Should gays be accepted by America?

497 posts in this topic

Posted

I scare folks off. ):

But I don't want to.

Posted

Here in the Netherlands it's a normal thing. Only in Amsterdam it is often a bit extreme. They even think of 'fake gay' cops who lure those bad people to them, but that's something I heard on the news last.

Imo the're just normal people. It's a bit hard to don't accept them, even in America. Just like any other kind of people is being accepted.

Posted

You can't choose the actions of other people, but you can choose how you react to them. With this particular topic, if you don't like gay people (or rather, the thought of people being gay, not the people specifically), you have two choices: Tolerance or Mistreatment. Make a choice.

Posted

Preferably tolerance c:

Posted

GAYNESS

A HARD TOPIC

teeheen.gif

Also, "I don't hate gays, God does."

Posted

lol

Anybody seen Religulous? Great movie.

Posted

Loved that movie.

Posted

I loved the Scientology part. And the captions that pop up during his interviews :)

Posted

I'm kinda agnostic. I watched it with an athiest friend. A good time was had by us! My christian friend watched it later. He said it was full of bull shit and propaganda.

Posted

It was a bit biased, but Bill himself said that the movie was meant to be a comedy. He had no intention of like, changing the way people think or anything.

I'm kinda agnostic myself. I think religion brings about some good things. It gives us a good sense of community and right and wrong. But it seems like it brings more bad things than good. But there are better ways of changing this world than putting so much faith into a god. Sometimes that faith can turn on you when you don't get what you want. I think we'd be better off trusting ourselves and trying to take the initiative to do what we need to do in order to better the lives of those around you. Saying, "God will do what he thinks is right." instead of doing what you think is right is just being lazy.

idk.

Posted

you pit of vipers

Posted

you white-washed tombs

Posted

I miss Lethe. He said his parents would never let him be active on a forum so long as he lived under their roof. When will he return to us?

Posted

Oh my goodness. I actually voted yes on this? I didn't give a generic troll response like I would usually?

Surprise o:

Posted

When did this thread get so big? o_o