Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zelda : Infinite Memories (A Fangame)

26 posts in this topic

Posted

[quote name='Fan Maker Matt' date='04 May 2010 - 05:11 PM' timestamp='1273007496' post='299792']
The game will not be exactly canon
[/quote]

Duh. No fan games can ever be canon. Wikipedia defines canon as material that is considered to be "genuine", "something that actually happened", [u][b]or can be directly referenced as material produced by the original author or creator.[/b][/u]

Posted

Good luck finding somebody skilled in 3D programming. I don't think anybody here is.

Posted

[quote name='Phantasmagoric Hero' date='04 May 2010 - 10:15 PM' timestamp='1273025730' post='299978']
Duh. No fan games can ever be canon. Wikipedia defines canon as material that is considered to be "genuine", "something that actually happened", [u][b]or can be directly referenced as material produced by the original author or creator.[/b][/u]
[/quote]

Wouldn't you consider Ocarina of Time 2D being a fangame, although based directly on the events of OoT? Then, wouldn't that game be canon?

Sorry, I just have an obsession with messin' with people and attempting to prove them wrong.

Posted

I've never even heard of OoT 2D.

Posted

That's... Unbelievable! o.o You've never heard of Daniel Barras' production of Ocarina of Time 2D? D:

Of course, I doubt it'll ever be finished. Been waitin' yeeears.

Posted

I looked it up on Google. Didn't really perk my interest.

Posted

I'm thinking of shelving Infinite Memories for now. However if you email me I have a development group you can join if you like making games and have some free time. My email is [email protected].

Posted

[quote name='Largely Legendary' date='14 August 2010 - 08:17 AM' timestamp='1281791876' post='316909']
rofl. This was, uh, ambitious. I guess. I mean, all you had to work with was a badly-drawn Link on copy paper.

What you should have said was:

"I'm a dumbass for thinking that this would work". You said that you may come back to this project, as if it ever had a chance of being more than a piece of paper. Get the fuck out.
[/quote]

Hey! I'm not that good at drawing but it was just me and I tried to send a concept of what I wanted him to look like. I would have been happy with N64 graphics too! I was getting no verifications of help so I figured I'd shelve it until people decided to help! AND PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL YOU FLAMER! Or did your mother not teach you the meaning of the word?

Posted

Well, to be truthful... He does have a bit of a point.
You've never shown us anything more than just the drawing of Link.

Nor have we seen any sort of updates to this in almost over a year. None at all.
It would be great to see this up and running again someday, though I'm most likely saying that to be nice, I don't know much about the project, to be honest.
Though I really do mean it, Good Luck with it.

Posted

[quote name='Vio Milanor' date='16 August 2010 - 02:33 PM' timestamp='1281987221' post='317108']
Well, to be truthful... He does have a bit of a point.
You've never shown us anything more than just the drawing of Link.

Nor have we seen any sort of updates to this in almost over a year. None at all.
It would be great to see this up and running again someday, though I'm most likely saying that to be nice, I don't know much about the project, to be honest.
Though I really do mean it, Good Luck with it.
[/quote]

I know, I'm kind of bad about updates, but I also do other things. I'll figure something out and you can see if you still like it. Besides this was more of a Dev Team Recruitment, PM me if you might be interested in helping, kind of thing. And about the pic, I don't have a scanner to use, just a camera.

Posted

The final verdict of the status of this project will remain as active. After revising the story to fit one variation of the Split Time line Theory, I have found a way to keep the characters I want to include and replaced Diggs with Navi (only less annoying) in the storyline. I am also in the process of creating a more Steampunk universe for Zelda, allowing technology to enhance the story rather than harm it. In addition, after clocking over a month of near non stop Monster Hunter Tri, I became inspired to write the bosses similarly in challenge and function to some of the monsters I have been hacking and slashing through. I have also revised some of the controls for Wii if the game can be set to play on it and also planned for controls that will run smoothly on the PC if that does not work out as well. Weapons have been looked over and instead of having a Final Fantasy 7,8,10, and 13 like weapons setup where each character was limited to a specific weapon type, I have chosen to allow multiple weapon usage to allow for better customization of your own Link as you progress.

I will be working on the site linked on the first post and I will try to update WEEKLY IF NOT EVERY OTHER DAY, with details and tidbits on progress. However on that note, be advised there will be no progress if I do not get volunteers to help me. While I am in charge of writing the story, side quests, creating the world's lore and cultures anew, I lack the programming knowledge to actually write a game of this caliber. I am not saying I cannot code, because that is not true, I can code text based adventures and a rough LAN Game.

As a recap:
[list][*]I revised the game over and adjusted the story to fit the Adult Time line before Wind Waker.[*]I need: Programmers, 3D Modellers, and perhaps a better artist.[*]I will be: Maintaining the site and further sanding on the story, planning dungeons and puzzels, building the backstories and subquests for the characters, and revamping the traditional Zelda combat style (in a good way)[/list]