I simply used as if I would use the word people. You know, as in, "So what if they burned a few people at the stake." Meaning, yes, they did do some pretty evil things, but that's in the past. And not everybody's like that. I wasn't saying they were useless or worthless or anything like that.

And yes, God did create the Church. Or really, Jesus created the Church. It began with these words: "19Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in[a] the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

So really, he did start the Church. And he says so many times throughout the Bible, and refers to it as his bride.

And I don't hate what they are. Because homosexual is not what they are, it's what they do. They are human beings. And I have a responsibility to love every human the same. And though I don't live up to this standard all the time, I try my best and God knows that and helps me along.

Posted

I'm sorry.

I should have listened to God at the last meeting.

Two thousand years ago.

Sahaqiel

Posted

And you speak of God and Christianity as if logic somehow applies to it. Gos is above logic. He created logic and reason. Not that God is illogical, but logic doesn't bind him. How do you explain that he is three people, but the same person at the same time? You can't. Because-

He does not exist.

Posted

Well, actually the last meeting was last Sunday at every Christian church in the entire world. Don't worry if you missed it, they happen every Sunday.

And yes, God exists. But don't worry, if you don't want to believe that, fine. It doesn't make it not true, though. I'll be praying for you guys anyway.

Posted

Just because you believe in him doesn't mean that he exists. Your logic is flawed.

Posted

I didn't say that that proved anything. It doesn't. But I believe and know the truth, so it doesn't really matter to me whether you believe God exists or not. All I said was that believing in something doesn't change it's truth value. YOU'RE logic is flawed.

Posted

My logic is the same as yours.

Posted

Churches are for congregating. Jesus just told them to baptize folks. The church has a hierarchy of power, and therefore is corruptible. If you are who you say you are, you should just follow Jesus' words, not his followers'.

Also, we're only evil in your eyes. It's an insult, plain and simple. I am not a pit of vipers, nor am I a whitewashed tomb, and I take offense in being called as such.

The native americans weren't the ones who started the influx of people to the country. The Pigrims actually set up a home there, and more and more people came.

It doesn't matter. The pilgrims didn't found it. They just found it. They were not the originators of the country, or the continent. Both were already there.

And you speak of God and Christianity as if logic somehow applies to it.

The argument wasn't whether or not logic applies to God. Like I said, you can't prove or disprove God. I'm well aware that God isn't logical. The argument was whether or not the Bible is based on definitive truth. Which it isn't.

And homosexuality is not a religion. Even if it was, that's true it was built on freedom of religion. That doesn't mean I totally agree with that. Yes, I believe people should have the freedom to believe anything they want, but I also believe that Christianity is the only true religion.

Then don't force it on people or berate them.

I spoke the truth.

You spoke your opinion. There's a difference between enslaving and tormenting people and letting people love whom they choose.

And I apologize if my use of the word homo was seen as demeaning. I simply used as if I would use the word people. You know, as in, "So what if they burned a few people at the stake." Meaning, yes, they did do some pretty evil things, but that's in the past. And not everybody's like that. I wasn't saying they were useless or worthless or anything like that.

I understand, but no one should ever take massacre in such a trifling manner. :/

And I don't hate what they are. Because homosexual is not what they are, it's what they do. They are human beings. And I have a responsibility to love every human the same. And though I don't live up to this standard all the time, I try my best and God knows that and helps me along.

Then is a heterosexual individual not also just what he does? Can I not hate heterosexuality, or the act of being one?

Step in the opposing shoes for awhile.

At least, try to.

I was in similar shoes you were.

Now I'm ashamed of that past. :/

And yes, God exists. But don't worry, if you don't want to believe that, fine. It doesn't make it not true, though. I'll be praying for you guys anyway.

You can not prove this, and you will never be able to so long as you take breath.

Sahaqiel