Should gays be accepted by America?

497 posts in this topic

Posted

I think you were quoting Epicurus in a kind of harder to understand way.

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.

Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.

Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?

Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

Posted

IN LAMENS TERMS, SAHAQIEL.

GAWOOOOOOSH.

you closet of barracudas.

Posted

God can be both good and all-powerful.

He is good because he forgives and is just.

He is all-powerful because he can do anything. Wherein is the logical fallacy? He has the ability to stop evil, yet lets men have free will. This does not make him malevolent, but perhaps makes him loving? He doesn't want you to be a mindless puppet. He fully intends to deliver us from all evil, as stated plainly by Christ. Yet it was Christ who died in our place so that we would not be condemned. His punishment for sin, death, was fully carried out in Christ so that we would not have to endure it. This makes him all-powerful, as he carried out the death of Christ, yet also good because he forgives everyone through that death. He also didn't make Jesus die for us, you know. Jesus did it by his own free will.

Posted

see, malevolent was the wrong word epidoffooosdfmagish used, in my opinion. malevolent? see, if he's loving and all that, sure hes good, but hes not all good. so your right, he doesnt want you to be a mindless puppet. so hes all powerful, just not all good. but that doesn't mean hes malevolent.

Posted

Jk, mang, jk.

Posted

Assuming that what Jesus said is true, then God is completely good and so anything not in alignment with God is evil. I don't know what standard you set as "good," but there can be no one who is more good than God, assuming that Jesus is telling the truth.

Posted

Assuming that what Jesus said is true, then God is completely good and so anything not in alignment with God is evil. I don't know what standard you set as "good," but there can be no one who is more good than God, assuming that Jesus is telling the truth.

Thank you, Lionheart.

That phrase is refreshing.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I can't prove to anyone that Jesus was telling the truth. All I can do is provide evidence supporting him. However, it seems people think they can just say "God doesn't exist" or "Jesus wasn't God" and be right. They aren't right, as no one can definitively prove or disprove the existence of a deity, because a deity doesn't play by the rules of science and you can't form a testable hypothesis.

Posted

YES. You are right. Thank your parents for you for me.

Posted

I've said this before.

It's just a load off ever since Lethe did the same thing you said, only in regards to the existence of a deity.

Sahaqiel

Posted

They aren't right, as no one can definitively prove or disprove theexist of a deity, because a deity doesn't play by the rules of scienceand you can't form a testable hypothesis.

well put.

its really just a question of faith I suppose. durr lol

Posted

So why do you guys listen to Lionheart when HE says deities don't operate by logic or physics? Is there something I'm missing here?

Posted

I didn't condemn them to hell?

Posted

So why do you guys listen to Lionheart when HE says deities don't operate by logic or physics? Is there something I'm missing here?

Because he actually responds to what we are saying instead of calling it a logical fallacy and claiming we are going to hell and are a pit of vipers. Run on sentence lol

Posted

He doesn't pretend to think that everything he believes is definitive fact.

Good man, Lionheart.

The issue wasn't whether or not God operated by physics or logic. I've been trying to tell you I know a god wouldn't.

The issue was that you take that as definitive proof that God exists, and, well, it isn't.

Also, I lold at Lionheart's post heartily, yarr.

You room full of pandas.

Sahaqiel