Should gays be accepted by America?

497 posts in this topic

Posted

So you think you're open-minded, do you? Well, let me ask you this. Are you open-minded enough to consider that maybe being close-minded is the best option? Even still, being close-minded does nothing to my credibility. I believe in something with my heart soul and mind. Nothing more to it. Yeah, I've tried to look at the situation through other people's eyes, and you know what I see? They made a wrong decision. And that's that.

Just because the Bible is incredibly old and gone through thousands of translations doesn't mean it's any less credible.

And yes, it IS definitive truth. And just because God is above logic doesn't mean he is illogical. He can choose whether to be or not. That's the beauty of being an All-powerful Creator. Kinda let's you be able to do whatever you want.

Can you prove that God doesn't exist? No, therefore you can't say that either side is true, LOGICALLY. But you're still speaking lies, and I'm speaking truth. I'm not trying to be righteous or anything like that. It's just the truth. Because God doesn't require human reasoning to exist.

No, sick and disgusting to God and thus to all his people.

I don't really feel like being responsible for you spending the rest of eternity burning in Hell, so no. And besides, my time here is not done yet. God still has a purpose for my life.

Posted

But Ammonsa, his opinion is better than ours because he's a Christian. =D

Posted

Are you open-minded enough to consider that maybe being close-minded is the best option?

LOGIC

Posted

I don't really feel like being responsible for you spending the rest of eternity burning in Hell, so no. And besides, my time here is not done yet. God still has a purpose for my life.

Coward.

God hasn't told you anything, by the way.

So stop stuffing words in God's mouth. If I were God, I'd take you for some kind of false prophet.

All your beliefs are opinions that are based on someone else's tale. You have not experienced it, you only know of it. Calling it definitive fact is more of a lie than anything.

Stop calling me a liar because of your own inadequacies and lack of motivation to find deeper meaning on your own.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Stop calling me a liar because of your own inadequacies and lack of motivation to find deeper meaning on your own.

I have a feeling this won't be understood.

Posted

No, it's not better because I'm a Christian. When did I say that? Everyone's equal in God's sight.

Yes he is three people and the same because he does exist.

I did not say that because he's illogical he's above logic. I said he's above logic and that's that. He created logic and he has the right to obey it or not. And yes they're the same God.

My point? Sahaqiel said she missed the last meeting 2000 years ago, and I was simply explaining that Church meets every Sunday so she didn't have to worry about anything.

Yes, but Jesus is God, and God inspired men like Moses to write books of the Bible. So by extension, he did.

And yes words can be alive spiritually, but then again, that would be illogical. Or above logic, as God created it to be. And the Holy Spirit does not inspire people to sin. They lied and used God as an excuse to kill people.

And for the THIRD TIME, I did not say He was illogical. I said he is ABOVE logic. He INVENTED logic and can do ANYTHING HE WANTS to it or about.

And because God is an All-powerful being he can do anything he wants, including making someone out of dirt and giving him life.

Posted

I forgot, Min.

Now, Lethe. I respect your religion, even if I don't believe in it. I am now going to a Catholic school, I have to study your religion and I will. But, I absolutely hate people like you who aren't content with simply believing in something and actually try and impose your beliefs on EVERYONE. I don't care if you think that is right, honestly. It isn't right to me and if someone tries to do it to me I will be angry.

Posted

I believe in something with my heart soul and mind.

your heart cannot believe or think. your logic is flawed

Yeah, I've tried to look at the situation through other people's eyes,and you know what I see? They made a wrong decision. And that's that.

No way me too bro we should hang some time since we have so much in common

Just because the Bible is incredibly old and gone through thousands of translations doesn't mean it's any less credible.

Just because you can find it contradicting itself every few pages or so doesn't make it any less credible

And yes, it IS definitive truth. And just because God is above logicdoesn't mean he is illogical. He can choose whether to be or not.

That is a logical fallacy. your logic is flawed

That's the beauty of being an All-powerful Creator. Kinda let's you be able to do whatever you want.

so she can do whatever she wants yet she lets people get raped and murdered everyday. does shelike people getting raped and murdered? Your logic is flawed

Can you prove that God doesn't exist? No, therefore you can't say thateither side is true, LOGICALLY. But you're still speaking lies, and I'mspeaking truth. I'm not trying to be righteous or anything like that.It's just the truth. Because God doesn't require human reasoning toexist.

LOGICALLY (I am about to pull out the worst atheist point ever but I have to) you cannot prove a flying spaghetti monster isn't real. So a flying spaghetti monster must be true correct? since he speaks the truth and tells no lies. Your logic is flawed.

I don't really feel like being responsible for you spending the rest ofeternity burning in Hell, so no. And besides, my time here is not doneyet. God still has a purpose for my life.

well if god is real I guess I will be chilling out with satan. (bout to pull a great liam gallagher quote) "I live for now, not for what happens after I die. If I die and there'ssomething afterwards, I'm going to hell, not heaven. I mean, thedevil's got all the good gear. What's God got? The Inspiral Carpets and nuns. puppy that."

Posted

Coward.

God hasn't told you anything, by the way.

So stop stuffing words in God's mouth. If I were God, I'd take you for some kind of false prophet.

All your beliefs are opinions that are based on someone else's tale. You have not experienced it, you only know of it. Calling it definitive fact is more of a lie than anything.

Sahaqiel

I'm not a coward. My beliefs are based on the changes that have come over my life since I became a Christian and the good things that happen every time I choose right instead of wrong. I've experienced the burn in my heart of the Holy Spirit speaking to me. And I have found deeper meaning. I'm a child of God. That's my meaning. And God has told me quite a lot. Through my parents, my pastor, and many other people and the Bible. What would be true cowardice would be to actually go along with this bet of yours and kill myself just to prove a point. That's a waste. God still has a purpose for me and I have yet to find out what it is.

Posted

Hey, do you approve of slavery? The Bible mentions it numerous times.

Posted

good things that happen every time I choose right instead of wrong.I've experienced the burn in my heart of the Holy Spirit speaking to me.

that sounds more like karma are you a Buddhist? Also the holy spirit cannot speak to you because it does not exist. Your logic is flawed.

God still has a purpose for me and I have yet to find out what it is.

her purpose for you is for you till kill yourself for believing in this nonsensical lunacy. AND QUITE FRANKLY DEAR, I DON'T GIVE A DAMN!

Posted

your heart cannot believe or think. your logic is flawed

No way me too bro we should hang some time since we have so much in common

Just because you can find it contradicting itself every few pages or so doesn't make it any less credible

That is a logical fallacy. your logic is flawed

so she can do whatever she wants yet she lets people get raped and murdered everyday. does shelike people getting raped and murdered? Your logic is flawed

LOGICALLY (I am about to pull out the worst atheist point ever but I have to) you cannot prove a flying spaghetti monster isn't real. So a flying spaghetti monster must be true correct? since he speaks the truth and tells no lies. Your logic is flawed.

well if god is real I guess I will be chilling out with satan. (bout to pull a great liam gallagher quote) "I live for now, not for what happens after I die. If I die and there'ssomething afterwards, I'm going to hell, not heaven. I mean, thedevil's got all the good gear. What's God got? The Inspiral Carpets and nuns. puppy that."

I'm talking about my spiritual heart, not the organ.

The Bible does not contradict itself anywhere even once. Show me one place and I'll believe you.

And like I said before, God is above logic and therefore you can't apply logic to him. You keep trying but it continues to not work.

Yes he lets people get murdered and raped all the time. He doesn't make it happen. Did ever say that? I said he CAN do whatever he wants to. But he often uses lesser forces (Such as humans) do accomplish his will. I could try to explain to you why he let's this happen, but I don't believe you're ready to listen. AThat and it's extremely complicated.

Your logic is flawed here, actually. That's called ad ignorantium. I said that because no one has ever proven God to exist means that you can't prove ANYTHING on ANY SIDE.

I'm sad to hear that. Because, I mean, call me crazy, but I would think that spending eternity in a city of gold and never having to experience any kind of pain ever again would somewhat more appealing than eternally burning alone in utter solitude.

And yes, the holy spirit can speak to people. Just 'cause you haven't experienced it doesn't mean it's never happened. And I know it's happened 'cause it's happened to me.

And how can you know what God's purpose is for another human being? if you want to go logically, then since in your mind God doesn't exist, I have no purpose. Your logic is flawed.

And yes I believe that since God was okay with slavery than it's okay. But we are talking about two different types of slavery. The slavery in the Bible that Jesus refers to is that of a kind and compassionate master who.....well, basically I guess you could call them just another servant like today, getting paid and all. But the slavery you're talking about is called abuse and it's wrong.

Posted

Dude, you fail. A lot.

Posted

I'm talking about my spiritual heart, not the organ.

you have two hearts. Hot damn thats cool!:joy:

The Bible does not contradict itself anywhere even once. Show me one place and I'll believe you.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q...+contradictions first link that comes up

And like I said before, God is above logic and therefore you can'tapply logic to him. You keep trying but it continues to not work.

explain to me how he is above logic?

Yes he lets people get murdered and raped all the time. He doesn't makeit happen. Did ever say that? I said he CAN do whatever he wants to.But he often uses lesser forces (Such as humans) do accomplish hiswill. I could try to explain to you why he let's this happen, but Idon't believe you're ready to listen. AThat and it's extremelycomplicated.

well she is omnipotent does she choose not to help people? since she obviously does not and uses these "humans" she certainly is not omni benevolent . I am ready to listen considering I was a christian for 16 years. and you are only 15. c'mon tell I wanna know all her super secrets.

Your logic is flawed here, actually. That's called ad ignorantiam . Isaid that because no one has ever proven God to exist means that youcan't prove ANYTHING on ANY SIDE.

you obviously did not read what I posted considering you did not even try to counter it. go back re read and try again. Also I would suggest you stop looking up the list of logical fallacies on wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logical_fallacies It is making you look like an idiot because you are using the wrong ones. the flying spaghetti monster is a strawman logical fallacy not ad ignorantiam

I'm sad to hear that. Because, I mean, call me crazy, but I would thinkthat spending eternity in a city of gold and never having to experienceany kind of pain ever again would somewaht more appealing thaneternally burning alone in utter solitude.

you obviously do not understand sarcasm

Posted

Why do you persist when your face has so much egg on it.

Oh, that's right. The cholesterol in your heart is burning and telling you to exert yourself so you don't suffer a heart attack.

Hesitantly, /joke

Sahaqiel