Should gays be accepted by America?

497 posts in this topic

Posted

BLARG I THINK EVERYWUN SUCKS AND ALL THAT SCROO EVERYWUN

only turtles should have rights.

Posted

Hey Chamo, did you ever buy any of those hats?

After all, the only thing the commies got right was fur hats.

You hardly know what Communism is.

But ponder this. Even though you might think that marriage supposedly screws up your life, you haven't met everyone on Earth with a marriage. :/

Imagine how many people fantasize about marriage, since preschool and beyond, about being with their lovers, about being recognized as two people who chose to spend life together, recognized by the government and their peers. It's a mystical, symbolic thing that ties two people together (or more, if you're Mormon) that means you place each other in more regard than you do yourself. Think of all the small, innocent children that grow up to believe that this is the Holy Grail, that they might have a chance at happiness. Some of them get their wish. I've seen them. To call it anything other than marriage would be to strip it of its beauty, and its meaning. Civil unions... they're nothing but a tarp covering up what a marriage is supposed to be.

Marriage isn't your religion's exclusively, like I've pointed out so many times. In certain places in the U.S., just paying the same bills and acting like a married couple for awhile while living under the same roof as someone makes you automatically married. Marriage recognition is up to the state, and last I heard, there is supposed to be a clear separation from church and state. "Render unto Caeser what is Caeser's, and render unto God's what is God's". Even your religion won't take any part in that.

I'm tired of explaining things to you, DoubleAgent. I actually gave you a lot of respect when you defended Vivi when she came out of the closet. But turning a blind eye to people's feelings for something you don't even believe in really pisses me off. If you think marriage ruins peoples' lives, and if you're not going to participate in it, then why keep them from playing dodgeball if you're playing tetherball?

It isn't fair, or just, or righteous. It's just a dick move.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Hey Chamo, did you ever buy any of those hats?

After all, the only thing the commies got right was fur hats.

I didn't, but I probably will eventually. I don't buy clothes too often.

Also, I have to agree with Sahaqiel and say that communism isn't what you think it is. :(

It can actually be pretty cool, if you do it right.

It also has nothing to do with homosexuality, so let's get back on topic.

Posted

^^ Thank you.

Posted

*walks into thread chuckles and walks out*

Posted

Good job being eleven, fox boy.

Posted

Holy shit, did I miss all this?

:(

Posted

You missed all this and more.

Posted

Wow...

only someone so young could be so naive. Discrimination still goes on to this day in many forms,

A woman will always get paid less for doing the same job as a man.

The older employee will be let go so a younger, inexperienced person can be hired at a reduced salary.

And the worse group treated in this country are the morbidly obese. People have no idea what it's like they say "just lose weight" yeah like it's so easy. Most obese people got that way from severe eating disorders or through no fault but their own.

It is true that the homosexual lifestyle should be accepted. But the United States is a Christian nation and because of a book written two thousand years ago about a carpenter with magic powers (which goes to show that human gullibility is as strong as it's ever been) it's looked on as an abomination.

So yes I do believe that gays should be accepted in the US as well as other countrues (with the exception of Iran because according to their President "Their are no Gay people in Iran, homosexuality is manufactured by the west")

Posted

If it's no fault of theirs, why were these eating disorders not around a hundred years ago?

Posted

People have no idea what it's like they say "just lose weight" yeah like it's so easy. Most obese people got that way from severe eating disorders or through no fault but their own.

I think you made a mistake there. But I have to disagree. Some people can gain weight much more easily than others, but that doesn't mean they can't do anything about it. There are plenty of overweight people that wouldn't even have to do too much to lose weight. Also, if they had tried to maintain a healthy weight when they realized they were putting on quite a few pounds, they wouldn't have got to the point where it becomes ridiculously hard to lose weight because they are so out of shape. Some people do have other problems besides just letting themselves get fat, but they can still do something about it.

Also, I don't really see how fat people are "the worst-treated group in this country."

And I should know; I can look in two different directions at once.

Posted

It is true that the homosexual lifestyle should be accepted. But the United States is a Christian nation and because of a book written two thousand years ago about a carpenter with magic powers (which goes to show that human gullibility is as strong as it's ever been) it's looked on as an abomination.

So yes I do believe that gays should be accepted in the US as well as other countries (with the exception of Iran because according to their President "Their are no Gay people in Iran, homosexuality is manufactured by the west")

While I agree about the gullibility, I disagree that America is a Christian nation. If you meant that the majority of people in America are of the Christian religion, then yes. However, to my my knowledge, pretty much all of the founding fathers were either atheist or agnostic. Thomas Jefferson is one of the more notable ones, and is quoted as saying, "Religion is the most perverted system that ever shone on man."

Posted

Today, in English, our teacher started teaching us about making an argument.

I got pro-gay marriage.

Posted

Well on tuesday my english teacher asked the class how much a hooker was.

Posted

While I agree about the gullibility, I disagree that America is a Christian nation. If you meant that the majority of people in America are of the Christian religion, then yes. However, to my my knowledge, pretty much all of the founding fathers were either atheist or agnostic. Thomas Jefferson is one of the more notable ones, and is quoted as saying, "Religion is the most perverted system that ever shone on man."

Don't be silly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pilgrim_Fathers